Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not all gas stations have the option, but the shell by my house does [emoji4] however, the shell about 10 minutes from my house does not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had no idea. I've never seen it at my usual stops, so maybe it's just not in my area yet. Admittedly I very rarely carry cash anyway.

Has anyone read anything regarding the circumstances of the OKC sighting? The timing is weird on that, unless it's a case where it was called in when it happened and it simply took LE that long to investigate a sighting in a place that seemed unlikely.

If it really wasn't called in until a couple days ago, I wonder if it was anon? I could really picture TC intentionally going somewhere where he knew they'd be seen/taped, then maybe calling in the tip himself when nobody noticed. If that's the case, I'm betting that they've got no video of whatever they were driving, and that TC and ET no longer look anything like they did in the store.

What reason would TC have for doing that?

I'm guessing that LE contacted Walmart and asked them to review their video, and see if they had been there. It probably took some time to review all the video, and spot them. They probably searched video at many Walmart stores, and this is the one that came back positive.

He passed away in January. There was a thread somewhere here on WS about it. Here is a link to his obituary. I always enjoyed reading his thoughts.

http://obits.al.com/obituaries/birmingham/obituary.aspx?pid=183293501

OMG how awful! 66 yrs old. Cancer?

I guess I should add my opinion about ET even though I'm only on page 22 of this thread #10. They may be getting sick of each other being together 24/7 in close quarters but this is also allowing him time to do more brainwashing. That's the only reason I can think of why she hasn't escaped yet. He's the hero saving her from a life of deplorable conditions and blah blah blah. Or perhaps poor him, he will not have a life if it wasn't for her. He has nothing now because he gave it all up for her, etc.

New Jersey you can't pump your own gas, even if you use cash they come to your car. It's aggravating but sometimes I forget to get gas when I visit the in laws and we have to stop. Any other states like this?
I absolutely don't think they are in NJ, but could explain the lack of sightings of they are in a state like this, unless NJ is the only one
Oregon. You can't pump your own gas. Some places you can pay cash outside, but some you have to go in.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

All he needed to do is buy a gas station gift card with cash, and he could pump gas without going in or worrying about any of this. I do it all the time to avoid using my card at the pumps.

All he needed to do is buy a gas station gift card with cash, and he could pump gas without going in or worrying about any of this. I do it all the time to avoid using my card at the pumps.
You can also get a prepaid card with enough on it, verify it online under any name and get it mailed to you with that name on it. Then you can pay at the pump anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

You can also get a prepaid card with enough on it, verify it online under any name and get it mailed to you with that name on it. Then you can pay at the pump anywhere.

That seems too complicated, but would could work. The gift card just seems easier. Grocery stores, Walmarts, etc., all sell them. It'd be easy to run in for it and go without the cashier paying attention at all.

That seems too complicated, but would could work. The gift card just seems easier. Grocery stores, Walmarts, etc., all sell them. It'd be easy to run in for it and go without the cashier paying attention at all.
It takes 30 seconds and he could have done it weeks before he left.

What reason would TC have for doing that?

I'm guessing that LE contacted Walmart and asked them to review their video, and see if they had been there. It probably took some time to review all the video, and spot them. They probably searched video at many Walmart stores, and this is the one that came back positive.

Why would TC call in a tip? Well, my personal opinion is that he wanted the phone to ping in Decatur - given all the crime shows and such, someone would have to be a total idiot to NOT know that cell phones can be traced. The logical thing to do would be to ditch the phones immediately after he took ET. Since he didn't, that suggests to me that he was throwing up a false trail that they were headed south.

Then (according to my theory), he purposely shows himself (and her) somewhere to the west - with only minor changes to their appearance. When nobody notices, he himself calls in the tip. Meanwhile, they head in an entirely different direction (either doubling back or heading north) - while more radically changing their appearance.

If I'm right, then it's likely that everything on his computer was a plant - the beach photos, the mattress size questions, the camping info, etc. He may also have considerably more money than the $4500 - and only took out that loan to make it look as if his budget was limited.

I know that if I was going on the lam and had some time to plan ahead, I'd leave as many false leads behind as I could - and the very first thing I'd do is get rid of my cell phone.

Or perhaps poor him, he will not have a life if it wasn't for her. He has nothing now because he gave it all up for her, etc.

This could definitely be it. As a teen, I took off with a much older man just like this and quoted is exactly how he got me to stay when I thought I'd try to go back home. He'd be lost without me, he loved me, he'd given up everything, etc. Based on some of the back & forth I've read between these two, this fits right in. (It took me 3 months before I hit that point. Even with sleeping in car and rarely eating or showering, I was "in love" with the guy and thought I wanted to be there.)

This could definitely be it. As a teen, I took off with a much older man just like this and quoted is exactly how he got me to stay when I thought I'd try to go back home. He'd be lost without me, he loved me, he'd given up everything, etc. Based on some of the back & forth I've read between these two, this fits right in. (It took me 3 months before I hit that point. Even with sleeping in car and rarely eating or showering, I was "in love" with the guy and thought I wanted to be there.)

I'm glad you were able to get out of the situation!

TC is such a narcissist, I think he will try to guilt ET into believing that the entire situation is her fault, and she has to stay with him because he ruined his life for her. I really hope she manages to get away from him soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NNT1