Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, I *lived* in San Diego and knew about these tours and wasn't even thinking...

Age 6+, 2 miles out...

http://adventure.everydaycalifornia.com/tour/whale-watching-tour/

https://www.expedia.com/things-to-d...hing-kayak-adventure.a272347.activity-details

And apparently people fish in kayaks seven miles out!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29427996/big-fish-caught-by-man-in-small-kayak

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

He does fishing tours with special kayaks. He's the only one I think.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did a quick look on the web on how you analyze handwriting. It's very basic but here's what is scrawl indicates:
He's outgoing. He is self-controlled and reliable. He is not always practical. He is healthy and forceful. He is arrogant and dishonest. He is fixated on ideas. He is anxious.

A lot fits.

https://www.essentiallearningproducts.com/analyze-your-handwriting-john-cowens

http://www.wsmv.com/story/35415548/tad-cummins-to-remain-in-jail-until-trial

Cummins initially told investigators he did not have sex with the teen, but changed his story. He also told investigators he made a pact with the girl to deny they had sex.
Omg someone posted here weeks ago before they were caught they thought maybe they would go to slab city its off the grid and free. That poster was right. I googled it because I'm in OC CA not too far. I thought no way that place is gross and repulsive full of weird people handling live rattlesnakes like they are cats, hippies, dogs running wild and lots of drugs plus people and the dogs crap everywhere in these big dirt holes so it stinks really bad with lots of flies. I cannot believe he took that young girl to a gross place like that. The commune was actually nicer than slab city.

Whoever posted slab city here was right on

I hope that creep TC spends the rest of his pathetic life in prison! (Although I know he won't)

On the Tiajuana River, not the sea.

The Tiajuana River in Imperial Beach is three miles north of the border with Mexico. Both sides of the Tiajuana River are in the US. He could not have gotten to the US without navigating the Pacific Ocean. It's impossible. I don't understand why it's so hard for people to understand that kayaking in the ocean is not remarkable.

2ljtb3c.jpg

Beautifully said and well explained. I think it might be even harder to recover from the rape that comes after a wooing mind-control than one from a stranger who has a gun to your head. Easier to feel guilty for being complicit, and blaming oneself is so common when you've been raped.

If anyone on here knows the family or therapists working with ET I hope they know about a relatively new technique called EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing). It works well with trauma, amazingly well. You carefully revisit the worst moments with a therapist while watching a light move from left to right. The process somehow puts the memory into the past as a normal memory, no longer a trauma. I thought I was recovered 17 years after a violent experience with car jacking and rape in Africa, but my GP saw signs of PTSD (scanning the room, jumping at sound). I spent two months doing EMDR with a skilled psychologist and it was a super tough process but it really worked! Here they describe using hands instead of the light bar. I wouldn't like hands in my face. It works with sound going left to right ears too. I used headphones sometimes too.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/emdr-what-is-it#1

In so glad it worked for you. I have heard it has been successful in some. But I have also heard of others who it has retraumitized. One is a client of mine who is a war vet. It really messed him up.

It also runs counter to everything I've learned about trauma and PTSD. Especially when it comes to effective therapies for kids. A fabulous psychiatrist who specializes in treating kids with intense trauma has written books about what works and what is dangerous. He says that traditional talk therapy or anything that purposefully relives or brings up the traumatic experience is supposed to be retraumatizing.

Instead, he provides a sort of calm, natural therapy that allows the kids to bring up or act out abusive situations or traumas without prompting but then flip it so they are the ones in control.

It can take a long, long time.

He worked with the Branch Davidian survivor kids, children raised in extreme physical abuse and isolation and a kid who watched her mom be hogtied, raped and murdered before the little girl had her own throat slit and was left for dead.

Bruce D. Perry-
https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Boy_Who_Was_Raised_as_a_Dog.html?id=lkM4DgAAQBAJ&hl=en

I've heard way too much that is bad about EMDR. Just type in "EMDR dangerous" into Google and there's a lot of stuff about it. I would never recommend it as a result even though some people like you have had benefits. It seems like it can work for some - maybe those who are very self-aware and understand their trauma- but can be super dangerous and risky for others. But I'm not a psych so I dont know.

If that was the case, she could have decided that morning not to go. She could have decided at any point along the way, such as at Walmart to just walk away from him and call police. She had all the opportunities in the world not to continue through with the plan. The reports are that she is disappointed that it ended, and now she is blaming her dad for that.

Based on your logic, if ET was 5 years old, would it still be OK because the 5 year old didn't run away from him while they were at Walmart?

Based on your logic, if ET was 5 years old, would it still be OK because the 5 year old didn't run away from him while they were at Walmart?

You don't think there is a difference between a five year old and a 15 year old? It's apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned. Plus I have a feeling most five year olds would run away from an abductor in a Walmart store.

