Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I found one on a search and I believe that it is her. She has a puppy dog profile pic. Snap chat type thing. I can't click on it though and I am not going to "follow" her.
MOO

And there is a "future wedding dreams" board.

Don't be surprised people go missing on a daily basis here in the US and some are never located. Bryce Laspisa has bright red hair and a distinct tattoo on his arm he's been missing around three years after crashing his SUV at CastIc lake, CA. He may or may not be still alive.

Been following Bryce's case from day 1. The not knowing would kill me as a mother. His case will be solved once the secret he had for his parents is known.

Jackson, MS

I think he has filled up more than once.

The above is my opinion only.
I also wonder if he had previously filled gas cans to avoid having to go to a glass station

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

The only thing that makes any sense is he actually gained some useful knowledge in teaching forensics (or looking up info online) and that has helped him stay off the grid and hidden. I'm sure LE has techniques that will outsmart him. He couldn't possibly know every maneuver and he has a huge disadvantage - arrogance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LE isn't going to find this guy, it's going to be someone in the public that finally stumbles across them............................someday...............somewhere. I could see this taking a couple of months before they resurface again.

Question...how many of us check our license plates every day? I don't. Think he switched plates? I know people who save plates from different states. If he did th at people wouldn't look twice at say...a silver Rogue in Texas with Texas plates.

I have to be honest, I don't even know the license plate number of my Jeep. I never look at it, it could be stolen and I probably wouldn't notice right away. I know my Camaro's only because I've had it since I was 16. I wonder if TC was thinking ahead and had a new license plate ready to go almost immediately after they left.

Question...how many of us check our license plates every day? I don't. Think he switched plates? I know people who save plates from different states. If he did th at people wouldn't look twice at say...a silver Rogue in Texas with Texas plates.
Excellent point. My plates were stolen once... Well I guess it was just one... I like to think I noticed it right away but who knows?

I don't currently have a car, but the last one I did have had these really cute plate frames that I did admire often, so I would have noticed quickly if the frames were gone but probably not just the plate. And if they replaced the plates with their own or something then that may take even longer for someone to notice that their plates are not the numbers they're supposed to be.

Ugh this case.

Jumping off your post...

Speaking of state lines I'm curious about how the Lindbergh Law might apply. Is she too old for it to matter? What would it take to turn this into a capital crime? (I think the death penalty is suspended in TN?) When would the Feds take over?

I'm off to Google but if anyone can explain I would appreciate it!

I'm worried about her and I want him to go away for a long, long time.

The Lindbergh Law applies, that's just in regards to transporting a kidnapped person across state lines and the sentence that can be handed down. It makes the kidnapping a more serious crime with a stiffer sentence when someone is transported across state lines. For this to become a Capital Offense it would have to be really bad, iykwim and I'm hopeful it's not going to go there. CARD can take over at any time, they only need to be invited. For all we know, they may already be involved.

Someone could steal the tags off my pickup truck and I probably wouldn't notice it for 3 months. Who looks at their back bumper anyway?

Can you turn a cellphone on and off remotely?

I have to be honest, I don't even know the license plate number of my Jeep. I never look at it, it could be stolen and I probably wouldn't notice right away. I know my Camaro's only because I've had it since I was 16. I wonder if TC was thinking ahead and had a new license plate ready to go almost immediately after they left.

Old abandoned cars with plates could be stolen. He'll my JEEP plates could be missing right now...I'm gonna go check. Everyone here should pick a state and bombard all social media of parks and camping areas, random pages, Craig's list. Topix....in their chosen state...I'll take south Texas or all of it. I have plenty of time.

The Lindbergh Law applies, that's just in regards to transporting a kidnapped person across state lines and the sentence that can be handed down. It makes the kidnapping a more serious crime with a stiffer sentence when someone is transported across state lines. For this to become a Capital Offense it would have to be really bad, iykwim and I'm hopeful it's not going to go there. CARD can take over at any time, they only need to be invited. For all we know, they may already be involved.

Thank you!

I look at my plates only because I work in a large building and there are at least 2 cars in the parking lot at work that are similar to mine. So I check. Now that I have really loud, Hawaiian print seat covers, I check the plates less often.:giggle: But I agree that most people would not look at their plates on a regular basis and might not notice if they'd been switched.

I'm thinking they are in TN or AL. I don't believe he went far. IMO if he didn't convince her to take a suicide pact then they stayed close and dug in deep. The Wal-Mart purchases have been verified to be legitimate for TCs wife and MIL. JC was with him in the store. TBI has never stated they it he had gotten other supplies before leaving. I think they are in the Great Smokey Mountain Natl park or another state park with deep wilderness. There's a search trying to be organised in Decatur Saturday hopefully it turns up something.

Sent from my LG-K550 using Tapatalk

I Googled TN license plates. In TN, they follow the owner, not the vehicle, and can be transferred to a different vehicle for a $1 fee.

If he contacts his wife, do you think she will inform authorities, or do you think they already have her lines tapped?
I think she will. IMO she wants this resolved. She begged him to turn himself in or let ET go

That is absolutely true, but unfortunately most people who go missing don't trigger a nationwide Amber Alert. Every cop in the country in looking for this guy right now...we're in Phoenix and my husband would love to be the one to nail him. I'm not saying other missing persons aren't as important, because I think that they are, but MSM can be pretty fickle.
Not just your husband. Most of the men in TN want to hunt him down and truckers he should probably be a little scared but since he's CIA I'm sure he's well trained in defense[emoji12]

I Googled TN license plates. In TN, they follow the owner, not the vehicle, and can be transferred to a different vehicle for a $1 fee.
Yes technically you can buy a used car from a private individual and their plate be used if its still valid however most will not let you keep their plate. Too much liablility.

I think she will. IMO she wants this resolved. She begged him to turn himself in or let ET go

If my husband ever did something like that, he better hope the cops could find him before I could because I would kill him.

From WSMV an updated timeline

Timeline of events in the case

- Monday, March 13:

7:30 - 7:45 a.m. - Thomas is dropped off at the Shoney's in Columbia, TN
8:32 a.m. -*Surveillance video*shows Cummins at a nearby Shell station, putting gas in his vehicle
12:41 p.m. - Thomas is entered as missing in NCIC
3:06 p.m. Information places Thomas in the area of Decatur, AL
This is the phone ping
- Tuesday, March 14:

3:49 p.m. - The Maury County Sheriff's Department requests an alert
4:18 p.m. - The TBI issues an Endangered Child Alert
4:49 p.m. - The Maury County Sheriff's Department secures a warrant for Cummins, charging him with sexual contact with a minor
5:53 p.m. - The TBI upgrades its alert to an Amber Alert

- Thursday, March 23:

Possible sighting of Cummins reported at a gas station in Corpus Christi, TX. Police reviewed surveillance footage and said there was no sign of either Cummins or Elizabeth Thomas.*

http://www.wsmv.com/story/34847280/amber-alert-search-continues-for-missing-teen-teacher-from-tn

( Sent from WSMV )
Because of the relatively low number of tips, agents believe Cummins has hidden Thomas away from the general public. The TBI is encouraging property owners, especially those in rural areas, to search their grounds for Thomas and Cummins, the silver Nissan Rogue*or any suspicious activity.

The TBI is also urging officials at campgrounds, parks or any other isolated areas to remain on alert. They are also asking for people to search large parking lots or garages for*Cummins' car.
Anyone who sees a Nissan Rogue with Tennessee tag 976ZPT and can verify the car's license plate number*is asked to call 911.
The TBI added Cummins to the Top 10 Most Wanted list on Friday. He is charged with sexual contact with a minor and aggravated kidnapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member