Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we come up with any areas of familiarity for either of them? In this kind of situation, I seriously doubt they would head somewhere where they (he or she) didn't have some comfort level. Decatur? I'm guessing someone was smart enough to head that way, use cell pings to lead LE south, ditch the phones and then double back. They obviously wouldn't stay near Columbia...so where WOULD they go where there was some level of familiarity? The only thing I've been able to come up with is that TC has knowledge of Murfreesboro. It's about 4 hours from Decatur to Chatahoochie National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, and the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area. You could definitely get "lost" in there. Of course, that's a stab in the dark without being able to establish some familiarity with the area.

Just brainstorming.

The shopping and the money loan are all good signs to me that they are safe for now. Its just that LE had better surprise the arrest so he doesnt do something stupid when cornered.

I know LE is very smart about that sort of stuff. I am sure they are thinking the same thing.

Can we come up with any areas of familiarity for either of them? In this kind of situation, I seriously doubt they would head somewhere where they (he or she) didn't have some comfort level. Decatur? I'm guessing someone was smart enough to head that way, use cell pings to lead LE south, ditch the phones and then double back. They obviously wouldn't stay near Columbia...so where WOULD they go where there was some level of familiarity? The only thing I've been able to come up with is that TC has knowledge of Murfreesboro. It's about 4 hours from Decatur to Chatahoochie National Forest, Nantahala National Forest, and the Pigeon Forge / Gatlinburg area. You could definitely get "lost" in there. Of course, that's a stab in the dark without being able to establish some familiarity with the area.

Just brainstorming.

JMO
I agree that a wooded inland camping type setting is possible too. That would be a third area I need to keep on my top three spots they could have gone.

This is my top three possible places I think they could have gone. In no particular order.

Eastern Atlantic Ocean Beaches
Canada
Inland wooded camping area

My personal other main requirement is one or both of them would have had to been there before is my thinking.

Re BBM,
You mentioned that TC has knowledge of Murfreesboro.
Do you happen to know how he has knowledge of the area? Do we know if he has been there before?

JMO
I agree that a wooded inland camping type setting is possible too. That would be a third area I need to keep on my top three spots they could have gone.

This is my top three possible places I think they could have gone. In no particular order.

Eastern Atlantic Ocean Beaches
Canada
Inland wooded camping area

My personal other main requirement is one or both of them would have had to been there before is my thinking.

Re BBM,
You mentioned that TC has knowledge of Murfreesboro.
Do you happen to know how he has knowledge of the area? Do we know if he has been there before?

I read it somewhere in the media packet. I believe it was in his employment records. Maybe he did respiratory therapy there? I'd have to go back and check.

He also has connections to Mt. Pleasant, TN. Doubt he'd be that close to Columbia now, though.

I read it somewhere in the media packet. I believe it was in his employment records. Maybe he did respiratory therapy there? I'd have to go back and check.

He also has connections to Mt. Pleasant, TN. Doubt he'd be that close to Columbia now, though.

Those are good thoughts because something from his past is maybe what he thought to go back to.

He probably remembered some place from his past and his thinking is nobody will make the connection that he knows about the place.

Hatfield mentioned Myrtle Beach as an option. I'm very close to that area and they could live cheaply there for a while, it's off season rates and there's are many options as for lodging. Much more affordable than Florida this time of year.

I posted on the last thread that he has a picture of his stay in orange beach, Alabama from 2015 on his twitter feed...i'm thinking the same hatfield.

question, what went on between 8am and 3pm that day. it's only an hour from Columbia to Decatur.

Timeline of events in the case

- Monday, March 12:
•7:30 - 7:45 a.m. - Thomas is dropped off at the Shoney's in Columbia, TN
•8:32 a.m. - Surveillance video shows Cummins at a nearby Shell station, putting gas in his vehicle
•12:41 p.m. - Thomas is entered as missing in NCIC
•3:06 p.m. Information places Thomas in the area of Decatur, AL

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34847280/amber-alert-search-continues-for-missing-teen-teacher-from-tn

SABBM

Are you referring to the family member who said ET said to call 911 if she wasn't back by 6pm ?
Interesting.
Not saying they shouldn't sue the school--- but it's not like ET would ever see a penny of any monies granted-- even if it was for her therapy.
Also am still upset at the reports her mom was facing charges.

IMO

Yes. And its just my gut saying this is turning into a moneymaker for family. From the little i've read about her family, they were not there for her before, and have MANY issues.... which may be part of why she was seeking attention/love elsewhere... somethings just not adding up IMO. I still haven't figured out tho, exactly who is living where, etc on that. or what the entire background is. It seems to be coming in spurts.

And just a FYI, i'm not BLAMING the victim. But i also was a 15 yr old girl, and I remember just how determined i was to date older men. I did NOT see any difference between myself and an 18 yr old... very few do back at that age, its only as we get OLDER that we see the differences in our younger peers. She was NOT dragged away kicking and screaming, so she MAY still be compliant and in hiding... that does have to be considered in how to look for them. It is the bringing her home (or safe) that is the real object here, and to do that, the entire picture needs looked at.

As to whomever said a 15 yr olds frontal lobe isn't formed til early 20s. Yes, absolutely. Now tell that to any 13-21 yr old and see what response you get. They KNOW how they feel, in their eyes, and you cannot tell them that they will feel different a few years later. IMO part of the problem in this country today is that too many CHILDREN are growing up way too fast and parents are not parenting , they run the house... yet then something happens and its never their fault...... but the parents don't take the blame, its the WORLDS fault.

