Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I love Dateline, and 48 hours.I watch every episode and watch the repeats weekly. I'm just giving my opinion. You can't say hes a perv unless you KNOW hes had sex with her.You don't know that.

He is a criminal. That much is true. He took an underage person across state lines without parental permission.

what I find strange about her FB account, is the few friends who liked her posts, do not have anything on their pages asking for help to bring her home :(

US Dept of State lists on their Mexico Travel Warning page specific regions that US citizens should avoid. They also list regions with "no advisory in effect" meaning that although you're taking your chances by traveling to Mexico at all at this point in time, there are still places where it is relatively safe for Americans. Wouldn't surprise me if TC is familiar with US Dept of State travel alerts in general and is trying to use that information to his advantage.

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/alertswarnings/mexico-travel-warning.html

It is pretty easy to find information about drug cartel activity, even to the level of which cartels are in control.

Traveling through non-warned can still be risky I would think.

As stated earlier, I think he is willing to take the risk.

The above is my opinion only.

Why does it feel as if the bad guys are winning at everything lately ??

Is it because I'm following too many unsolved cases ??

If so, why are there so many unsolved ones ?

Semi O/T; Today on Lifetime seems to be all about student/teacher relationships.. which is a trend lately with their movies..... unfortunately.

Oh, I love Dateline, and 48 hours.I watch every episode and watch the repeats weekly. I'm just giving my opinion. You can't say hes a perv unless you KNOW hes had sex with her.You don't know that.

RSBM

True.

Except that this TC comes across as greedy, opportunistic,controlling, egomaniac, cheater and liar. (cheating on your spouse is lying to them)
I doubt he is in this relationship without some sort of 'payback'.

Curious since he traveled internationally before -- maybe this isn't his first rodeo ?

Except we have no evidence he absconded with a young teen before ; but it doesn't mean he didn't prey on vulnerable youth before.

For all we know-- he could've had a brief relationship with a teen girl in a different country and disposed of her after it was over. There are some poor people in other countries , who cannot fund a search--- and to whom the authorities may not even take seriously about their teen going missing ?

The facts of what he's done suggest he has no fear of taking what he wants.
:moo:

I understand that, but I still wouldn't trust them if I were on the run and facing jail time if caught. Just my opinion, even if others say that burner phones can't be traced.

I remember life without phones, as does the perp, and know I could live awhile without one.

jmopinion.

Sure, OK, ...but could a 15 year old girl, who was literally raised on the internet from birth, really live with out it? She might believe she could...But it is unlikely.

Studies have proven that most Generation Z'ers (kids born after 1999) have mild addictions to the Internet\SmartPhones\Technology...Most never had to live without technology...and wouldn't know how to cope. Going cold turkey would be devastating to her....psychologically and emotionally.

i agree. What do they need a phone for? To call in tips?

I can see carrying an iPad or Kindle and checking up on the news when there is free wifi on the road.

Strictly for the Internet access. To follow the LEO search, and to get information needed, like maps, store addresses, weather...

Her facebook page is interesting - why is she posting such sad memes about being broken? Does anyone know? Certainly makes her easy pickin's for a predator.

She seems to have had very very low self esteem. It was reported that her mother was arrested for abuse after throwing her down a flight of stairs, and that she was bullied in school.

Easy to see how a kind and sympathetic (and cunning) mentor and teacher could be her salvation (in her eyes).

Strictly for the Internet access. To follow the LEO search, and to get information needed, like maps, store addresses, weather...

I have an iPod Touch that I use to access the internet when I travel overseas because I don't take my phone with me. It's almost identical to my iPhone just without a phone number associated with it.

Sure, OK, ...but could a 15 year old girl, who was literally raised on the internet from birth, really live with out it? She might believe she could...But it is unlikely.

Studies have proven that most Generation Z'ers (kids born after 1999) have mild addictions to the Internet\SmartPhones\Technology...Most never had to live without technology...and wouldn't know how to cope. Going cold turkey would be devastating to her....psychologically and emotionally.

This was also something I said a couple of days ago. These kids are just not made for roughing it. No way Jose. She will miss her internet, her makeup, her warm food, her clean clothes....

No reason to believe they need to be completely off the grid. They can have burner phones that are not tied to any contract, and can be bought with cash. They are easy and cheap to buy and use. So you must assume, at least he is monitoring the situation and the public information getting release by the MSM and the LEO.

He had weeks to prepare for this, and the longer they are off the grid, the more it seems like he really planned things out...

I look at this in a way that I know he had weeks and weeks to plan and stock up.

I agree that he had plenty of time to plan, and that he indeed had a plan for where they would be staying, at least in the beginning of their adventure.

But I don't think they have phones, because I don't think they plan to call anyone. He is controlling and manipulating her, so I definitely don't think he wants her to have a phone. JMHO. I could be totally wrong.

I don't think, in this situation, life without the internet is "devastating".

Surprisingly, I have witnessed the opposite. While being in a foreign country with teens and without internet access, the teens were somewhat refreshed to live life without the social and expectation of social media pressure. The teens felt more alive when they focused on what was real and in front of them.

I have found that many teens and adults use social media to keep up with others, to have community, and at the same time they know that the life portrayed on social media is heavily skewed to the most positive moments of life. That can create a feeling of living a "loser" life in reality. The "likes" become a contest. This girl must have felt rejection in so many different forms, I don't think social media gave her a reprieve from that. The one exception, is the one she is with now.

I'm not sure that she thinks she needs anyone else or their rejections.

I thread or two back I know we were discussing the camo shirt that she was wearing in the one picture...

After looking through her Facebook it does appear she may have been in ROTC. One of the group's she likes is her schools ROTC and that is their uniform. I am still digging and looking for many pictures of her and to try and find if TC has a secret Facebook account. My gut says he does.

What I do find interesting is people who have ties to her school and community do not seems to be sharing the AA on their Facebook. Many profiles aren't private and have been updated everyday but yet there is no word of this missing girl. I find that strange!

I don't know if they would infiltrate an established community (but maybe!), but I do think that ET could pass for older than 15. She couldn't pass for 50, but she could be considered in her 20s. They might not stand out that much, especially if they are low-key and in an area where people haven't seen news coverage.

jmo

She could not pass for anything other than his daughter or granddaughter, IMHO.

You know they are after you and they are not telling details to help you, GPS, paper maps, not going to stores, look outside the window.

RSBM

True.

Except that this TC comes across as greedy, opportunistic,controlling, egomaniac, cheater and liar. (cheating on your spouse is lying to them)
I doubt he is in this relationship without some sort of 'payback'.

Curious since he traveled internationally before -- maybe this isn't his first rodeo ?

Except we have no evidence he absconded with a young teen before ; but it doesn't mean he didn't prey on vulnerable youth before.

For all we know-- he could've had a brief relationship with a teen girl in a different country and disposed of her after it was over. There are some poor people in other countries , who cannot fund a search--- and to whom the authorities may not even take seriously about their teen going missing ?

The facts of what he's done suggest he has no fear of taking what he wants.
:moo:

I agree he was a cheater to some extent but he may have just been trying to boost her ego with no other real intentions.Her, on the other hand wanted OUT and she wanted out NOW !

On the run, he might be losing weight. Something to consider too. He might be looking slimmer soon. jmo
I agree that his looks may change, but you have to start with an accurate description.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member