Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I understand what you are saying,with her being a minor, if LE thinks she knows more than what she is saying, sensitivity to the girl is not important at this point. ET must be brought home at any cost,even if the minor must be put through the ringer to co-operate. Also,LE should put pressure on the parents to co-operate also. Now if they have tried this and she just still clams up,than not much they can do---at the moment.

This was what I was thinking.

Thank you! I am happy to help as well.

Ways to narrow down the search:
- Tennessee (and surrounding states, most likely southern states)
- Timeframe - March 13 & onward
- Similar names ( Ex. Tim & Maria )
- Super generic last names (Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... etc.)

Any other ideas?

One more related link. This gives the minimum age and rules for each state. So we could focus on searching records in the states that allow younger (15 and 16 year olds) to marry.

When does she turn 16 again? Soon? Anyone remember? Kat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you! I am happy to help as well.

Ways to narrow down the search:
- Tennessee (and surrounding states, most likely southern states)
- Timeframe - March 13 & onward
- Similar names ( Ex. Tim & Maria )
- Super generic last names (Mr. & Mrs. Smith ... etc.)

Any other ideas?

An area county/state that has no waiting period. No blood test.

Another thing that will be required is id. So ET will need id making her at least 18.

Long time lurker, first time poster (Hello everybody)

Maybe I've been watching to much Law and Order SVU but why aren't they holding this friend that dropped off E.T for questioning? She could be the key they need to finding them.
ThatGeminiGuy

:welcome:

:greetings:

:fireworks:
We are happy you are here!

I highly doubt she would be listed as younger than 18... there can't be too many recent marriages of a minor so it shouldn't take long to verify just in case.

Do all places require listing age?

While I understand what you are saying,with her being a minor, if LE thinks she knows more than what she is saying, sensitivity to the girl is not important at this point. ET must be brought home at any cost,even if the minor must be put through the ringer to co-operate. Also,LE should put pressure on the parents to co-operate also. Now if they have tried this and she just still clams up,than not much they can do---at the moment.
There are laws in place that protect minors regardless of how sensitive the situation is, unfortunetly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

One more related link. This gives the minimum age and rules for each state. So we could focus on searching records in the states that allow younger (15 and 16 year olds) to marry.

When does she turn 16 again? Soon? Anyone remember? Kat?

I believe in may. But I am pregnant and have trouble remembering what I walked up the stairs to do most of the time so.... I could be wrong.

ET left a bag behind at Shoney's, but it was later gone. The story goes that it was left outside and picked up by someone.
Shoney's had no working surveillance camera (per Sister) and ""We believe for one reason or another she left one of these bags behind and it disappeared later that day," said DA Brent Cooper.Cooper said someone either took the bag or Elizabeth may have come back for it" http://whnt.com/2017/03/24/da-elizab...dissapearance/

The above quote is from mom2's summary a few posts back.

A few things that bother me - just thinking out loud and all JMO. I feel like ET was terribly torn on the day she disappeared. It sounds to me that she had plans to run away with TC (because she packed a bag), but changed her mind. Waking her sister to call LE if she wasn't home by 6pm tells me that maybe she planned to handle the situation herself. Being mature for her age, maybe she thought she could spend some time with TC and let him down gently.

Then ET freaks out, changes her mind and asks to be taken home. When her friend couldn't take her home, she goes to Shoney's as planned. Maybe when TC pulled up she was really nervous, left her bag inside intentionally, planning to run out and tell him she had changed her mind. TC probably slathered on the charm or ordered her into the car (she is in over her head and complies).

Do we know what time someone put her bag outside? Was it her only bag, or did she have more than one? She may have come back for it, but my guess is it was stolen.

I guess I'm just trying to get inside ET's head. I feel terrible for her. The things that happened that morning prove to me that TC is scum and ET was taken against her will. I do, however, believe that ET is street smart enough to play along in order save herself and will return home. JMO MOO

The above quote is from mom2's summary a few posts back.

A few things that bother me - just thinking out loud and all JMO. I feel like ET was terribly torn on the day she disappeared. It sounds to me that she had plans to run away with TC (because she packed a bag), but changed her mind. Waking her sister to call LE if she wasn't home by 6pm tells me that maybe she planned to handle the situation herself. Being mature for her age, maybe she thought she could spend some time with TC and let him down gently.

Then ET freaks out, changes her mind and asks to be taken home. When her friend couldn't take her home, she goes to Shoney's as planned. Maybe when TC pulled up she was really nervous, left her bag inside intentionally, planning to run out and tell him she had changed her mind. TC probably slathered on the charm or ordered her into the car (she is in over her head and complies).

Do we know what time someone put her bag outside? Was it her only bag, or did she have more than one? She may have come back for it, but my guess is it was stolen.

I guess I'm just trying to get inside ET's head. I feel terrible for her. The things that happened that morning prove to me that TC is scum and ET was taken against her will. I do, however, believe that ET is street smart enough to play along in order save herself and will return home. JMO MOO

WAIT!

**why** would Shoney's, or someone employed by the restaurant put the bag "outside". I left a bag a work once...no one put it outside, they put it behind the counter assuming I would be back to pick it up...

Somethings not right here...

I highly doubt she would be listed as younger than 18... there can't be too many recent marriages of a minor so it shouldn't take long to verify just in case.

Do all places require listing age?

Yes. :)

WAIT!

**why** would Shoney's, or someone employed by the restaurant put the bag "outside". I left a bag a work once...no one put it outside, they put it behind the counter assuming I would be back to pick it up...

Exactly!

I don't care what other forum you follow, but if you talk about it here, and can't even post a link, then your post WILL BE removed. Keep it up, and you'll find your posting privileges suspended.

Bessie
WS ADMINISTRATOR

I believe in may. But I am pregnant and have trouble remembering what I walked up the stairs to do most of the time so.... I could be wrong.

Congratulations, Friedgreentomatoes!! :baby:
Oy, I can remember putting the milk in the cupboard and finding it a little too late, lol

Part of our brains shut down when expecting. :facepalm:

WAIT!

According to ET's sister posting here, the folks at Shoney's haven't been very cooperative either. There's a whole LOT of "something's not right here" with this wretched mess.

I don't believe TC has any documented history of violence. He doesn't seem to have any history of any type of issues. I doubt ET is in any serious danger, but there is no way to be 100% sure. If he is willing to go this far, who is to say how much farther he would go. I also doubt her medical problems are life threatening.
Considering the fact that ET has allergies and an Epipen, I would say that her medical issues are likely life threatening. An Epipen can treat anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis can absolutely cause death rather quickly if not treated.

Also, we do not know what LE has learned from interviews and emails. I think they have good reasons to list her as endangered. He may not have DOCUMENTED violent tendencies, but we do not know for sure what his tendencies truly are behind closed doors.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

>even if the minor must be put through the ringer to co-operate.

You understand that its statements like this, that make some of us weary of cooperating with law enforcement sometimes. If my one of my kids were involved in something of this magnitude, you can bet we would get a lawyer before we said anymore after the initial statement. Especially as this has blown up into something much much bigger and complicated.

Any sadly, and typically, the lawyers tell you to say nothing unless subpoenaed.

So if anything else is to come from the girl who dropped her off, it will need to not be forced, but volunteered, because the girl or her family believe its the right thing to do.

This is turning into an ugly situation for everyone involved...anyone who knew them...its such a shame... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member