Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a typical length for a mission trip to a Central American country. Most likely he went with a church group.

The above is my opinion only.

My friend used to go with a church group to an orphanage in Juarez, Mexico once a year. They would do things like painting and repair and spend time with the orphans. I'll bet this is the kind of mission trip he took.

That is a typical length for a mission trip to a Central American country. Most likely he went with a church group.

Understood. I figured it was longer somehow.
My daughter went to haiti and mongolia over a decade ago. Forgot how long it was for, but she wouldnt have any connections there with such a short trip. But if he spoke the language...?

My friend used to go with a church group to an orphanage in Juarez, Mexico once a year. They would do things like painting and repair and spend time with the orphans. I'll bet this is the kind of mission trip he took.

It very well could be. That is very common. However, some are more evangelistic and some are even sports themed.

WHAT?! 8 days?

Yes. I was a bit taken aback as well. I had visions of a 3 month sabbatical or something like those ones Mormons are required to take. But yes, 8 days. His resume was remarkable. The most interesting thing was his inability to stay at one job for too long, sometimes only a few months at a time, and yet be able to complete so much work and increase profits and efficiency.

My daughter went to haiti and mongolia over a decade ago. Forgot how long it was for but she wouldnt have any connections there with such a short trip. But if he spoke the language...?

Depending on which country he went to, he might not have needed an interpreter. So many countries now teach English in the schools.

As far as connections, I don't think he needs any to make a new life in another country, specifically in Central America.

My daughter went to haiti and mongolia over a decade ago. Forgot how long it was for, but she wouldnt have any connections there with such a short trip. But if he spoke the language...?

I think it's unlikely he made any connections over there.

Some posts have been removed. TC is the perp/suspect in this case. Discuss what other players have said or what has been printed about them in the MSM. Other than that, leave them out of the discussion.

I looked online there are hundreds of missions out of the country to sign up for a week to years. They provide food, housing, transportation and shelter. From the beginning and up until now I believe this is what the plan was.

Depending on which country he went to, he might not have needed an interpreter. So many countries now teach English in the schools.

As far as connections, I don't think he needs any to make a new life in another country, specifically in Central America.

I read he spoke Spanish

His resume said he was a missionary, but it was only 8 days.

That doesn't seem very long! I wonder if the 'roughing it' was too hard for armchair survivalist Tad Cummins?

One thing that the GMA interview clarified with JC is that Tad liked to watch survival shows, but they didn't camp and he didn't take the limited camping equipment they had. This is probably good news because if he is hiding in a rental somewhere the money will run out faster and he may be spotted or IDd.

Tad Cummins, survivalist aka Gramps parked in the Lazy Boy downing sodas and Slim-Jims and watching real suvivalists. :eat:

That doesn't seem very long! I wonder if the 'roughing it' was too hard for armchair survivalist Tad Cummins?

One thing that the GMA interview clarified with JC is that Tad liked to watch survival shows, but they didn't camp and he didn't take the limited camping equipment they had. This is probably good news because if he is hiding in a rental somewhere the money will run out faster and he may be spotted or IDd.

Tad Cummins, survivalist aka Gramps parked in the Lazy Boy downing sodas and Slim-Jims and watching real suvivalists. :eat:

THIS is what I wanted to know! ET's sister said that she didn't regularly camp and had only been out of the state once.

I'll bet you lunch that they are not sleeping in the car or camping out in a tent in some remote area. He has a long term rental that he booked online.

THIS is what I wanted to know! ET's sister said that she didn't regularly camp and had only been out of the state once.

I'll bet you lunch that they are not sleeping in the car or camping out in a tent some remote area. He has a long term rental that he booked online.

I agree. And I think all the online searches and the travelling to AL and OK are diversions. He left a letter to his wife to lead her on a wild goose chase, I think the same of all the instagram stuff. He was planning on leaving, think he'd be so stupid as to leave an online breadcrumb trail? I think he posted most of that crap on ET's instagram too. I think he had her passwords and left what he wanted people to see. He's not stupid, not smart, but not stupid either.

