Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #13 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think TC would be wasting time trying to sell a car while he was trying to get away as fast as he could. And by now, if he tried to sell even to a low-end used car place it would likely be reported (a 50 yo man with a young girl anxious to sell a car would stand out). IMO the Decatur diversion was to get another vehicle. either stashed or from someone helping. Remember the car tracking was disabled to make sure it would be difficult to track or find. If there was a car stashed then it would have to be something he would fee confident getting to.
airport parking - hew would have had to have a car waiting there to swap, with a lot of charges. if they dropped the car and walked out there would have been someone noticing. (BTW many years ago I forgot where I parked my car in long term and I called Security, they found my car in 30 seconds, they track everything for the money).
Field or woods? I think would have been found by now. Plus there would have to be two drivers when the Rouge was dropped, one in it and one driving the replacement. Same for dropping in a lake.
I like the idea that TC could use a public storage unit If he had the replacement in a unit around there, then the Rouge could be sitting in a unit and not found. If he paid cash in advance and used fake ID he already had then it may not be discovered until the lease expires and is auctioned.
This all assumes that the Rouge has not been located. It's possible it has and LE does not want that known. The OKC parking lot video is still "being processed" and maybe they don't want to let on they know the new vehicle.MMO

I disagree with some of this as I have friends and family in LE and vehicles are recovered from remote or hidden places all the time. They will drag lakes and rivers looking for one car or body and find multiple vehicles at once sometimes. But I do appreciate all the thought you put into replying to each part!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo! This creates a major problem. Where and how can he register it in a different state? I bet he has searched this on the web!

One usually has to have it inspected and insured in the state where the license is being purchased. I don't know what is needed for the title if you have the car financed.

Then, there is the problem of your drivers license not matching your license plate if stopped for any reason. Yes, one can gamble in many ways in each of these scenarios.

IMO the easiest thing to do is for JC to not renew the license plate. Why should she? The expired tag MIGHT get him pulled in a city that isn't aware of the AA.

I'm glad you mentioned this. TN doesn't require state inspections, so if he did steal plates to put on the Rogue, I wonder if he'd be smart enough to steal TN plates (or plates from another state that doesn't require state inspections).

I think he's too smart to be driving the vehicle with an amber alert attached to it. Unless they made it to Mexico.

I'm never going to underestimate the quick wit of someone who was able to talk a school system into allowing a bed in his class room. That right there tells me he can do some scheming.

Interesting thought. Where I live we report unattended backpacks. If we "see something, we say something".
Do we know if ET or TC picked it up? Was there another note in it? Or was ET leaving it there purposely?

Here too...however IIRC, ET's sister mentioned that she left with her stuff in grocery bags and a gift bag. I don't remember her saying anything about a backpack.

The problem I have with the chop shop theory is that TC's type (50yo former respiratory therapist turned teacher) doesn't seem like it would be typical chop shop clientele. Would he even know how to wheel and deal with them? Seems like they would peg him for a cop or something. Just thinking out loud.
He would only need to know one person... I know a girl from childhood that lives a very questionable life in and out of prison and we have had minimal contact as adults. But I know I could contact her tomorrow via a fake fb and I know she would not only help but would hide any secret I ever asked of her simply because of our bond as children. I doubt she'd be ok with this scenario but it could easily be twisted. This might seem weird but we went through alot together. We grew up with uninvolved parents and my parents became more successful and we moved up but hers began drug addicts and she made poor choices but we stayed friends... then I started a family and she went to prison for 3 years. I know she has been back once since. We seemingly have no connection; not even friends on fb. He may have someone like this in his life. By the time his old friend/help found out the truth he may have been on the run again already and that friend is now a felon who helped kidnap a child across state lines...and is trying to keep themself out of the spotlight and out of trouble

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I disagree with some of this as I have friends and family in LE and vehicles are recovered from remote or hidden places all the time. They will drag lakes and rivers looking for one car or body and find multiple vehicles at once sometimes. But I do appreciate all the thought you put into replying to each part!

Except in this case there is one driver. If he ditched it remotely/lake then likely need a driver for the second care trailing and then getaway. But there is no second driver here to do that. And if he ditched it on his own then he would likely have to hike back to where ET/new car is, burning time.

Except in this case there is one driver. If he ditched it remotely/lake then likely need a driver for the second care trailing and then getaway. But there is no second driver here to do that. And if he ditched it on his own then he would likely have to hike back to where ET/new car is, burning time.

