Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah. Thank you. I see. Not sure why there was talk about it being a possible suicide note then... I didn't read anything about what was in the note, just going by ET's sisters info. There has been a lot of speculation, and posts about why JT called him missing...If he said he would be back, wouldn't she have waited?

http://wkrn.com/2017/04/12/cummins-left-note-for-wife-may-be-in-need-of-medication/amp/

" “He told her he had a job interview at I think 10 o’clock that morning. When she came home, she found this note. It was basically, ”Im going somewhere and I’ll be back.'” "
More at link above.

JMO
I dont think he did much to try to trick people into the direction he was heading. Ive seen lots of posts that indicate he was trying to purposely fool people into the direction he was heading. I dont see any real proof of that happening.

The only thing I have seen is someone that took off and was spotted in okc.

Just wish they could be found. It is hard to believe they have not been spotted or found by now. The longer this goes on the longer I do wonder if he tried to cross the border into Mexico and if they did I sure hope they did not run into any harm. It would be so dangerous IMO if he went into mexico with her. The danger to me would be near the border cities where it is known drug traffickers and criminals have a higher population. So they would have to get past those areas first before they could get to safer areas of Mexico.

Its a scary situation that I sure hope TC did not put ET into that situation.

He has already put her life into jeapordy just by being on the run in the first place. Like if LE tries to pull them over then if he takes off and they get into a high speed chase then her life would be in danger.

I hold him personally responsible for her safety at this point.
It is terrible what he has done and he is very selfish in that regard.

Ah. Thank you. I see. Not sure why there was talk about it being a possible suicide note then... I didn't read anything about what was in the note, just going by ET's sisters info. There has been a lot of speculation, and posts about why JT called him missing...If he said he would be back, wouldn't she have waited?

ETA: Ok I just read up on the note, and I see that LE was calling it diversionary sbm:

"Cooper said the note referenced a location where Cummins was supposedly planning to go, which proved not to be true. The note did not mention Thomas."

“It’s obvious that it was a diversion, just a way to try and buy some extra time and give us a false lead of what direction they might be going,” Cooper said."

http://wreg.com/2017/04/13/amber-alert-tad-cummins-left-note-for-wife-may-need-to-refill-medication/

Thank you. That at least explains where some of the diversion comments came from.

JMO
Thats pretty amazing to me and good for you if thats the way you like things.

I seem to get asked for a picture ID or credit card wherever i go. I am guessing that TC has had trouble trying to prevent having to produce an ID.

Especially if he tried to rent a vehicle. I know for sure that one place I went to told me I had to have a credit card in order to even rent the car. Im not sure if it was just that one particular rental car agency or not.

I had not flown airlines in some time but I think I had to show a picture ID there too if I recall.

What really irks me the most is when utility companies or any other company asks for the last 4 digits of your social security number.
Whenever that happens you automatically know that it means their database has your SSN as part of the records for your account. Its foolish and causes lots of risk to consumers.

For this case I suspect TC was not able to not have an ID for some things already that he may have slipped up on. Whether it be his medical prescriptions or something I think he had already slipped up.
I still wonder if that is how the Walmart video was found out. I wonder if he tried to fill a prescription that processed against his schools medical benefits.

I do think he has learned from his mistakes and he is getting smarter about not using any IDs for anything. As he begins to run out of money it is going to be harder and harder for him not to have to prove his ID somewhere.

Whether its new employment or renting a place or trying to buy something on credit like a vehicle there is likely going to be something where he is asked to show and prove an ID. I am not sure if he was able to get a good fake ID that would work for him.

Getting really good fake IDs and Passports is the problem he would have had. The more money you spend the better the fake ID. Getting a cheap fake ID is probably not hard but getting a really good one that would work for some of the things mentioned is the problem he would have.

I really do not think he was successful in doing that. It would have taken lots of pre planning and quite a bit of money before he left and I dont think he planned this out as much as others may think. Once the school let him go there was really not too much time before he left.

All JMO of course.

When I rent a car, it's always "driver's license and credit card". You cannot get on an airplane without a picture ID, and the airport people seem to prefer driver's licenses.

I have never stayed in a hotel where I wasn't asked for a credit card on check-in, but posters say they do exist. Not everyone has a credit card and TC could have told them he doesn't have one, or produced a pre-paid card. Explaining why you don't have your ID with you might be more challenging. So would using a fake name. I wonder if he could have used his initials. Cummins is a relatively common name, and a lot of people mispronounce it "Cummings" (Nancy Grace). Maybe he used "T.J. Cummings", for example. Some people use their middle name. I don't know about Tennessee, but in California, our driver's licenses have our full names, including full middle name. So he could go by John Cummings without changing his ID. I'm stretching here, I know...

In terms of fake ID, that would be trickier, more dangerous, and if he stole someone else's identity, he'd be looking at some serious fraud charges in addition to kidnapping.

In my Opinion: His home life already destroyed by what he did to ET, his career and family. No sighting that we know of recently (possible the police/fbi do know and aren't telling the public to get as close to them as possible). took her for his own sick and disturbed reasons. ET is young and life is NOW real being on the run and most likely homesick. took 2 guns. I am hoping she is still alive :(

In my Opinion: His home life already destroyed by what he did to ET, his career and family. No sighting that we know of recently (possible the police/fbi do know and aren't telling the public to get as close to them as possible). took her for his own sick and disturbed reasons. ET is young and life is NOW real being on the run and most likely homesick. took 2 guns. I am hoping she is still alive :(

I got the feeling that the police/TBI/FBI have absolutely no idea where they are from watching yesterday's GMA segment. I hope that he took the guns to sell for cash.

I got the feeling that the police/TBI/FBI have absolutely no idea where they are from watching yesterday's GMA segment. I hope that he took the guns to sell for cash.

I would like to think that was the reason but I'm sure the uncaring type man he is it was for their protection. I mean after all he told ET he was CIA.

When I rent a car, it's always "driver's license and credit card". You cannot get on an airplane without a picture ID, and the airport people seem to prefer driver's licenses.

I have never stayed in a hotel where I wasn't asked for a credit card on check-in, but posters say they do exist. Not everyone has a credit card and TC could have told them he doesn't have one, or produced a pre-paid card. Explaining why you don't have your ID with you might be more challenging. So would using a fake name. I wonder if he could have used his initials. Cummins is a relatively common name, and a lot of people mispronounce it "Cummings" (Nancy Grace). Maybe he used "T.J. Cummings", for example. Some people use their middle name. I don't know about Tennessee, but in California, our driver's licenses have our full names, including full middle name. So he could go by John Cummings without changing his ID. I'm stretching here, I know...

In terms of fake ID, that would be trickier, more dangerous, and if he stole someone else's identity, he'd be looking at some serious fraud charges in addition to kidnapping.

There is a train in OKC that goes to Dallas. Do you need ID for a train? In my area we don't, but it is a communter train and most people use credit cards. Maybe they took this Amtrack Heartland Flyer? I don't know what they would do with the car though.

There is a train in OKC that goes to Dallas. Do you need ID for a train? In my area we don't, but it is a communter train and most people use credit cards. Maybe they took this Amtrack Heartland Flyer? I don't know what they would do with the car though.

"Photo identification isn't required when using local subway systems in large cities. But when traveling beyond city limits on Amtrak you'll need an ID."

bbm

http://traveltips.usatoday.com/can-travel-photo-id-109287.html

IMO
I dont see TC just dumping his vehicle without either trading it for another at the same time at a used car dealership or selling it for enough money where he could buy another one.

The car was one of his last valuable possessions so I really doubt he just dumped it without getting something of equal value to him.

ETA Im thinking more and more he had it painted real cheap.
That solution helps him in a couple ways. He already owns it. It disguises it like he dyed his hair.

I am going to start looking for his vehicle in a crappy paint job. LOL

Rs/bbm

I have never stayed in a hotel where I wasn't asked for a credit card on check-in, but posters say they do exist..

In 2014 I successfully boarded a plane in Oklahoma City (accompanied by my nine year old daughter), using nothing but a prescription medication bottle I had in my bag. The tickets were pre-paid on line, (purchased by my son who was stationed on Fort Sill OK). I had lost my ID at the airport somehow, and I was completely shocked when airport officials asked me if I happened to have any prescription medications in my purse, I whipped out my heart rate controller med, they took a look at the label, and we were passed through boarding with no further questions.

Rs/bbm

In 2014 I successfully boarded a plane in Oklahoma City (accompanied by my nine year old daughter), using nothing but a prescription medication bottle I had in my bag. The tickets were pre-paid on line, (purchased by my son who was stationed on Fort Sill OK). I had lost my ID at the airport somehow, and I was completely shocked when airport officials asked me if I happened to have any prescription medications in my purse, I whipped out my heart rate controller med, they took a look at the label, and we were passed through boarding with no further questions.

LOL
Your example shows there are exceptions to things where he could get buy if he runs into the right clerk at a place. Im thinking along the lines of renting a place to stay that I would bet he could offer to pay cash up front and maybe another extra months rent in cash and he could find someone willing to accept his offer.

What office staff at places need to be on the lookout for is someone that looks like him offering cash payments for things and not having an ID. It should raise some red flags wherever he has been if he needed something from a business.

Have you guys seen this? I thought JC reported him missing around 12:30pm that day. If so he only was missing for approx. 4 or 5 hours. Do I have the time table wrong?

[FONT=&amp]The morning Cummins and Thomas disappeared, Cooper says Cummins left a note for his wife, Jill, while she was out of the house.[/FONT][FONT=&amp]“He left a note at the house basically saying, I’m going somewhere for a few days and I’ll be back,’ ” Cooper tells PEOPLE. “He left the note knowing that she wouldn’t be home until the evening. So that automatically gave him eight hours of a head start.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]Cooper could not comment on where Cummins said he was going but said it was not normal for him to travel alone or to leave his wife notes.[/FONT]
[FONT=&amp]“They were rarely apart,” Cooper says of the pair, who have been married for 31 years, though [/FONT]Jill recently filed for divorce[FONT=&amp]. “I think that she thought everything was as normal as could be.”[/FONT]

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/apos-off-grid-apos-teacher-210436265.html

OT
The airport story reminded me of a funny story that happened to me at an airport.

Many years ago when I was younger I used to always carry a good size pocket knife that I was fond of. It was a gift and I just liked carrying it as a form of protection when traveling by myself. I had it in my jeans pocket and had planned on leaving it in the car when I got to the airport parking area.

This was right around the time where airport security was beefing up all their security after 9-11. I had already checked in my luggage and got my boarding pass and was just about to go through the indoor line where TSA checks carry on luggage to allow you to get to the area of the boarding gates.

I was watching the people in front of me in the line begin to empty out their pockets and take off their watches to go through the metal detectors when it dawned on me that I had a knife in my pocket. LOL

I luckily was still at the very end of the line so I casually left the line and walked around like an idiot wondering what I should do. I finally decided to throw it in the nearest trash can and I made it look like I just threw away a piece of trash. LOL

I may have been able to explain it to the clerks and they may have been able to somehow put it in the checked luggage but it wasnt worth all the trouble and I was too scared to ask.
I am still kind of mad that I had to throw it away as it was a really nice gift from a relative.

Oh well. Live and learn. LOL

OT
The airport story reminded me of a funny story that happened to me at an airport.

Many years ago when I was younger I used to always carry a good size pocket knife that I was fond of. It was a gift and I just liked carrying it as a form of protection when traveling by myself. I had it in my jeans pocket and had planned on leaving it in the car when I got to the airport parking area.

This was right around the time where airport security was beefing up all their security after 9-11. I had already checked in my luggage and got my boarding pass and was just about to go through the indoor line where TSA checks carry on luggage to allow you to get to the area of the boarding gates.

I was watching the people in front of me in the line begin to empty out their pockets and take off their watches to go through the metal detectors when it dawned on me that I had a knife in my pocket. LOL

I luckily was still at the very end of the line so I casually left the line and walked around like an idiot wondering what I should do. I finally decided to throw it in the nearest trash can and I made it look like I just threw away a piece of trash. LOL

I may have been able to explain it to the clerks and they may have been able to somehow put it in the checked luggage but it wasnt worth all the trouble and I was too scared to ask.
I am still kind of mad that I had to throw it away as it was a really nice gift from a relative.

Oh well. Live and learn. LOL

OT

I've learned from past experience & always take a stamped addressed padded envelope in my hand luggage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbm
Have you guys seen this? I thought JC reported him missing around 12:30pm that day. If so he only was missing for approx. 4 or 5 hours. Do I have the time table wrong?

"The morning Cummins and Thomas disappeared, Cooper says Cummins left a note for his wife, Jill, while she was out of the house.“He left a note at the house basically saying, I’m going somewhere for a few days and I’ll be back,’ ” Cooper tells PEOPLE. “He left the note knowing that she wouldn’t be home until the evening. So that automatically gave him eight hours of a head start.”
Cooper could not comment on where Cummins said he was going but said it was not normal for him to travel alone or to leave his wife notes.

“They were rarely apart,” Cooper says of the pair, who have been married for 31 years, though Jill recently filed for divorce. “I think that she thought everything was as normal as could be.”

Somethings do not compute, that are being "reported". JC even asked tad what was the nature of his relationship with ET, yet she assisted in taking the girl to church with them ect... No way am I buying the bold'd statement JMO.

You are correct. 12:30pm is what TBI has reported many times, many links through all the threads. Even Kat confirmed the time early on, saying they reported ET missing around 7-7:30pm.
There is a link I posted in the thread before this one that said ET was added to NCIC at 12:30pm that Monday.

Yes there seems to be more and more discrepancies.

Sent from my LG-K540 using Tapatalk

OT

I've learned from past experience & always take a stamped addressed padded envelope in my hand luggage!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would have been the perfect solution. Thanks. I will have to remember to have one when traveling.

I believe whole secondary industries have developed in selling people's stuff that they had to sacrifice right at those gates. I remember seeing a box off to the side with lots of liquid bottles of stuff they had taken from people. I am sure they end up selling it to the secondary markets to places like Unclaimed Baggage website businesses and stuff.

It kind of makes you wonder if they keep changing the rules to make more people have to sacrifice stuff at the gates. This week no toenail clippers. Next week its no nail files. LOL :)

Rs/bbm

(Wow...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member