Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so with a new SIM they can be using the existing device with a new number for calls, texts, teathering to the Internet undetected, with LE looking for the old now unused number?

I think then the ping in Decatur was a slip when the SIM was switched.IMO
Yes they could be.

Generally you are going to turn off the phone to remove the SIM. It would help to know what kind of phone she had. If it was an iPhone or certain Samsungs, then the battery can't be removed. You can remove the SIM with the phone on with those phones, most people won't, you usually have to reboot after switching.

Many, many other phones, you pop the back off and no reason to turn the phone on to change the SIM.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how theories have become facts, but it keeps happening with all sorts of made up stuff. The most recent is this waterpark nonsense. There has been zero reporting that the phone was pinged at or near a waterpark and that is nothing more than a possible location, of many possible locations, that someone where theorized about. No one anywhere of authority has stated a waterpark is involved, so if you read that somewhere please provide the link right away.
No one said it was pinged at a Waterpark.

I went back to that the other day. I'm wondering if the water park in Decatur was used as a cover either to ET or ET and TC used it to throw people off. Her phone was pinged there to give more time and people think "well maybe he did just take her to the Water Park for the day and she will be home by 6."

No one has reported the phone being found. The phone might not have been ditched. The phone could be on their possession and turned off and SIM card removed.

I did read LE is pinging her phone about every 40 minutes since she disappeared.
No one said it was pinged at a Waterpark.
Actually, above is where it was stated as fact, which it is not.

Also, where did you read her phone is being pinged every 40 minutes? Please provide the link.

Also, where did you read her phone is being pinged every 40 minutes? Please provide the link.
You misread. I'm saying pinged there in Decatur.

<modsnip> It shouldn't be a surprise that LE would continue to ping the phone.

Ok her sister said she never left without her makeup. Is it possible she kept her toothbrush in something in her make up case?

I mean I wouldn't but it's possible she has a big shower/makeup type bag with hair, makeup and hygiene items

I went back to that the other day. I'm wondering if the water park in Decatur was used as a cover either to ET or ET and TC used it to throw people off. Her phone was pinged there to give more time and people think "well maybe he did just take her to the Water Park for the day and she will be home by 6."

"There" is Decatur, which is a fact of where it pinged that we have all know since the Amber Alert was issued.

I mean I wouldn't but it's possible she has a big shower/makeup type bag with hair, makeup and hygiene items
I have thrown my toothbrush in a plastic carrier in my makeup bag before. Also with a lot of kids and maybe not a lot of bathrooms, very possible she kept it in a toothbrush case in her bag.

"There" is Decatur, which is a fact of where it pinged that we have all know since the Amber Alert was issued.

Prefacing a statement with "I'm wondering " is also a pretty good indicator that what follows is NOT a statement of fact. At any rate, I was the one who asked you about the water park thing, and I completely understood that your response was that this was a theory and not fact.

Just adding my 2 cents because I can.

Prefacing a statement with "I'm wondering " is also a pretty good indicator that what follows is NOT a statement of fact. At any rate, I was the one who asked you about the water park thing, and I completely understood that your response was that this was a theory and not fact.

Just adding my 2 cents because I can.
BINGO! Also you ASKED when you thought maybe pinged at a Waterpark. [emoji6]

Please be careful how things are worded. They are not fact unless the info is provided by family, MSM or LE. Saying something in statement form versus questioning or theory reads as fact, which leads people on falsely. Slow down and add IMO, JMO, "I was thinking", "in my opinion", or word it so it's obvious it's just your personal theory, opinion or something you read somewhere that is rumor. One sentence starts as wondering, the next as a factual statement.

New readers will not know each of our posting styles to be able to differentiate. Heck, I'm not new and even I went running to look for an article about phone pings in a waterpark in Decatur before I realized it was a made up story.

These are just my opinions on how to responsibly post in a way that is obvious to readers.

Please be careful how things are worded. They are not fact unless the info is provided by family, MSM or LE. Saying something in statement form versus questioning or theory reads as fact, which leads people on falsely. Slow down and add IMO, JMO, "I was thinking", "in my opinion", or word it so it's obvious it's just your personal theory, opinion or something you read somewhere that is rumor.

New readers will not know each of our posting styles to be able to differentiate. Heck, I'm not new and even I went running to look for an article about phone pings in a waterpark in Decatur before I realized it was a made up story.

These are just my opinions on how to responsibly post in a way that is obvious to readers.
I worded it exactly and the only thing I stated as fact about it was it was pinged in Decatur.

I'm wondering if the water park in Decatur was used as a cover either to ET or ET and TC used it to throw people off. Her phone was pinged there to give more time and people think "well maybe he did just take her to the Water Park for the day and she will be home by 6."

You misread and didn't even ask. I'm wondering if the Waterpark was used as cover, is not stating a fact.

The fact is the phone was pinged in Decatur.

Yes in some places they are but also in the South, people are pretty welcoming of someone that wants to be part of the community. Now with the issues of her mother and the abuse, etc.. I'm sure that was known to many, people would look down on that and some people, incorrectly, could likely claim the kids as "white trash" putting the mother's "sins" on them.

Yes, that has been my experience as a Yankee in the South. The combination, though, of whatever led to the restraining order and the fact that Mom is a Yankee could add up to the kids being treated as "outsiders." Much easier to make outsiders the objects of bullies. This all goes to why ET might have wanted to leave. Which does not mean she is not a victim - at all. But means she may appear to be happy if anyone is looking for her.

Hello all. I came to WS when Abby & Libby were found and have stumbled into a wonderful community with tons of like-minded people out there. First time posting here too. Trying to play catch up ... can someone direct me to an overview of the case? I know I am in Indiana but it seems this guy could be going anywhere IMO. Better to throw the net as far as we can right? TIA

From what I've seen the phone is being pinged every 45 minutes or so.

I can't imagine LE wouldn't report any pings because a ping is all we have for any sighting.

By the phone being pinged every 45 minutes do you mean by LE calling ET's number? Given the information posted above regarding a replacement SIM card that seems pointless as it is now a new phone (and number).

I wondered why taking the phone with her, now makes sense if it was intended to be used with a new card. ET could be in contact with friends now and not detected as it is another number and possibly using Google Voice or other SM messaging platforms.to communicate and further complicate the trail.

In the article the father referenced a best friend she talked to every day IIRC. Wonder if this was the best friend that drove her to the restaurant too? ET may have communicated to her using the now new phone number and nobody knows. And maybe this is how the friend knows she is safe.

All of this me guessing out loud.

BORROWING CLOTHES (swimsuit) is very common among girls.

Agree. I don't believe elizabeth went willingly with a rational mind. I don't feel that she's living in an exotic paradise. I feel that she went with him apprehensivly, with falsely inflated hope. I feel that by now that's a distant memory and she's being held against her will. I pray that she can break free.

BBM. Perfectly stated. I so agree with this. She's a kid. From a sheltered background and abused on top of that. To paint her as some wanton, experienced teen who is willfully gallivanting around with this 50 year old man, determined to stay hidden with him and engage in a "romance" with this predator, totally defies logic.

She's a confused, manipulated kid who is likely super terrified now, in incredible danger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay