Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to ET's sister posting here, the folks at Shoney's haven't been very cooperative either. There's a whole LOT of "something's not right here" with this wretched mess.

Is there anyway to put public pressure on Shoney's to start cooperating? I don't usually advocate public PR ***** storms, but if there is ever the case to start one, this would qualify.

ET hid from TC when he tried to see her at work. "One of Thomas family lawyers told WKRN that, at some point before the March 13 disappearance, Cummins came into Elizabeth's work place. The teen hid in a bathroom and urged a co-worker to tell the teacher that she wasn't there." http://patch.com/tennessee/nashville...ns-family-says (this was also confirmed by Sister)

Above quote taken from Mom24's post.

Do we know where ET worked?

Is there anyway to put public pressure on Shoney's to start cooperating? I don't usually advocate public PR ***** storms, but if there is ever the case to start one, this would qualify.

Stop patronizing the place.

News about the girl who dropped her off at Shoney's not being cooperative and Shoney's not being cooperative was announced days ago. It could be they are being cooperative at this point but we just haven't heard about it. Maybe the girl is the one that put the idea into LE's minds that they might be in Mexico.

IMO

According to ET's sister posting here, the folks at Shoney's haven't been very cooperative either. There's a whole LOT of "something's not right here" with this wretched mess.

Plus someone posted a Shoneys photo here that clearly showed a video camera outside the building near the entrance. Maybe it was broken but it was there.

I believe in may. But I am pregnant and have trouble remembering what I walked up the stairs to do most of the time so.... I could be wrong.
media pack has document from family lawyers lists as 5/17.
She'll be 16 in about a month

Found this quote online:
"Affairs and fantasies are a way to protest adult responsibilities." Atyone else think TC here...
https://psychcentral.com/lib/when-fantasy-crosses-the-line/2/

I've thought that from the very beginning. I don't see Cummins so much as a master manipulator (not within his peer group anyway) but rather as a man who is very immature, profoundly insecure and with a highly idealized view of love. Taken with the fact that he's been married to one woman since he was 18 years old, and has a very religious background , you can easily see how it's possible that there's an element of rebelling against his adult life situation at play here.

JMO

http://wkrn.com/2017/03/26/video-shows-elizabeth-thomas-sewing-speaking-with-brother/amp/

I still have question about this video---I don't know much about video flipping BUT-- WE know ET is left-handed--
In this video she uses her right hand for sewing but also gestures with her right hand while her left hand stays mostly by her side. Kat,ET's sister has stated she is 100% left-handed. My question is IF this video was flipped,wouldn't the sewing machine also be flipped. The sewing machine to me looks like the correct orientation in the video. Can someone please explain this and video flipping to me. Also, if Kat can answer this, is the brother righthand dominant?

An area county/state that has no waiting period. No blood test.

Another thing that will be required is id. So ET will need id making her at least 18.
This may have been suggested before, but is there any indication ET may be using TC'S wife's name as an alias? It would certainly make things easier as far as selling the car or travelling out of country, getting fake id's, etc. As her husband and with plenty of free time on his hands it seems he could easily access the necessary info.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

WAIT!

**why** would Shoney's, or someone employed by the restaurant put the bag "outside". I left a bag a work once...no one put it outside, they put it behind the counter assuming I would be back to pick it up...

Somethings not right here...

My opinion it was a signal to him that she was there and pick her up.
In the gas station video he looks back at the restaurant before getting back in the car.
Standing outside with her bags would draw attention. So I think the bag was the signal.
(and not using cells to text because they has already gone dark by that point

I have wondered what the "something is off" element could be.

Just imagining here...

What if Tad came up with an elaborate story of some sort (that Elizabeth was previously abused and now her life is in danger etc) and confided in some people a month or so ago. What if he said--for instance, completely hypothetically--that Elizabeth felt threatened that if she testified against her mom or something, she would be killed.

Not saying at all this is what happened or that if Tad constructed a story that it would be this one.

Just saying that I am an adult who has been in education and also involved in the Christian faith for all of my adult life. I also don't have a criminal record. So if I suddenly began confidentially telling a few trusted friends some sort of lie, I think there's a really chance they would either believe me...or at least believe me enough to reserve judgment until I was found.

Again, not saying this is likely, but just saying something like this might explain why there are some hold outs among Tad's friends.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I think the teen that dropped ET at Shoneys probably talked to LE initially, and after the interview her parents didn't want her continue to be interviewed. LE often interviews witnesses many times (I know this from experience). It can be very stressful, and I imagine more so for a teenager. It's possible she's completely innocent in this entire situation, and her parents want to protect her.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am happy to help as well.

Ways to narrow down the search:
- Tennessee (and surrounding states, most likely southern states)
- Timeframe - March 13 & onward
- Similar names ( Ex. Tim & Maria )
- Super generic last names (Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... etc.)

Any other ideas?

Perhaps familial names associated with one or the other?

>even if the minor must be put through the ringer to co-operate.

You understand that its statements like this, that make some of us weary of cooperating with law enforcement sometimes. If my one of my kids were involved in something of this magnitude, you can bet we would get a lawyer before we said anymore after the initial statement. Especially as this has blown up into something much much bigger and complicated.

Any sadly, and typically, the lawyers tell you to say nothing unless subpoenaed.

So if anything else is to come from the girl who dropped her off, it will need to not be forced, but volunteered, because the girl or her family believe its the right thing to do.

This is turning into an ugly situation for everyone involved...anyone who knew them...its such a shame... :(

I am a retired LE with a lot of experience in interviewing juveniles. When I say put her through the ringer, I don't nessicarily mean strong-arming her but there are ways to open her up to co-operating. And when you say that is what makes people weary of co-operating with LE, well peoples lives are at stake, so I have no respect for that at all coming from an adult. A CHILDS life is more important than anything,and I speak from experience of 25 years in LE. Sorry for the rant and don't even get me started on lawyers.

That was they guy he reported as TC? Lol he doesn't look like him at all. This guy looks in thirties.

He hit a mail box (which he paid for) and after all the crap local authorities put him through yesterday, they still took him to jail? Seriously ? For a mailbox crime ?! WTH ?!

This reminds me of the Zahra Baker case where her stepmother Eliza Baker had committed bigamy and was married to someone else when she married Adam Baker. EB was from NC, so who knows how she managed that? She is as far as i know still incarcerated for Zahra's murder, and can't remember if she was ever charged with bigamy, but there are obviously ways around that.

Yes I do remember this case it was horrible.

WTF?!?! What the hell is going on in the town of Columbia, Tennessee??

He hit a mail box (which he paid for) and after all the crap local authorities put him through yesterday, they still took him to jail? Seriously ? For a mailbox crime ?! WTH ?!

Ridiculous. LE needs to make themselves look good. He must have really needed that reward money because that guy and his daughter look nothing like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme