Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS is what I wanted to know! ET's sister said that she didn't regularly camp and had only been out of the state once.

I'll bet you lunch that they are not sleeping in the car or camping out in a tent in some remote area. He has a long term rental that he booked online.

Thing is, I can see both scenarios taking place and it's driving me crazy as to which is more plausible. On the one hand, camping equipment could have purchased in cash in the first few hours (prior to LE being contacted) or picked up at a storage unit, P.O. Box, or other secret address that TC could have used to stockpile wares. Even though convenient and less hassle, he wouldn't have taken the Cummins's camping gear because it would be a tip off. Remember, even his goodbye note was intended as a diversion. That's how determined TC was to mislead authorities. I also still buy the "off-the-grid" theory because I firmly believe that TC was willing to make sacrifices in order to get away with this (which so far, he has).

The long-term rental theory also works for me because yeah, if he could secure one under a false name and with no credit card trail in addition to little to no face-to-face contact with other people, then why wouldn't he choose to have hot water, a real toilet, a refrigerator, etc. while in hiding?

I saw a video of TC's wife and daughters imploring him to come back. I was saddened to hear no mention of his poor child victim that he's groomed and manipulated and taken advantage of for months. If he just wanted to leave because he was ashamed, why take the kid?

They will grant a divorce without both parties agreeing/ signing the papers??? That must be unique to that state. I thought it was nearly impossible to get a divorce with just one party being knowledgeable or agreeing. That is why they have to "serve" divorce papers- to be sure the other person was notified.

Also, with the prescriptions, I do know that the state the doctor is licensed in is the only state you can fill your meds, unless you go to a nationwide pharmacy (for example Rite Aid or WalMart) and even then, I think it had to be transferred from my Louisiana based pharmacy. I used to travel a lot and I couldn't get my prescription filled when I was in another state. And once he got it filled, then his subsequent refills would still be attached to that original prescription and prescription number. I think they could find that and already have a tag on that prescription, to watch for activity.

My brother in law (who is a doctor) told me long ago that they get their written prescriptions back (like your old checks would come back in the mail). He said it was one way to be sure none of your blank pages were stolen and forged. I am not sure if it still works that way.

I think all of that is probably somewhat irrelevant, though. I have a feeling this dude is not worried about his high blood pressure medicine. He will probably go a long time before he feels like he reeeeeally needs it and was spacing out his meds to make them last much longer.

All my opinion.

Default judgments of divorce with no participation by the other side are common in every state that I'm aware of. True, they have to serve the other side for the court to establish jurisdiction but service via publication is allowed in certain cases.

I feel torn about the phone issue. As a parent, I tell myself I'd do whatever I needed to get that phone. At the same time...i know my own father would NEVER have put his hand in my shirt to get the phone. I'm thinking she did that, because she knew her dad wouldn't.

Keep in mind this happened a week after the kiss incident, like in January or early February. The dad just found out about the incident between a teacher and his daughter.

If this was my daughter, I would have (safely but firmly) retrieved the phone and got to the root of what happened between this teacher and my daughter.

Had the dad did this in January or February...the departure in March would have never happened...IMHO.

My fiancé is in the pharmaceutical industry which. It's super hard in Canada to get more then one month of meds. However I have had him be able to get my meds ( no pain meds or benzos ever early) earlier for vacations and such.
Also in Canada usually it's very difficult to pharmacy hop. Not sure about USA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmm, interesting. I always get 3 months of my meds (including BP meds) from my doc/pharmacy. (I'm in Ontario)

Hmm, interesting. I always get 3 months of my meds (including BP meds) from my doc/pharmacy. (I'm in Ontario)

I wish I could do this for my husband. I'm a (mild) prepper type person and I would love to even have just ONE month of extra meds.

BBM

Definite man-child syndrome going on here. I strongly suspect that while TC had the upper hand in terms of making household decisions (for example, I doubt JC would have run them to the ground financially not just once but twice) and dictating the overall dynamic of the relationship (as manipulators tend to do) my guess is that JC was both a mommy AND a wife to TC which he probably resented despite the fact that his immaturity gave her no choice but to take on both roles.

I have to be honest here and say that I disagree that the Cummins family "did well" or that Jill is a strong woman. TC is purposely not with a strong woman because his personality type requires a partner who exhibits subservient tendencies in order to feel in control and secure about themselves. Oh, and there's someone's name they didn't mention that REALLY NEEDED TO BE MENTIONED. It's like they're so in denial about the kidnapping aspect that they've talked themselves into a scenario where Tad ran off with a 22 year old stripper. I can only conclude from this interview that the family is deeply traumatized and will need time and therapy to get to the other side and in the meantime, should not be agreeing to press appearances.

BBM. Yeah, that bothered me. I feel for this family quite a bit. But it's not all about them. In fact, it's mostly about the 15 year old child victim who is not being mentioned at all. Does she factor for them at all? Do they blame her? Or realize the danger and pain she is in and the pain her family is in?

So many victims, true. But I get my hackles up in defense of this vulnerable child. She needs to not be lost in the narrative. The unwillingness of many to see her as the true victim in this may delay her getting home. It may make possible witnesses less aware of the case, less interested in it and less understanding of the urgency in recovering her and it may also make ET less willing to try to break free, knowing how she is thought of.

I wonder why the reporter didn't ask about their feelings about ET. Maybe they did and it wasn't aired?

Keep in mind this happened a week after the kiss incident, like in January or early February. The dad just found out about the incident between a teacher and his daughter.

If this was my daughter, I would have (safely but firmly) retrieved the phone and got to the root of what happened between this teacher and my daughter.

Had the dad did this in January or February...the departure in March would have never happened...IMHO.

Blaming ET's dad for TC's actions?

Thing is, I can see both scenarios taking place and it's driving me crazy as to which is more plausible. On the one hand, camping equipment could have purchased in cash in the first few hours (prior to LE being contacted) or picked up at a storage unit, P.O. Box, or other secret address that TC could have used to stockpile wares. Even though convenient and less hassle, he wouldn't have taken the Cummins's camping gear because it would be a tip off. Remember, even his goodbye note was intended as a diversion. That's how determined TC was to mislead authorities. I also still buy the "off-the-grid" theory because I firmly believe that TC was willing to make sacrifices in order to get away with this (which so far, he has).

The long-term rental theory also works for me because yeah, if he could secure one under a false name and with no credit card trail in addition to little to no face-to-face contact with other people, then why wouldn't he choose to have hot water, a real toilet, a refrigerator, etc. while in hiding?

It was driving me crazy, too! I was :fence: But no longer.

Remember @ about thread #5 someone asked ET's sister if she was a regular camper? And Kat said something to the effect of, 'no, she needs showers and never goes anywhere without a huge makeup bag'?

Well, now we know that TC is not a regular camper, either, and didn't LEAVE the house with the camping equipment that they had. (Which is not to say that he couldn't have picked some up even before the trip.)

To me this a very big clue and it explains why they haven't been spotted.

I am also not ruling out the possibility that someone is hiding them.

The TBI and FBI have known this all along, and figured this out weeks ago, I am sure. So, now the question is, where in this great big country would you find the most affordable long-term rentals?

It was driving me crazy, too! I was :fence: But no longer.

Remember @ about thread #5 someone asked ET's sister if she was a regular camper? And Kat said something to the effect of, 'no, she needs showers and never goes anywhere without a huge makeup bag'?

Well, now we know that TC is not a regular camper, either, and didn't LEAVE the house with the camping equipment that they had. (Which is not to say that he couldn't have picked some up even before the trip.)

To me this a very big clue and it explains why they haven't been spotted.

I am also not ruling out the possibility that someone is hiding them.

The TBI and FBI have known this all along, and figured this out weeks ago, I am sure. So, now the question is, where in this great big country would you find the most affordable long-term rentals?
The Hediburg Nissan dealership is next to the Walmart in Oklahoma.
& This is VERY NEAR!!!!
*** camper rental***

IMO he isn't in the Nissan.
http://www.americandreamvacations.net
9058dca004241e1401dc121b0b4d84fc.jpg

The Hediburg Nissan dealership is next to the Walmart in Oklahoma.
& This is VERY NEAR!!!!

IMO he isn't in the Nissan.
http://www.americandreamvacations.net
9058dca004241e1401dc121b0b4d84fc.jpg

I am now :fence: about the Nissan. I think he has parked it out of sight and is not driving it. I think they are in a city or town and live close to a grocery store and possibly restaurants. I no longer think that they are on a grand road trip. I vote for "holed up and waiting for the heat to die down."

My next question is do the campers have GPS?
IF he rented one under and assumed name.
Also to note, the DMV os within a mile of the Walmart.
One stop shopping??
New ID, turn in vehicle, rent camper, bye!
MOO

MOO

If it was discussed before forgive my ignorance, but does T.C. have a military background at all?

Again, we cannot have proof because proof right now is impossible.

I guess I live in a different world that you. In the world I live in, a situation like this does not arise without there being a sexual element to it. If a man walks in to a brothel and comes out 2 hours later, we definitely don't have proof that he has sex in there, but the likelihood that he did not is incredibly low as to be improbable. Similarly, a man is not going to risk losing his family, his career, and his freedom for many years if he is not at least getting some kind of sexual gratification out of the deal. That just doesn't make any sense.

I agree that there's no way he would have done all of this without sexual expectations. If he was trying to help and save Elizabeth, he could have opened up his house and family to her, making sure she stayed in school and help build her self esteem as a good father figure should do.

I could be completely wrong on this, but, I think in his mind he needed an escape. Not just a geographical escape but, also, from regrets. At his age, he may feel trapped in a life without purpose and a waning time of opportunity. At some point in life, several us wonder "what might have been". This is especially true when you compare your everyday life with what is posted on social media. The reality is that life is not meant for a few great moments, it is about everyday moments. I think Tad got caught up in comparing his real life to the fantasy life he envisioned.

He saw an opportunity to not only escape but to do so as a hero for another person. In his mind, he is rescuing the pretty damsel in distress. He can reason why he is the hero for giving up his life in order to rescue her. He can justify his actions to himself by believing he is the strong and courageous hero he was always meant to be. Her following him and trusting him and giving herself to him only reaffirms the rightness of his actions.

I know this all sounds like a fairy tale and that is exactly the escape both Tad and Elizabeth and trying to capture. In reality it is basic emotional needs of men and women. Emotions are what drive so many of our decisions, especially irrational ones. Our mind then tries to create a world that justifies the decision. In this case, that world is a fantasy of the hero and the girl living in a tropical paradise forever.

This scenario is the primary basis for my theory that they are on the run, rather than hiding out, to that tropical paradise. For Tad, that very well could be a place and lifestyle he was exposed to on a mission trip in Central America. That place has the tropical weather, access to beaches, simple lifestyle, low cost of living, and far away from the past realities of life. At the same time, it is a place with less risk of being sought. It has the long term possibilities they see in their fantasy future.

From a drive time perspective, they could be there now.

How do they get caught? They may be found by an inquisitive vacationer or mission team member. They may seek medical help and recognized. Elizabeth may realize that this is just another case of entrapment for her and seek help. Tad may have a spiritual moment and turn himself in. These are all the positives and I hope it is the way this ends.

The above is my opinion only.

This is a story (i knew the woman) who had her child abducted by the father in 1998 and they went to some island off Hoonduras. Seen by a tourist, who saw the man and little girl while on vacation in 2000...but didn't make the connection until they got home and saw the girls picture on a milk box...so yes...a tourist can save the day!

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/missing-man-and-daughter-found-on-tropical-island-1.296186

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member