Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, does this mean that aside from Elizabeth there are THREE individuals who were groomed as teenagers by TC? Assuming one is Destany Parrish, and one will remain anonymous, is the remaining person still a minor? Or is she now an adult who intends to speak to the press?

Kat, hope you are doing relatively ok at the moment. Elizabeth, yourself, and your family are in my thoughts daily.

The other adult came forward but for some reason press didn't go wild fire about it.

Yes 3 others besides her.

We have had 2 grandmothers die and a grandfather hospitalized and a few of us are having some health complications. Along with we are all working full time. We are struggling

The other adult came forward but for some reason press didn't go wild fire about it.

We have had 2 grandmothers die and a grandfather hospitalized and a few of us are having some health complications. Along with we are all working full time. We are struggling

I can't imagine the pain your family is in. Thank you for sharing what you can.

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved grandmothers. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Here's another teacher allowed to continue working despite claims of sexual abuse. No one believed the abused, it went on for years!

I imagine TC's history is similar.
He has had other victims.
IMO
https://apnews.com/072682e523cc425a...ow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=APEastRegion

MOO

Those who were abused, WERE believed actually. That makes it all the more horrific imo, the cover up, by the schools so they don't besmirch their name or face litigation!

The teacher was fired, but: ( snipped by me, from the article you linked):

"Jaime Rivera is among 12 former faculty and staff members named in the Choate report released Thursday accusing them of sexual misconduct while at the Wallingford school,"

"The report, prepared by a former prosecutor and other investigators hired by Choate, includes allegations from 24 former students of misconduct between 1963 and 2010 including kissing, sexual intercourse and forced sexual intercourse."

"Rivera was fired by Choate shortly after the alleged acts. But he went on to teach or be an administrator at schools including Henry Abbott Technical High School in Danbury; Harrison High School in Harrison, New York; and Newtown High School and Wamogo Regional High School in Litchfield, Connecticut."

"In a practice called "passing the trash," teachers suspected of misconduct were forced out of their jobs but were able to get new jobs at a different school, sometimes with a glowing recommendation."

This is a widely used practice, in many professions. I saw this in play first hand with my ex, who had problems "working with others". He was a cracker-jack DBA. He would be asked to resign", from say...Northeastern University...leave with glowing references, and within a week or two, he had a bigger, better job. Usually he listed something like, " looking for a new opportunity to progress in my career, enhance my skill set, and acquire more responsibility" or some such BS. on his resume.

I'm keeping you and your family in my thoughts. I can't imagine the terrible stress and anxiety that this has caused your family. I hope for all of your sakes that this ends soon with Elizabeth home where she belongs and Tad Cummins behind bars for a long, long time. (((HUGS)))

Keep in mind this happened a week after the kiss incident, like in January or early February. The dad just found out about the incident between a teacher and his daughter.

If this was my daughter, I would have (safely but firmly) retrieved the phone and got to the root of what happened between this teacher and my daughter.

Had the dad did this in January or February...the departure in March would have never happened...IMHO.
MOO
Am sure the dad is already beating himself up enough. ET and TC may have had a contingency plan. He may have already purchased a burner phone for her in case her phone was taken away. Can't really say it wouldn't have happened.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for your loss, Kat. This is all so overwhelming and unfair to you. Prayers to you and your family in this difficult, trying time.

Not blaming ET's dad, but as a father of a teenage daughter my self, I can say with absolute certainty that the phone would have been removed from my daughters possession (and most likely reviewed with the police and my lawyer ASAP), her ability to see the teacher in the school would have been terminated (even if that means I took her out of school), and her ability to go anywhere without me knowing it would have been 0, and that includes work (she does not NEED to work).

Her dad did NOT do these things. For her dad to not get the phone to the police was just...naive and sad.

BBM

Yes. You are. Please stop. We know nothing about his relationship with his child. Nothing. Maybe he was doing all he knew to do. He is not you.

Those who were abused, WERE believed actually. That makes it all the more horrific imo, the cover up, by the schools so they don't besmirch their name or face litigation!

The teacher was fired, but: ( snipped by me, from the article you linked):

"Jaime Rivera is among 12 former faculty and staff members named in the Choate report released Thursday accusing them of sexual misconduct while at the Wallingford school,"

"The report, prepared by a former prosecutor and other investigators hired by Choate, includes allegations from 24 former students of misconduct between 1963 and 2010 including kissing, sexual intercourse and forced sexual intercourse."

