Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Carlsbad Police Department's FB page:

The Carlsbad Police Department received two calls today from citizens who had possibly seen these two individuals in Carlsbad. We are currently following up on leads and attempting to confirm. If you have any information regarding these individuals please contact the police department immediately. 575-885-2111

And that was written on March 27 per the facebook for the Carlsbad Police Department in New Mexico.

From Carlsbad Police Department's FB page:

The Carlsbad Police Department received two calls today from citizens who had possibly seen these two individuals in Carlsbad. We are currently following up on leads and attempting to confirm. If you have any information regarding these individuals please contact the police department immediately. 575-885-2111

Here is the link to their FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1262158027153641&id=471186966250755

I get why we want to say he's not calculated or well planned and is just a lucky, bumbling fool or a classic blowhard. Believe me I do. I am no fan myself.

But the fact is he has outsmarted LE and a country of searchers for more than 2 weeks now. I don't picture him having charts and maps pinned to a wall, or anything. But I think he had a general plan for getting out of dodge before the search began...and for settling in somewhere remote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really has nothing to do with "smarts"...Ottis Toole, who had an IQ of 75, presumably started killing in 1974. He wasn't caught on several of them until he confessed (while under arrest for a different crime) in 1983.

It's not about being smart, sly, or brilliant...Its just about getting that one tip/sighting that hopefully brings him in. It's a big country and LE can't have eyes everywhere. That's why they ask for and need the public's help.

It really has nothing to do with "smarts"...Ottis Toole, who had an IQ of 75, presumably started killing in 1974. He wasn't caught on several of them until he confessed (while under arrest for a different crime) in 1983.

It's not about being smart, sly, or brilliant...Its just about getting that one tip/sighting that hopefully brings him in. It's a big country and LE can't have eyes everywhere. That's why they ask for and need the public's help.

Oh it's totally true someone can commit crimes and be of lower than average intelligence. I just don't think we know if that is the case here.

To me, he seems to have carved out some sort of plan to distance them and lay low that is working so far. I just don't want to underestimate his capabilities bc it would narrow the possibilities and right now, I want to consider all the options...including ones that need a lot of preparation or skill.

Oh it's totally true someone can commit crimes and be of lower than average intelligence. I just don't think we know if that is the case here.

To me, he seems to have carved out some sort of plan to distance them and lay low that is working so far. I just don't want to underestimate his capabilities bc it would narrow the possibilities and right now, I want to consider all the options...including ones that need a lot of preparation or skill.

That I can agree with...the planning. Trust me, I live in Canada (near the border) and I'm constantly looking for them. They could be almost anywhere by now.

I've driven LA to CA in 3 days. So they aren't in any rush wherever they are going or they don't have a plan and they are just wondering around?

I've seen the NM images and don't think it looks like them at all. Any thoughts?

Last night, it occurred to me that I've been thinking 'no, he wouldn't do that because...' way too often in regard to this case. I also want to avoid ruling anything out, although I find some possibilities more likely than others. This guy is not of the same mindset as us. Anyone reckless and foolish enough to kidnap a vulnerable 15-year-old is reckless and foolish enough to cross over into Mexico, for example.

I just didn't see them crossing the border. Border guards (both Mexico and Canada) are on alert. It would be too big of a risk for them. But, Carlsbad NM is pretty far south and the Mexico border might be tempting. I wonder if LE could see if any of the planning research involved how to cross the Mexican border undetected.

That I can agree with...the planning. Trust me, I live in Canada (near the border) and I'm constantly looking for them. They could be almost anywhere by now.

I hear you. I spent the day at the beach and I can't tell you how many father/daughter pairings I gave a double take.;)

Think it's time for me to take a break until there is a another sighting. All this back and forth about Mexico, marriage, bathing suits etc is just circular for me. I have read ever post and do have one question.. "if" they did go back for the bag at shoneys do you think that was before Decatur or after? Did they leave Columbia for OKC or AL? Not sure it matters just wondering what others think.
IMO I still believe they are not far possibly double back from okc. I do not believe he was very prepared or would not have been to walmart 2 days out (personally I can live without just about anything to not go to a Walmart ever lol) I don't believe they are in Mexico or would have headed straight for border before alerts were even out. I don't think we will get answers to several questions that would help us ..such as why did wife report him missing so quickly? What were they driving at Walmart (I think they are still in same car fwiw) what did they purchase? As far as marriage to me doesn't matter if done illegally illegal things/papers can be gotten anywhere w right connections. I don't think he has those connections. As for they girl saying they headed west had help etc I take that w a grain of salt as well.
Interested in when you think bag was retrieved and when or if it even was.

I pretty much agree with everything you said. The bag would have been recovered pretty quickly. It couldn't have sat there for very long. So they probably went back for it pretty quickly, or didn't go back for it at all.

I do think they were well prepared, but no way could have pre-bought every single thing they need. Shopping trips to Walmart are probably part of their plan. They have probably stopped at a few other Walmarts too since they disappeared, but weren't even noticed.

As for getting papers with the right connections, I doubt TC has the right connections, or the money. That type of help is not cheap.

I've seen the NM images and don't think it looks like them at all. Any thoughts?

It looks like their shoes and posture but the guy looks thinner by far. I saw some photos TCs sister posted and Tads fringe is actually a comb over. He can switch to a bald look easily. If his vanity would allow it. She could wear a wig. Her heart shaped face and slight lisp give her away. Her sister thought she was 5, 2", now they are saying 5'. Anyway, she's short, he's average height, much older, quite young...people are going to find near matches.

The thing is the person who reported it was quite sure it was them, but who knows. The guy looks quite different to me in that still.

I think they are staying where it's warm to give them more sleeping options. I don't think they'd leave the states with guns....beyond that who knows.

Any father daughter pairs that resemble those two better watch out. So many eyes searching. I do hope she's found soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

9 ---- By the way, Mr. Tad Cummins’ divorce proceeding that is initiated by his wife helps HIM a lot! His wife’s move makes it easier for him to marry another woman, such ET when she turns 17. Given TN laws, if she makes the right statements a couple of years from now from a place such as Texas and Utah whereas 17 is a correct age to get married, Mr. Tad Cummins is off the hook. No sympathy for him. Just brainstorming.

Armed kidnapping of a minor across state lines, no marriage gets him off the hook for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sanmails