Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the note given to JC from TC didn't mention ET...and she reported him missing early afternoon...

JC says she had no idea about TC & ET and believed and trusted TC, he was her best friend.

The only thing that would make me report my spouse missing then would be a suicide note.
That, or a note saying they're leaving you for someone else, right? Can't really report them "missing" under "normal" circumstances, but throw a teenager in the mix... either are good possibilities for the context of the note imo

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So check this out. I found 2 cabins in OK with all the comforts of home for $23 per night.

That's $690 per month.

Do you really think that Mr. Non-Camper took out a loan so that he could sleep in his car? I don't. This is the kind of place they are staying. IMHO.

https://www.tripping.com/search?sta...Lon=-94.430662&zoom=7&query=OK&cam=487&rdbk=0

:cow:

They could even do better on price with a little planning. This is the bottom end on 1 bedroom houses in Tennessee. I think they are being helped, so I think they are back in state.

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_re...07,-81.051636,32.704111,-90.895386_rect/6_zm/

Hmm possibly a squatter. That's possible. Here in CA one bedroom apt about $1100 mo. My family has an average 1200 sq ft 3b old house we rent out for $2600 mo in crummy area of OC

They've have been gone a month. Between gas, food necessities unless he was sharing rent couldn't do it.

Rents are outrageous and gas prices are probably $1 a gallon more than you are used to paying anywhere else. I look for them every day just in case. But my guess is that they are somewhere more affordable.

Rents are outrageous and gas prices are probably $1 a gallon more than you are used to paying anywhere else. I look for them every day just in case. But my guess is that they are somewhere more affordable.

I've lived in CA 50 yrs the cost of living is outrageous. With the new tax increase come Nov we are paying the most expensive gas in the nation.

I am curious. Today i visited the airbnb site. You can basically couch surf, rent rooms out of someone's house or rent an entire house. Would someone with their own room to rent like on this airbnb, rent on a cash basis? Or prepaid visa? TC could use any name he wanted. They could be swallowed up in miami beach and nobody would notice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Where was he for all those years her mother was abusing her?

WS is victim friendly. ET, her family (including her dad) are victims. (As are JC and her kids/grandkids, IMO.). We don't know where he was during the years of abuse. Frankly, it's not our business as we're not allowed to sleuth victims, or make accusations against them.

If I misunderstood you, I apologize in advance.

I am curious. Today i visited the airbnb site. You can basically couch surf, rent rooms out of someone's house or rent an entire house. Would someone with their own room to rent like on this airbnb, rent on a cash basis? Or prepaid visa? TC could use any name he wanted. They could be swallowed up in miami beach and nobody would notice.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just don't see them renting a place it's too easy for them to get caught by doing background check, maybe references and or credit checks. Remember he's facing prison time. I think he's going to be more careful possibly a very good friend he trusts thats giving them shelter unless they are in Mexico or another country roughing it in the outback or they could be traveling around the US or even another country sleeping in that Rogue. He did search for a mattress online. Getting that car wrapped could have easily been done for cash to some guy who needed the money which Is much cheaper and quicker than a paint job and if done right it looks good.

I've thought all along that it was a suicide note, maybe one saying that he intended to drive the Rogue into a lake somewhere, in an attempt to keep them from looking for it on dry land. Also, it would explain police not making the connection between a missing TC and a missing ET.

No. It wasn't a suicide note. It has nothing important in it just I'm sorry.

So check this out. I found 2 cabins in OK with all the comforts of home for $23 per night.

That's $690 per month.

Do you really think that Mr. Non-Camper took out a loan so that he could sleep in his car? I don't. This is the kind of place they are staying. IMHO.

https://www.tripping.com/search?sta...Lon=-94.430662&zoom=7&query=OK&cam=487&rdbk=0

:cow:

And how would he go about paying for those? Maybe I'm wrong, but don't those require payment with a credit card?

No. It wasn't a suicide note. It has nothing important in it just I'm sorry.

"I'm sorry". Hmmm. That's interesting...
If he had this uh...idea, of running off with a minor, (ET or one of his other targets), for as long as it seems he might have, than I find it odd that he would write that.

Was he able to feel some shred of sympathy for his wife? Not enough empathy to keep him from following through on his crime, but It would suggest that he knew what he was doing was wrong, not the knight saving the damsel that has been suggested...

Yet he did put considerable planning into this, and his instagarm was a real slap in her face... I find it hard to believe he feels sorry. Why bother with that note?

I originally thought he sounded like he had undiagnosed manic depression. That note would be right in keeping with BPD. imo (Not diagnosing, just something that keeps occurring to me as read about his very strange behavior.)

I have never done it, but best as I can tell it requires use of a credit card. Booking an Airbnb would certainly leave an electronic trail.

How to Book a Space on Airbnb

That sounds good, but it's not that easy. Read the privacy notices on any of those prepaid cards. They all require the cardholder to provide their Social Security number, an address to mail the card to, and they share their personal information, including to respond to court orders and legal investigations. There is no more privacy with using a pre-paid debit card, then with using a credit card.

Privacy Policy - Green Dot Bank Walmart MoneyCard

Just like most things there are loopholes & ways around it. Maybe you offer to pay a little more if you can pay in cash etc.

A credit card is required to make the reservations.

Just like most things there are loopholes & ways around it. Maybe you offer to pay a little more if you can pay in cash etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have purchased gift cards at the grocery store; don't know if that type of card would work online, but you never know. TC had a lot of people fooled. He is, apparently, charismatic enough to have BSed his way through life thus far. I have no doubt that he could have managed to book a room for cash. I've been trying to keep an open mind, but with today's news that he is definitely NOT a camper, I am 90% committed to the idea that they are staying in a place with four walls and a roof. I say this as someone who is also NOT a camper. Did it a few times, once in Hawaii. and other than the Hawaii campout, I HATED it. Maybe I am bringing too much of my own stuff into the sleuth. I always say, 'I camp at the Hilton'. LOL.

But... I'm starting to wonder if he has gone as far as stealing someone's identity. Yesterday, I posted about Richard Hoagland. That story broke in July of last year. Richard left his first wife and two kids, and assumed a dead man's identity, remarrying and producing two more children. It worked for over 20 years.

I have purchased gift cards at the grocery store; don't know if that type of card would work online, but you never know. TC had a lot of people fooled. He is, apparently, charismatic enough to have BSed his way through life thus far. I have no doubt that he could have managed to book a room for cash. I've been trying to keep an open mind, but with today's news that he is definitely NOT a camper, I am 90% committed to the idea that they are staying in a place with four walls and a roof. I say this as someone who is also NOT a camper. Did it a few times, once in Hawaii. and other than the Hawaii campout, I HATED it. Maybe I am bringing too much of my own stuff into the sleuth. I always say, 'I camp at the Hilton'. LOL.

But... I'm starting to wonder if he has gone as far as stealing someone's identity. Yesterday, I posted about Richard Hoagland. That story broke in July of last year. Richard left his first wife and two kids, and assumed a dead man's identity, remarrying and producing two more children. It worked for over 20 years.

Unless the card has your name printed on it, and a security code on the back, it will not work online. That's why when you order online it asks you for the security code, and for your name exactly as printed on the card.

Identity theft is a possibility, but I'm not sure it would work for TC. Most ID theft is a short term solution. Eventually the victim of identity theft, finds out and reports it. Then investigators can track down the perpetrator, pretty easy.

full post snipped...

Very interesting story Kapua.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members