"Rivera was fired by Choate shortly after the alleged acts. But he went on to teach or be an administrator at schools including Henry Abbott Technical High School in Danbury; Harrison High School in Harrison, New York; and Newtown High School and Wamogo Regional High School in Litchfield, Connecticut."

"In a practice called "passing the trash," teachers suspected of misconduct were forced out of their jobs but were able to get new jobs at a different school, sometimes with a glowing recommendation."

This is a widely used practice, in many professions. I saw this in play first hand with my ex, who had problems "working with others". He was a cracker-jack DBA. He would be asked to resign", from say...Northeastern University...leave with glowing references, and within a week or two, he had a bigger, better job. Usually he listed something like, " looking for a new opportunity to progress in my career, enhance my skill set, and acquire more responsibility" or some such BS. on his resume.

"Passing the trash" was a known tactic that occurred during the Catholic Church abuse scandal. It is one the primary reasons why the abuse was perpetuated for so many years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parish_transfers_of_abusive_priests

Hmm, interesting. I always get 3 months of my meds (including BP meds) from my doc/pharmacy. (I'm in Ontario)

I think he meant no controlled substances like pain pills or Ativan but I can find out more when he gets home from poker hahah. I know I can get my anti depressants early or a few months ahead but no others. bUT I do recall him asking me to speak to my dr about changing something on my prescriptions as now we have to co-pay with his new insurance company. Will find out. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the note given to JC from TC didn't mention ET...and she reported him missing early afternoon...

JC says she had no idea about TC & ET and believed and trusted TC, he was her best friend.

The only thing that would make me report my spouse missing then would be a suicide note.

sure, but this was a consensual kiss between TC and ET, unlike the bus driver...

We really don't know that. She is 15 and he is 50 and he had a history of threating her and stalking her. She reportedly hid from him and tried to avoid him. He is a blow-hard bully and was in a position of authority and had the power to make her life miserable at school.

I highly question that much about this was 'consensual.'

I have a hard time believing JC when she says she wasn't aware of their relationship. I mean, hasn't she already admitted that she knew about the kissing allegation (even if she says she didn't believe it)?

Our intuition is innately human. It's also the most efficient and survivalistic tool we have at our disposal to help us recognize potential threats to our livelihood. Intuition is almost always right because it only cares about one thing---protecting us, both physically and mentally. We almost always know the truth by the way it feels inside of our soul, but oftentimes, we ignore it. It's a lot easier to live our lives in blind ignorance than it is to force ourselves to face our ugly truths. Think about how often you've said "I knew this was going to happen!" after something goes wrong. The popular colloquialism says "hindsight is 20/20" but what it should say is "an ignored intuition will eventually slap you in the face with the truth".

So, despite what JC may claim... I think she probably had a very good idea about the type of relationship her husband had with ET, even if she tried to convince herself otherwise.

ETA: so, it really bothers me to hear her say such things... because even if she ignored her gut feelings initially (like when the red flags tried to warn her that something smelled fishy), I feel certain the picture became crystal clear to her in the same second she realized that her husband was gone and wasn't coming back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do think she is a victim, but I also feel quite certain that she's witnessed Tad NUMEROUS times for YEARS, in "friendships" with young ladies, with loose boundaries at best. She has likely been in denial for a very long time.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

If the note given to JC from TC didn't mention ET...and she reported him missing early afternoon...

JC says she had no idea about TC & ET and believed and trusted TC, he was her best friend.

The only thing that would make me report my spouse missing then would be a suicide note.

What if he took your car and didn't come back?

ET's father had his hands full, and I am guessing was bombarded from all sides being a single dad trying to clean up a mess.
Thank you for saying this. It sounds like this family has been through hell and back for quite a while before Tad came along. I'm withholding judgement. This man probably sees a lot of things he could have done differently in hindsight. But don't we all? I think we only have the tip of the iceberg regarding both of these families. My heart goes out to Mr. Thomas.

I'm so very, very sorry to hear of your issues. Sending thoughts of strength and prayers.

Thank you for saying this. It sounds like this family has been through hell and back for quite a while before Tad came along. I'm withholding judgement. This man probably sees a lot of things he could have done differently in hindsight. But don't we all? I think we only have the tip of the iceberg regarding both of these families. My heart goes out to Mr. Thomas.

:goodpost:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members