And what was a 12 yr old doing in a High School? Was this a middle/high situation? SHE is a hero for telling, and having parents that obviously taught her morals and values.

Ok....sorry about that. I didnt realize this was already discussed.

I had read back some through the threads and I was scimming fast so I missed that.

No, no, I just wanted you to see that we had a match :) No worries! These threads are long and they go fast. Very very hard to keep up.

I'd guess that Cummins is clean shaven and looks about 20 years younger at this point, mainly thanks to the hair dye. Him and ET may have shared that package of Clairol. Publishing pictures of him when he was about 30 years old and clean shaven would be a good idea if such pictures exist.

I was also thinking this.

Some of the clothing he wore in one of the Walmart pics was a younger style too. Plaid shirt unbuttoned over a graphic t shirt. Lose the old man coat and update his jeans and shave/dye hair, he'd look quite different. He's spent a lot of time around high schoolers, he knows their mannerisms, their slang, the way they carry themselves.

Add to that many teen girls can change looks easily and appear older with just a little makeup and different clothes. They could look like a typical couple much closer in age and not raising much suspicion. IMO

Forensics is typically considered an extra curricular activity, and most schools don't require more than an adult willing to lead the class. We had many cheer coaches with no cheer experience, the same teacher that taught theater led the debate team, etc.
Thanks. I was wondering if he was looking into forensics etc...before going missing.

Yes something like that would be a good spot for them to go.

I have a nagging feeling that he went to a place he had been before.

I really hope his wife is working closely with investigators and thinking of all possible good places he could have gone.

I really think he had to have been there before. He had to come up with a good idea to show off to her and be proud of his great idea. And the only place that could be would be a place he had been to before.

like "I know a great place and it will be perfect for us"
Did he mention Panama City, Beach? ...or another case. Aargh!

Tennessee manhunt: No sign of teacher and teenager
Other student saw two kissing

By MADISON PARK AND ELIOTT C. MCLAUGHLIN , CNN

Posted: 7:08 AM, March 21, 2017
Updated: 8:07 AM, March 21, 2017

(CNN) - Despite hundreds of tips, authorities still don't know the whereabouts of a 15-year-old Tennessee teenager and her former high school teacher, who is charged in her abduction.

Tad Cummins, 50, who taught forensics at a high school in Culleoka, Tennessee, and Elizabeth Thomas, a freshman, have not been seen for more than a week, leading police to believe that he may be hiding her or that they have fled far from the state, according to the Tennessee Bureau of Investigations.

They vanished on March 13, weeks after another student reported seeing the two kissing...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/national/tennessee-manhunt-no-sign-of-teacher-and-teenager
Thank You, BetteDavisEyes. I did see forensics mentioned.

I posted on the last thread that he has a picture of his stay in orange beach, Alabama from 2015 on his twitter feed...i'm thinking the same hatfield.

question, what went on between 8am and 3pm that day. it's only an hour from Columbia to Decatur.

Timeline of events in the case

- Monday, March 12:
•7:30 - 7:45 a.m. - Thomas is dropped off at the Shoney's in Columbia, TN
•8:32 a.m. - Surveillance video shows Cummins at a nearby Shell station, putting gas in his vehicle
•12:41 p.m. - Thomas is entered as missing in NCIC
•3:06 p.m. Information places Thomas in the area of Decatur, AL

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34847280/amber-alert-search-continues-for-missing-teen-teacher-from-tn

JMO
Maybe he didnt want to have both of them in his vehicle as he made last minute arrangements to get supplies.

Im wondering if she waited at Shoneys and then he came back and picked her up right from there.

I think its possible she may have been with him when the sighting of Cummings happened in Decatur. She could have been in the car laid down or even sitting up and maybe the witness only noticed Cummings.

The Decatur last sighting could be a hint in direction they traveled though?
If they traveled from Columbia to Decatur then the direction is heading South.
This is assuming she was with him when he was last spotted.

Not much to go on other than heading south.

Those are good thoughts because something from his past is maybe what he thought to go back to.

He probably remembered some place from his past and his thinking is nobody will make the connection that he knows about the place.
I wonder if they can get an idea whether beach or camping depending on the items he bought.
I'm still going with beach since imho that would be more fun for her. They can get a tan to go along with the hair color change.

Highly unlikely. Fake IDs and fake passports are not easy or cheap.

Re-reading my post, I can see that I needed some sleep when I wrote it plus it's obvious that I watch too many movies and tv shows with elaborate getaway schemes. ;) (I don't think we should rule anything out though as TC has proven that he'll go to extremes to get what he wants.)

I'm now thinking what a lot of you have already mentioned - Florida. It's the closest match to his beach fantasy without leaving the country (California has beaches but everyone knows that cost of living can be prohibitive there, especially in his situation). Also, I happen to live in Florida and IMO, due to the vastness, high amount of tourists (i.e. transient visitors) and population density in various regions, you can blend in here fairly easily and no one will look twice. Wonder if the authorities will extend the Amber Alert to Florida?

I wonder if they can get an idea whether beach or camping depending on the items he bought.
I'm still going with beach since imho that would be more fun for her. They can get a tan to go along with the hair color change.

Yup. The teddy bear he brought on top of the items we see him carrying out shows he was thinking a lot to keep her happy.

Whatever place he chose he most likely let her help him decide. So maybe we should be thinking what place she would like the most.

ETA Some girls do like camping a lot too. I am not sure if she was the type that liked camping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly