Found Safe TN - Mary Catherine Elizabeth Thomas, 15, Maury County, 13 March 2017 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just reported on Channel 4 out of Nashville that ET's father was sent two still shots from the security camera, and he said that it was definitely ET at the gas station, his own daughter.

I'm starting to smell a big rat here..................why is the TBI so quick to dismiss all of this without even going to the scene ? Is it possible they have these two under surveillance somewhere else ?
It is possible.

Long time lurker, first time poster :wave:

Fervently hoping there was a credible sighting and a solid lead somewhere in this. It's been so frustrating going so long without any new info at all.

:welcome:

The witness who called in did ALL the right things - a van with temporary tags fits this situation exactly. I would rather see 100 false alarms that turn up one real sighing than have witnesses hold back for fear of being wrong.

THE ODDS
Do we know if Elizabeth is happy right now? No, we dont but the odds are against it.
Do we know if TC will bring her home if she asks? No, but the odds aren't good. It all has a high potential for danger.

Guys, sorry I don't mean to be a killjoy. But can we get off the media bashing please. I work in the media (not anywhere near this story) and it's so frustrating to hear this all the time.

Media or news, will always go with what police say. That's a fact. If the police make a mistake, then it's their fault, not the medias. They are legit doing their job.

And to be honest, unless you have some inside information, you really don't know how it works, how we get stories, confirmations etc.

And yes I realize that the news can be wrong for sure. That does happen. But in this instance, it was not their fault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "media" lady with Channel 5 out of Memphis reported that Tad Cummins license plate was on the back of the white van parked at Krystal's restaurant. I heard it with my own ears as did dozens of other people in here. That was wrong. Period. I doubt that info. came from the cops.

That white van was sitting in the Krystal's parking lot for an awfully long time...seems odd that the owner would have been obliviously eating a hamburger while every cop in Memphis swarmed around his van. It wasn't until 2 or 3 hours later that the "owner" showed up, with a girl who did look an awful lot like ET. Maybe they staged it so the media would think it was nothing more than a mistaken identify and back off.

Yeah, not to be sexist or assign gender to a work van or anything, but what young woman like that drives a work van with pipes on the ladder rack? Something for sure doesn't add up. With TC being armed and all, I don't think they want media anywhere near where things will eventually go down.... JMO

The "media" lady with Channel 5 out of memphis reported that Tad Cummins license plate was on the back of the white van parked at Krystal's restaurant. I heard it with my own ears as did dozens of other people in here. That was wrong. Period.
yup! but, this case is like the Transformers theme..... there's more than meets the eye.

Guys, sorry I don't mean to be a killjoy. But can we get off the media bashing please. I work in the media (not anywhere near this story) and it's so frustrating to hear this all the time.

Media or news, will always go with what police say. That's a fact. If the police make a mistake, then it's their fault, not the medias. They are legit doing their job.

And to be honest, unless you have some inside information, you really don't know how it works, how we get stories, confirmations etc.

And yes I realize that the news can be wrong for sure. That does happen. But in this instance, it was not their fault.

In this particular case, all the media had to do was make clear from the get-go that TBI (and I'm guessing the FBI as well) has the ultimate authority when it comes to confirmation of TC and ET in any sightings and that the TBI confirmation was still pending. It's a quick clarification that would have only taken once sentence to convey. Apologies if you were offended, my post was not personal at all to individuals who work in media.

The "media" lady with Channel 5 out of Memphis reported that Tad Cummins license plate was on the back of the white van parked at Krystal's restaurant. I heard it with my own ears as did dozens of other people in here. That was wrong. Period. I doubt that info. came from the cops.

No I understand that, and that may have been wrong. I'm talking about the police who confirmed the sighting before TBI said no it wasn't them.

Two different things but yeah no, not sure where she got that from.

In this particular case, all the media had to do was make clear from the get-go that TBI (and I'm guessing the FBI as well) has the ultimate authority when it comes to confirmation of TC and ET in any sightings and that the TBI confirmation was still pending. It's a quick clarification that would have only taken once sentence to convey. Apologies if you were offended, my post was not personal at all to individuals who work in media.

Oh gosh, not offended. Just need to clarify things sometimes.

Again, when it comes from law enforcement.. we tend to just go with it because it's 99.9% factual. It doesn't matter if there's two different levels of LE cause often they'll gather info together and decide what to release etc etc. Anyway, it's all good.. just feel the need to defend my job sometimes.. it's gets bashed a lot [emoji4]

I did see the tweet on the last thread that talked about the bolo being updated to TC having shaved off his facial hair. However when you click on the link that the reporter had with it, it goes to an "updated" story of the mess from this afternoon and there isn't anything that I could find about the shaved facial hair. TBI's last update on the bolo on their website is from March 21.

Does anyone have a link that shows that the TBI actually did update the bolo to include the shaved facial hair?

Go to the scanner!!:)

Back to I believe they are on a missionary trip in another country just like LE and inside edition thought possible. I googled it and it all makes sense.

I never get too excited on these sighting been disappointed too many times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState