GUILTY TN - Maurice Brown, 3, Memphis, 1 July 2012

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am so sad to think about what this angel had to endure those last precious moments of his life. I am however grateful that he was found, and Maurice will have the burial he deserves, unlike some of the cases here on WS.

A person capable of something like this will do absolutely anything," Memphis Police Director Toney Armstrong said in a press conference Tuesday night. "I, certainly as the father of a small child, can't even begin to imagine what would prompt somebody or trigger somebody to not only react violently to a small 3-year-old child ... but to dispose of the body in such a manner is just unimaginable

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2012/jul/03/memphis-police-find-body-dumpster-near-where-3-yea/

Also from this commercial appeal article:

Child Advocacy Center spokesman Beryl Wight said no plans have been made to raise the flag for Maurice Jr., but that may change when further information is released.

What? Raise the flag please!

Zachary Harris, 37, said he told police that, during daylight hours Sunday, he saw a car cruising along Allen near the trash bin. He added that a man he thought looked like Brown was driving and a woman was in the passenger seat.

Wondering if this is who was watching the 1 y/o while dad was disposing of precious MB Jr. Was anyone else arrested?

Little Maurice should be celebrating the 4th of July today. I applaud Memphis LE for finding him so he can be properly laid to rest.

Also from this commercial appeal article:

What? Raise the flag please!

Wondering if this is who was watching the 1 y/o while dad was disposing of precious MB Jr. Was anyone else arrested?

Little Maurice should be celebrating the 4th of July today. I applaud Memphis LE for finding him so he can be properly laid to rest.

Hmmmm a woman?
His GF maybe?
Does he live with someone? I would think yes because i surely dont believe he raises these children alone.
Could she have killed the child?

Hmmmm a woman?
His GF maybe?
Does he live with someone? I would think yes because i surely dont believe he raises these children alone.

I don't think she killed the child because I think a woman would have cleaned up the telltale mess in the bathroom, unlike Maurice Senior. He was outside telling the press about how the boy was nabbed by rival gang members, meanwhile his bathroom was drenched in the poor baby's blood. :furious:

I don't think she killed the child because I think a woman would have cleaned up the telltale mess in the bathroom, unlike Maurice Senior. He was outside telling the press about how the boy was nabbed by rival gang members, meanwhile his bathroom was drenched in the poor baby's blood. :furious:

True but im thinking she was there!
Why didnt they clean it up?

My question is why didnt LE look thru the home right away they would have seen the blood right? And Mr suave wouldnt be out giving interviews! He would have been in jail!

Hmmmm a woman?
His GF maybe?

He wasn't raising Maurice, Jr. He was there on a visitation, but lived with his mother in AR, according to some of the articles linked.
It's possible he lives with the mother of the 1 year old, but if not, then he was babysitting that child as well.
I have no doubt that he killed this child, but if that woman was with him when he disposed of the little boy's body, then she can be arrested as an accomplice.

Hmmmm a woman?
His GF maybe?

I wondered about this as well. On his FB which is linked upthread, I saw several pics & references to a really pretty girl whom he called the love of his life. From some of the post on there it appeared that they were really close so it makes me wonder if she was there when it happened. I didn't want to point the finger at her but I do wonder what she knows at the very least.

True but im thinking she was there!
Why didnt they clean it up?

My question is why didnt LE look thru the home right away they would have seen the blood right? And Mr suave wouldnt be out giving interviews! He would have been in jail!

They did search the home and see the blood.....

omg, they found him in the trash.....that is horrific. (sorry havent checked in all day) that poor baby....

agree---with the heat decomp was very rapid----no one wants LE to attempt to remove the body on the site-----warning graphic----the body could literally fall apart.
I am so sorry sweet little angel. No child should ever be punished in any way for a tolieting accident!!!!!

Anyone read some of the comments on MB facebook?
Under the photo's of this sweet little baby..

https://www.facebook.com/maurice.y.brown.7

I checked. I also saw where there was a picture of a little girl he posted & said she was his daughter. About 5 or 6 years old. Sad. Another child who will have to live through this growing up.

There's pretty many comments on other pictures too. Some are just shocked. Some not real nice towards Sr. Sr. liked to brag it appears about himself & what he had done for his boys recently like buy them some clothes. One comment on twitter I found he said something like just sitting here watching my boys tear up the f'ing house.

I think he wasn't able to know how to take care of his children without a lot of parenting classes etc.. & should never have had Maurice Jr. around him. He obviously lost it. There's no excusing what he did. Hope he rots.

jmo

All cases involving a baby losing their life have a profound effect on me, but for some reason, this one has gotten to me the most. I don't know why, but it has. I think just knowing that his own father beat him to death then just dumped him in the garbage is what kills me. So senseless. My heart breaks for that baby and what he must have felt during his last moments on earth as he was dying at the hands of his own dad. :(

This cared more about his gang family than his actual family.

Well, this will be a rude awakening for him. While, yes, gangs generally commit a lot of unnecessary violence, even the most violent gangs adhere to a code of honor. Harming a child is unforgivable, even to the most hardened gang members. He'll be shown no mercy and offered no protection in prison. He did the unspeakable. As a gang member, his children were considered part of the family, so he killed one of their own. I wouldn't be surprised if another inmate does to him what he did to that poor baby.

So wait... police walked into the house and the bathroom was covered in blood?
I was thinking they had used luminol and found blood that had been cleaned up... but it was all still there?

I was thinking they had used luminol and found blood that had been cleaned up... but it was all still there?

No, I think there was a cursory clean up attempt. But cops saw instantly, that there was a lot of blood splatter in the bathroom I believe.

"Page grew emotional, learning of the blood spattered all over the bathroom of Brown's apartment."
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_...oy-maurice-brown-jr.s-body-found-in-dumpster/

ETA: Oh yea, thanks AndiLA, there was that bloody hand towel left in the bathroom too.

Yep. Blood splatter on the walls, a pool of blood in the closet, drops of blood in/around the tub, and a bloody towel.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiyasofya
Back