Right. I think a lake is lower on the possibility list. There's just lots of way to dispose of a vehicle.

I wouldn't be surprised if she has learned to drive now, to be honest. I don't know about you, but I learned at 15, and it only took a day or so to get the basics down.

If TC intended on getting rid of the car, why check and see how to disable tracking and what size mattress fits in it. Maybe a deception again? Really planned on another car and took mattress to long term getaway? Who knows with this creep. Hope LE is reading WS as it appears we could all be of great service to them. I say, RA, RA for us! lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

If TC intended on getting rid of the car, why check and see how to disable tracking and what size mattress fits in it. Maybe a deception again? Really planned on another car and took mattress to long term getaway? Who knows with this creep. Hope LE is reading WS as it appears we could all be of great service to them. I say, RA, RA for us! lol

I could go either way on that. Maybe he slept in the Rogue for a couple days and then disposed of it? Maybe he researched camping in it but then abandoned the idea?

Here is my 2 cents...

Until the GMA interview I do not think this really made national news. I believe they hadn't added ET to the missing children's database until just a few days ago and I'm not sure she has been added for sure according to Twitter of the father and a family friend. The AA is only in TN and AL.

He has been added to the FBI's most wanted list so LE would be on the lookout if they ran plates BUT the general public hasn't really called in a lot of tips because I think the general public in many states just haven't been informed.

ETA - Add to that, some folks believe she is a runaway because of the "romantic" emails, 3 trips to the car, etc. So those folks are usually over it so to speak.

Then on top of that there seems to be a disconnect between, DA, LE and family that further complicates information flowing out.

Here is my 2 cents...

Until the GMA interview I do not think this really made national news. I believe they hadn't added ET to the missing children's database until just a few days ago and I'm not sure she has been added for sure according to Twitter of the father and a family friend. The AA is only in TN and AL.

He has been added to the FBI's most wanted list so LE would be on the lookout if they ran plates BUT the general public hasn't really called in a lot of tips because I think the general public in many states just haven't been informed.

ETA - Add to that, some folks believe she is a runaway because of the "romantic" emails, 3 trips to the car, etc. So those folks are usually over it so to speak.

Then on top of that there seems to be a disconnect between, DA, LE and family that further complicates information flowing out.

BBM

If I'm not mistaken, he's on TBI Most Wanted with the FBI looking into the case but he's not on their list. I wish he were. Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been a long thirteen threads. :(

BBM

If I'm not mistaken, he's on TBI Most Wanted with the FBI looking into the case but he's not on their list. I wish he were. Correct me if I'm wrong though, it's been a long thirteen threads. :(

AH you could be right. I'm just going off memory so there is another reason I believe they haven't been found yet. They are just not on enough radars in my opinion, perhaps until the GMA interview.

It would be interesting to see if more tips came in and if the amount of tips have increased after that interview.

Why disable tracking - so they could getaway and also difficult to find car when ditched, when it is located they are long gone.
IIRC the actual purchase of a mattress was never confirmed. Could be part of a deception of what he was planning. Could also be part of the grooming as IIRC ET was sleeping on the couch at home because of problems with a mattress she shared. He was just providing it (if he bought it)

AH you could be right. I'm just going off memory so there is another reason I believe they haven't been found yet. They are just not on enough radars in my opinion, perhaps until the GMA interview.

It would be interesting to see if more tips came in and if the amount of tips have increased after that interview.

I checked the FBI home page www.fbi.gov and Elizabeth is not there.

I totally agree that until the GMA piece, they have not been on the national radar screen as much as they could be. I was really hoping that they'd be found this weekend after the GMA piece. Hopefully, LE is getting more leads.

I also checked MCME and she is listed if you put in the state of TN...

http://www.missingkids.com/home

So she has been added to the national registry of missing children.

ETA - however it says this...

"The missing child may be in the Decatur, Alabama area and is believed to be in the company of the suspect. The suspect is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving the listed vehicle".

I also checked MCME and she is listed if you put in the state of TN...

http://www.missingkids.com/home

So she has been added to the national registry of missing children.

ETA - however it says this...

"The missing child may be in the Decatur, Alabama area and is believed to be in the company of the suspect. The suspect is believed to be armed with two handguns and driving the listed vehicle".

She's also on the Polly Klaas Foundation page, near the top of the page. Here's her page on that site:
http://www.pollyklaas.org/missing/kids/elizabeth-thomas.html

BBM

This is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member