Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arg, I knew I should have taken screenshots as soon as I first looked at her IG.

I don't remember mission "almost" complete.

Did it always say almost?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
Does Instagram not show "edited" like Facebook does if you change the caption? I can't check that, I don't have an IG account.

Arg, I knew I should have taken screenshots as soon as I first looked at her IG.

I don't remember mission "almost" complete.

Did it always say almost?

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

I do think I remember one saying almost completed, but I can't be sure.

The slight changes in number of followers could be due to several things.

But it doesn't appear to me that IG allows you to change captions. Only to delete and repost a new one (with the new date). I have tried on my IG account and read in the IG help forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several of you have mentioned the cult aspect. As some one who is pretty well versed in different camps within the Christian faith, it is my opinion that his local faith groups weren't the types that usually lead to this sort of extremism.

Often it's ultra conservative, right wing extremists who might be prone to living in seclusion, believing they're the only ones who can hear God, or a specific stream of Mormonism (not all) that believe in taking child brides.

However, Tad's churches--imho--are non-denominational ones that appear pretty moderate. They had rock music, encouraged humanitarianism, and so forth. I recognized some of the influencers he quoted from the faith and many of them would be neutral enough that a lot of us would look at them as inspirational. The people involved in the churches also seemed like mainstream middle class people most of us would view as normal (as opposed to more radicalized religious people who dress or behave differently).

And Tad himself seemed like he drew from all camps. He has countless quotes from motivational gurus and other religious sources that would be considered more aligned to Buddhist philosophies. He had a few political posts that swing a bit Democrat, even though he seemed to be voting for Trump.

I think Tad was fighting demons in himself and eventually started rationalizing behavior he knew was wrong. I think the delusions he holds now--that he can start a new life--are the product of his own psychology not one that was groomed by radicals.

This is my opinion based on what I have seen and read now. If anyone notices a connection to a very extreme religious group in his networks, that I missed, I would love to take another look and re-evaluate.

Without giving too much detail, I have worked with victims of religious abuse many times. While it's always a valid thought pattern to suspect this, my own opinion is that he doesn't have help, but that if he does, it's not help from a religious cult.

I think many things in Tad's situation and social media feeds would disqualify and ostracize him from cult members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think he was in a cult church, or the news media would have picked that up.

Steelman, I'm coming in late, but I'm not sure about the religious cult idea. I study them as a hobby, so I'm no expert. However, IMO, unless TC has an established relationship with a cult, I don't see him getting in with them easily. They are usually quite insular, and don't trust outsiders.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

What if other sexual offenders are helping him?

They do stick together you know. They even have their own hidden websites.

Just a thought. JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

142 people are browsing this thread right now. Have ALL of you done something to help spread the word about this child?

Just a thought. JMO

I had the same thought. I wonder if he is savvy enough to use the deep web to communicate with other sex offenders.

Do you think TC is having/had a psychotic breakdown?
I can't make sense of the fact he has no priors and is fifty years old.

Now, if his computer is loaded with perverted material, that's another matter.
We don't know yet one way or another though.
IMO, a true psychotic break looks a lot more chaotic than this. His behavior is reprehensible, but he did not seem to be completely erratic. If he was experiencing psychosis, I think he would not have been making sense when he talked, he would have been paranoid, etc. He wouldn't have the presence of mind to carry this out the way he has so far. I think it would have been very clear, and LE would know about it. Psychosis, IMO, looks nothing like this.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Just a thought. JMO

That is also usually on the dark net and I have no experience with TOR and the dark net. Some really computer savvy people here might and and could search through it. Dark net isn't just for bad things.

MCElizabethsSISTER, if I may ask, has anyone from the Cummins family reached out to anyone in your family? Or is all communication from them being transmitted to your family via law enforcement?

Thinking about you and your family and praying that today is the day that Elizabeth comes home.

ET will eventually want someone closer to her age.
imagejpeg

142 people are browsing this thread right now. Have ALL of you done something to help spread the word about this child?

I think maybe we can try getting some posters hung around the checkouts at Bass Pro Shops and other hardware stores and outdoors type stores. Could help with awareness for anyone camping, hunting, fishing in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaylacalifa