Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #14 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:slapfight: :slapfight:

Brent Cooper 22nd District Attorney General said she was Unharmed. WTF!

:slapfight: :slapfight:

She is safe, but not unharmed sir. IMO

I'm worried that she's going to take his side on this and not cooperate. She may see him as the victim now.

She really doesn't have to cooperate. She's a minor. The State (or Feds) will prosecute anyway. It was witnessed that he took her across state lines. No denying that. BAM!

Can't believe that media is asking when she will be back and where she'll fly into. I hope that her family has a place that the can go and have privacy.

I'm so glad he's being clear that she's FIFTEEN and Tad needs to be held accountable!! YESSSSSS

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I'm worried that she's going to take his side on this and not cooperate. She may see him as the victim now.

I fear this, as well. These predators manipulate victims like this. She might be taking responsibility for all of it. :( I hope not, but I would not be surprised. The head games these monsters play are terrifying.

Consider this JMO, MOO... Friend of mine is a Forensic Nurse - specializing in children. She says that she can usually talk a teenager into the exam regardless of the circumstances. Next step is parental consent. If the minor still physically refuses, a court order can be obtained and the minor is sedated for comfort. Also a social worker and Guardian Ad Litem are assigned asap. JMO MOO

This is exactly how it works.

I'm so glad he's being clear that she's FIFTEEN and Tad needs to be held accountable!! YESSSSSS

YES!

But seriously F the reporter who asked that idiotic question.

Can't believe that media is asking when she will be back and where she'll fly into. I hope that her family has a place that the can go and have privacy.
They will. Usually in a case like this, in my experience, the survivor and family are held in a private, secure location for a period of time.

Even a minor? Can they do the test with fathers permission? (Mom has no say so and is not allowed to see her). She is not considered an adult. Thanks.

This issue of whether minors can/can not be forced to submit to medical tests is interesting, and confusing. I suspect that if not a rape kit she will still be subject to some other types of medical tests, whether she wants to or not...

TBI Director: "she's a young girl with a grown man", per presser on HLN.

I feel confident that they will have a team of experts to work with her starting ASAP. She's in good hands, IMO.

I fear this, as well. These predators manipulate victims like this. She might be taking responsibility for all of it. :( I hope not, but I would not be surprised. The head games these monsters play are terrifying.
TBI seems aware that this happens. They will handle things accordingly. I'm really pleased with them. Cheers to TBI!

A couple of questions. One report says they were found at a residence. Ok, great. Whose residence?
Second question is the car had no license plate but the VIN's was tracked. So where were they last night when the car was spotted?
Not in the car I guess?

That was a question that was posed. The answer was iirc, paraphrasing, you can call it a cabin or commune or whatever that they had been at for the last week and a half or so. So makes sense to me that it was one of the cabins at the commune.

Yes!! Thank you, TBI Director Mark Gwyn!!

And about D.A. Brent Cooper - I have a lot of words for him, but I won't post them.

Clarification on the commune.

A release had been sent and the media mistakenly thought the commune is where they were found. CABIN IN RURAL AREA is the release. The Sheriffs office is about 2 hours away in the county from where they were found, it's very large. SNOW was on the ground. They had been staying at that location for the last week and a half or so

This issue of whether minors can/can not be forced to submit to medical tests is interesting, and confusing. I suspect that if not a rape kit she will still be subject to some other types of medical tests, whether she wants to or not...

It is something that is done rarely, in my experience. Again, they can't just force, because they want the evidence. It's an issue of the courts, there has to be an order. I have personally only been involved in 2 cases where this extreme measure happened, and both were in cases of intellectual/cognitive disabilities.

Should MCETs name be changed to initials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really don't think it will do any good in this case. I mean, her name has been plastered all over the world for 38 days...and that will most likely continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState