Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Destin is on the Gulf of Mexico. Looks like they may have made it out of the country.

I am not great with geography. From Destin, where exactly would they have close access to another country?

They've probably gone off the grid. $4,500 isn't going to last that long and if you plan on living in a car with a teenager for any length of time that won't last long. At some point, they will have to come in off the grid for supplies or whatever. They are going to need money.

How long is a teenager going to last without internet, a phone and friends?

I am not too concerned about how long the money will last other than in the context of his plans.

The above is my opinion only.

I feel sorry for the girl ... she has a certain image she built up about the perfect love by this yucky man ... she will be disappointed and I hope he doesn't do anything to harm her ...

I just hope once she's found and back with her family, she gets some counseling because she's gonna need it to get over this ordeal, and I hope she doesn't decide to run again because of it ..

Because on SM there were pics of certain places in both locations. And getting INTO Mexico by cruise ship is much easier than crossing the border in a SUV that everyone knows the description and plate number on.
Not saying they did but it would be extremely easy. If i ever have to get into another country quickly and safely while staying 'hidden', i'd most definitely go by cruise to mexico then go from there. You can then get to Belize or south and never be found. 4000 will go quite a ways that way... much easier than staying in the states or flying somewhere. The borders will be on the lookout for them. They would have been notified. NOTHING is checked by customs when you get OFF the ship in Mexico, you get checked coming back ON. People are saying he is very intelligent, possibly this was planned well to 'escape' together. He knew it was coming down on him, he took a CASH LOAN on his vehicle... that to me says he's willing to dump it somewhere.

And I hope they are checking airports and ship ports for said vehicle.

I am not too concerned about how long the money will last other than in the context of his plans.

The above is my opinion only.

I agree. I don't care too much about the money either. All I'm trying to say is that when living conditions get dicey and a teenager is involved, it can get miserable. As the luster wears off and the reality of the situation is staring them in the face, they will have to do one of several things. Hopefully, they choose to come back onto grid at which point there is possibility of finding them.

It blows my mind that no one was questioning his Instagram posts. He had a lot of likes?! Weren't people wondering who and what he was talking about? Mary quit liking his posts 9 weeks ago. I bet that is when they started making a "plan" to escape together. His posts read like that of a lovesick teenager. Not a married educated man who just welcomed another grandchild! As gross as it is, he could have easily waited until her 18 birthday --- unless after the kissing episode, he decided the secret was out?! If my husband (who has zero social media) started posting "love" quotes or talking about soulmates, I would KNOW something was up. To go from zero to 100 ... his wife had to suspect that something was going on.

Hi all I just joined after seeing the AA here in Alabama. After looking at his IG this quote I found very troubling "If my final breaths are spent with you, then I'll have seen my dreams fulfilled". This guy has lost all perspective and is acting like a teenager himself.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

They've probably gone off the grid. $4,500 isn't going to last that long and if you plan on living in a car with a teenager for any length of time that won't last long. At some point, they will have to come in off the grid for supplies or whatever. They are going to need money.

How long is a teenager going to last without internet, a phone and friends?

Absolutely agree with the last part. A teen without a phone and no outlet for the "love drama" she's been posting will get bored fast.

They could have much more than $4,500 - that was just the amount of the loan. He could have been setting aside cash for weeks now.

I am in AL near Decatur and yesterday on my drive home from work, I saw Billboards for Elizabeth. This guy has more than a marble loose.

I don't think they would go to Joe Wheeler. It is a beautiful state park and does have some security. I would think they would either drop off into some off the main grid park or go to one of the homeless (gypsy) places. There is a gypsy place right near where I work.

But, what do I know!!!

I've read through this entire thread and most of the articles but I haven't seen anything about what either of them took with them (clothes, personal items, etc.). Obviously, if my 15 year old was planning on leaving for an extended period of time, I would notice stuff missing from her closet and dresser drawers.

There is a "smithsonlily" on IG that has liked all of his recent posts. That person has no avatar and no posts of their own. That could easily be Mary's account.

Absolutely agree with the last part. A teen without a phone and no outlet for the "love drama" she's been posting will get bored fast.

They could have much more than $4,500 - that was just the amount of the loan. He could have been setting aside cash for weeks now.

Right now it's like the two of them against the world but it's soon going to slap them both in the face. I think she'll be the first one to crack. They probably haven't spent more than an hour or two at the most together. Being together like this is going to be intense!

I wish LE would be a little more specific when saying he had a "troubling pattern of behavior". I think he has those guns to sell if he needs more funds or to project an image as the "protector" of his companion...I wonder if he took any survival gear with him before leaving, tent camping can extend their stay out of sight without spending too much money. I'm guessing Texas state parks possibly because there are so many from beach front to heavy woods..they would blend pretty well and the internet coverage is usually poor..

It blows my mind that no one was questioning his Instagram posts. He had a lot of likes?! Weren't people wondering who and what he was talking about? Mary quit liking his posts 9 weeks ago. I bet that is when they started making a "plan" to escape together. His posts read like that of a lovesick teenager. Not a married educated man who just welcomed another grandchild! As gross as it is, he could have easily waited until her 18 birthday --- unless after the kissing episode, he decided the secret was out?! If my husband (who has zero social media) started posting "love" quotes or talking about soulmates, I would KNOW something was up. To go from zero to 100 ... his wife had to suspect that something was going on.

9 weeks ago is around January 23, which is when they were seen kissing at school by other students and reported.

ETA:
Cummins, 50, was suspended from his job in February after a student saw Cummins and Thomas kissing, sources told The Daily Herald on Tuesday night.
http://www.columbiadailyherald.com/...it-school-freshman-likely-with-former-teacher

"From our perspective, the allegations arose on January 23rd based on information we were given, our client wasn't informed of the allegations until January 31st by law enforcement, one week and a day later," Whatley said.
http://fox17.com/news/local/friend-...nessee-teen-question-school-district-reaction

Mary is the first name given on her birth certificate..

I've read through this entire thread and most of the articles but I haven't seen anything about what either of them took with them (clothes, personal items, etc.). Obviously, if my 15 year old was planning on leaving for an extended period of time, I would notice stuff missing from her closet and dresser drawers.

I was curious if any feminine products were recently purchased/missing/may have been packed. It seems to me that may be a necessity Elizabeth would want to risk going in public for if none were brought along.

Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas. The subject of the Amber Alert, the missing girl

It was originally just Elizabeth Thomas on the thread title, I was confused the first time someone said Mary as well. It seems she goes by Elizabeth or Izzy to those close to her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beeaimee