You don't think there is a difference between a five year old and a 15 year old? It's apples and oranges as far as I'm concerned. Plus I have a feeling most five year olds would run away from an abductor in a Walmart store.

It's not true. Elizabeth Smart and other famous child abductor cases where the child was taken into public but never said anything. Elizabeth Smart even tried to deny to the person who recognized her that she wasn't ES.

You are not understanding the power of the threat and consequences sitting over these groomed and abused victims from their abductors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang, I *lived* in San Diego and knew about these tours and wasn't even thinking...

Age 6+, 2 miles out...

http://adventure.everydaycalifornia.com/tour/whale-watching-tour/

https://www.expedia.com/things-to-d...hing-kayak-adventure.a272347.activity-details

And apparently people fish in kayaks seven miles out!

http://www.cbs8.com/story/29427996/big-fish-caught-by-man-in-small-kayak

From 1932 to 1939 Oskar Speck paddled from Germany to Australia in a kayak. If he could get halfway around the world in a kayak, I think TC could have managed to get across the US-Mexico border, if he really put his mind to it.

Oskar Speck

Beautifully said and well explained. I think it might be even harder to recover from the rape that comes after a wooing mind-control than one from a stranger who has a gun to your head. Easier to feel guilty for being complicit, and blaming oneself is so common when you've been raped.

If anyone on here knows the family or therapists working with ET I hope they know about a relatively new technique called EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing). It works well with trauma, amazingly well. You carefully revisit the worst moments with a therapist while watching a light move from left to right. The process somehow puts the memory into the past as a normal memory, no longer a trauma. I thought I was recovered 17 years after a violent experience with car jacking and rape in Africa, but my GP saw signs of PTSD (scanning the room, jumping at sound). I spent two months doing EMDR with a skilled psychologist and it was a super tough process but it really worked! Here they describe using hands instead of the light bar. I wouldn't like hands in my face. It works with sound going left to right ears too. I used headphones sometimes too.

http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/emdr-what-is-it#1

I'm so very, very sorry this happened to you.

From everything I've researched TN law does not allow kids to decide to leave their families. That's false. It stems from a political statement issued by an elected official who wants to show he's doing something to protect the community by being tough on crime and advocating tougher laws.

The statement seems to be anchored by a law that makes kidnapping a more serious crime if the victim is under age 13. That's it.

https://kidnapping.uslegal.com/state-kidnapping-abduction-laws/tennessee-kidnappingabduction-laws/

Either way, it appears that TN law doesn't call it kidnapping, defined by false imrpisonment, if not accomplished by fraud, force, or coercion. Regardless of age.

But in fact, parents still have the right of custody and control over teenage children under the age of 18. And, harboring a runaway is a misdemeanor in Tennessee. So even if a kid over the age of 13 wanted to run off with an unrelated adult, the parents could stop that. And the child has no right to do so. If an unrelated adult was to house or help or hide a minor who doesn't have the permission of his or her parents to leave home, that is a crime.

I have found absolutely nothing in TN law, the actual codes, to indicate otherwise. It is a fallacy.
I 1000% agree. It may not constitute the offense of "kidnapping," but it's not legal. The right to care, custody, and control of one's minor children is constitutional and cannot be disrupted even by the child absent a showing of harm to the child by remaining in the parent's care.

From 1932 to 1939 Oskar Speck paddled from Germany to Australia in a kayak. If he could get halfway around the world in a kayak, I think TC could have managed to get across the US-Mexico border, if he really put his mind to it.

Oskar Speck

T.C just got the Kayak to relive his kayaking days with Jill with his new victim.

Because if he wanted to go to Mexico they would have walked across the border.

Btw. Tad was scared at the first commune. So imagine Mexico with the machismo men present and hawking our young victim?

So Tad did the smart thing to save his own self from becoming a victim.

Well i don't consider being beaten on a frequent basis by adults just some little rebellion. The difference is these days there is much more media & social media awareness when a minor runs from home especially with a 50 year old.
And never mind kids that live in violent homes on daily basis being physically and sexually abused by an adult parent or sexually abused by some other relative in their families that we never hear about. That is about 70-80 % of abuse cases from what i have read. And some even end up murdered by a parent or step parent. Who looks out for them i wonder? It's an effed up world where parents can't love and protect their own offspring IMO.

I was referring to fifteen year olds running away decades ago, as compared to this specific case and the impossibility of an easy psychological recovery for ET with the national media spotlight and social media scrutiny. My point was missed entirely, imo.

I 1000% agree. It may not constitute the offense of "kidnapping," but it's not legal. The right to care, custody, and control of one's minor children is constitutional and cannot be disrupted even by the child absent a showing of harm to the child by remaining in the parent's care.

I was hoping you'd pop on here and confirm or deny since you're a TN lawyer.

If our lives depended upon it, i think most of us here on WS would drown if we had to kayak. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3