Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shame is TC's family's explanation for why he ran away. I can reason that.

It doesn't explain why he kidnapped or even just took ET with him unless, IMO, he felt he was helping her escape something as well.

Was her motive also shame? Or was it fear? Or was it something else? Or was she fully taken against her will?
I think it was total manipulation of guilt. He's saying things like 'see, because of you I have lost my entire family. Now I have to run away and the only thing that's going to make this semi okay is if you're with me. Ill have to take my life if you ever leave me. This is you're fault anyway. Nobody wants you because you're labeled as a *advertiser censored* now. Etc etc etc'.
MOO

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

Correct me if I'm wrong: we don't know about any planning activities TC did before he was suspended, correct? The internet searches, the title loan, etc were all in the time between his suspension and the disappearance?

JMO but I don't think it's so far-fetched to imagine that he took off with only a short- to medium-term plan (ie hide out). He was already in trouble and facing consequences. He had nothing to lose and he could very well have been acting from a place of panic. He may think he can hide until the furor dies down and have an opportunity to escape for good. If he stays in his old life he definitely gets punished; if he escapes, he may get punished anyway, but he'll have had these few weeks to do what he wanted--or he may get away with it entirely.

I just find it harder to believe that he either planned a flawless international escape in the space of a few weeks, or he's been planning longer than that and left no trace. (And I don't think that fantasizing about running away is the same as hammering out the practical details. Just because he may have been dreaming about it, doesn't mean he was planning how to make it happen.) Of course as always LE may know more than they let on.

Ultimately I guess it comes down to: given what we know about TC, do you find it more likely that he took off with no endgame, or that he could successfully deliver them to a new life? Personally I find the first option more likely, but both of them requires a leap, IMO, and I don't think that one is so obviously more likely that it rules the other one out.

There were five weeks between his suspension on Feb. 5 and their disappearance on Mar. 13. That's a fair amount of time to plan. He had plenty of time to figure out the basics, like not using cell phones or ATMs, and disabling the tracking on the vehicle. I would really like to know what he Googled that we haven't heard about.

IMHO, he left to avoid dealing with the consequences of his increasingly aberrant behavior. He'd been caught, and he knew he couldn't BS his way out of it this time. He took ET to live out his warped fantasy for as long as he can.

I don't think it is all that hard to disappear in America if you pay cash, ditch your regular cell phone, and disable the tracking on your vehicle. Also, he looks like a lot of middle-aged white guys and she looks like his teen daughter. Remember that false sighting a couple of weeks ago with that man and his soccer-player daughter?

Anyway to answer your question given what we know, I have to agree that the first option is the more likely one.

I will say I've been reading through comments made about this whole thing and it's hard to see both his past and present students coming to grips with what happened. The common comment from the students has been that there were things said about ET but they feel bad now given what's happened. And the parents are questioning his boundaries with their own children, like calling him by his first name and admitting his behavior sometimes made them uncomfortable.

Not another. 3 others. 3. They have names and are forever effected. Two have stepped forward the other for reasons cannot.

I have a very strong suspicion there are more. A few past students have made comments on some of the local coverage that TC was "weird". I'm fairly sure as this continues, more are going to come forward.

Does anyone know if TC has taken recreational drugs or perhaps had any past drug problems even smoke pot? Pain killer addictions, opiates? etc? I don't know if this has been brought up. I don't like going through all posts. I'm not feeling good.

Not my daughter! I'd demand that she hand it over or I would shut it off.
PERIOD!
In fact at that point I would have been in possession of her phone.
Had a situation where and older man contacted my daughter.
His next call was answered by me. He was told in no uncertain terms not to contact her again.

I then cancelled her #, unplugged and hid my router. Until she was able to explain to me why I came unglued.

That’s me. I am not judging. I know everyone reacts differently.

MOO

50 year old single mom here. I'm 5'3, 120 lbs. My 16 year old son is 6'4, 175 lbs. I recently demanded his phone until he completed an assignment. He refused and as I turned to leave his room threatening to call in backup, he threw the phone at me. I picked up the phone, took the cords to his playstation, tv & stereo, grabbed his car keys off his night stand and slammed the door behind me. He can have it all back if he asks, so far he hasn't worked up the nerve.

Correct me if I'm wrong: we don't know about any planning activities TC did before he was suspended, correct? The internet searches, the title loan, etc were all in the time between his suspension and the disappearance?

JMO but I don't think it's so far-fetched to imagine that he took off with only a short- to medium-term plan (ie hide out). He was already in trouble and facing consequences. He had nothing to lose and he could very well have been acting from a place of panic. He may think he can hide until the furor dies down and have an opportunity to escape for good. If he stays in his old life he definitely gets punished; if he escapes, he may get punished anyway, but he'll have had these few weeks to do what he wanted--or he may get away with it entirely.

I just find it harder to believe that he either planned a flawless international escape in the space of a few weeks, or he's been planning longer than that and left no trace. (And I don't think that fantasizing about running away is the same as hammering out the practical details. Just because he may have been dreaming about it, doesn't mean he was planning how to make it happen.) Of course as always LE may know more than they let on.

Ultimately I guess it comes down to: given what we know about TC, do you find it more likely that he took off with no endgame, or that he could successfully deliver them to a new life? Personally I find the first option more likely, but both of them requires a leap, IMO, and I don't think that one is so obviously more likely that it rules the other one out.

We are not sure what he had planned.

However, it would be harder to flawlessly plan hiding long term in the US than out of the US.

If he had no long term plan, he could be anywhere in the US and will surface again soon. If it was just him, it would be easier.

The above is my opinion only.

Does anyone know if TC has taken recreational drugs or perhaps had any past drug problems even smoke pot? Pain killer addictions, opiates? etc? I don't know if this has been brought up. I don't like going through all posts. I'm not feeling good.

I've read nearly every post and haven't seen any mention of it.

Would be nice to know if possibility of any drugs could be involved.

I don't know maybe that's why girls parent doesn't want daughter to be deposed would open up a can of worms. Drugs always seem to be involved with criminals in one way or another. Makes people do stupid things. I wonder if TC drank lots of alcohol or none at all? Was he abusive to the wife and kids? there is so much we don't know. Maybe he did abuse his wife but like so many other women caught up in that lifestyle keep it private, hidden from public view and never call authorities or even friends. By looking at him he looks like he can have a high temper. Any man capable of leaving his wife of 30yrs to be with a young girl is probably abusive especially mentally.

I've been reading posts about TC having been a missionary at some point. After everything being said and done, how do we know this is true?
I mean really....a millionaire CIA agent who goes on missionary trips?

I've been reading posts about TC having been a missionary at some point. After everything being said and done, how do we know this is true?
I mean really....a millionaire CIA agent who goes on missionary trips?

His resume said he was a missionary, but it was only 8 days.

His resume said he was a missionary, but it was only 8 days.

That is a typical length for a mission trip to a Central American country. Most likely he went with a church group.

WHAT?! 8 days?

You must not be familiar with the thousands of mission trips that occur each year from churches in the US. Our church goes on about 10 each year. The length ranges from a week to two weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members