ETA Removed uneccessary extra.

JMO

I may have a simplified view of this but I really think of what he did as two main things.
1-he is a perv for acting on his desires with an underage child
2-he basically had an exaggerated fantasy mid life crisis where he chose to run away from all his troubles with a young girl to start a new fantasy life somewhere which in his mind is going to be all roses and warm sandy beaches and his new wife to be will be praising him every step of the way.

The reality of what he has done has had to have shown itself to ET by now and I suspect she now realizes what he did was not the norm and she may be afraid of his reactions if she tries to reason with him to give up. I really fear that she will not be able to hide her emotions from him and I fear that he may turn to physically restraining her to keep her because if he loses her than his fantasy falls apart and he doesnt want to face the reality.

So long as she is still with him then his fantasy is coming true to an extent. If she escapes him then he will be forced to confront the reality of what he has done to his past family.

He really comes across to me as someone who could keep a girl locked up in a bunker somewhere for years. I hope I am totally wrong about that.

No matter what I hope she finds a way to safely leave him and notify authorities so that she can begin a normal life without having to be on the run.

I really hope she is not pregnant. That makes me really worried for her. It gives him even more authority over her and puts her in an even more vulnerable position. And then medical care? I hope he doesn't think he could just deliver a baby. Oy. She needs to be found asap. I wish this girl could see how she has so much life to live, and this creep has nothing to offer her. No mess is too big to get out of Elizabeth. You have a country of strangers supporting you and sending you light and love. You can move on and have a wonderful life with people that TRULY love and respect you.

His wife has already filed for divorce. It should be final by the time they get to that point.

They will grant a divorce without both parties agreeing/ signing the papers??? That must be unique to that state. I thought it was nearly impossible to get a divorce with just one party being knowledgeable or agreeing. That is why they have to "serve" divorce papers- to be sure the other person was notified.

Also, with the prescriptions, I do know that the state the doctor is licensed in is the only state you can fill your meds, unless you go to a nationwide pharmacy (for example Rite Aid or WalMart) and even then, I think it had to be transferred from my Louisiana based pharmacy. I used to travel a lot and I couldn't get my prescription filled when I was in another state. And once he got it filled, then his subsequent refills would still be attached to that original prescription and prescription number. I think they could find that and already have a tag on that prescription, to watch for activity.

My brother in law (who is a doctor) told me long ago that they get their written prescriptions back (like your old checks would come back in the mail). He said it was one way to be sure none of your blank pages were stolen and forged. I am not sure if it still works that way.

I think all of that is probably somewhat irrelevant, though. I have a feeling this dude is not worried about his high blood pressure medicine. He will probably go a long time before he feels like he reeeeeally needs it and was spacing out his meds to make them last much longer.

All my opinion.

Wait. Again, there is something wrong with this story...

As soon as they learned of the alleged classroom kiss between Thomas and her teacher, 50-year-old Tad Cummins, investigators asked for Thomas’ phone.

So is this the first time the dad was notified of the incident? This was a week or so after it happened, right? He was all upset because they didn't tell him right away.

Jason Whatley, Anthony Thomas’ attorney, said Anthony Thomas signed a waiver giving investigators access to the traffic but could not physically take the phone because Elizabeth Thomas kept putting it down her shirt.

WTF? You are telling me the father could not get the phone from his daughter?

Whatley also said detectives had the opportunity to take the phone themselves because they interviewed Elizabeth Thomas for over an hour.
“Absolutely no one kept that phone from law enforcement,” Whatley said.
“It seems to me like he should have been able to get it,” Cooper said.

So...now we are told the detectives interviewed her...but did not get the phone either...

and....what? Are we suppose to believe they couldn't get the phone in the weeks after the incident? They had weeks right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove