Found Safe TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #18 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was referring to fifteen year olds running away decades ago, as compared to this specific case and the impossibility of an easy psychological recovery for ET with the national media spotlight and social media scrutiny. My point was missed entirely, imo.

Actually your point wasn't missed, but i think it goes without saying that such a high profile AmberAlert case in the media being what it was would get a lot of attention in the media and on SM. Most high profile cases are the same these days as far as that goes.
My point was back in the day there was no such thing as what there is to alert to these things now. And all the media hype is unavoidable, and if there wasn't that then no one would know much and we woudn't be here talking about all the details today.

If our lives depended upon it, i think most of us here on WS would drown if we had to kayak. Lol

:laughing:I mean I'm not sure what kind of athletes we have here but we go kayaking in lakes and rivers and by the end of the day my arms are always killing me. We've done ocean kayaking but with a guide, and depending on the weather, the water can be exhausting and really wear you out after just a short time. I think it would be challenging for anyone who isn't in great shape and does it regularly.

:laughing:I mean I'm not sure what kind of athletes we have here but we go kayaking in lakes and rivers and by the end of the day my arms are always killing me. We've done ocean kayaking but with a guide, and depending on the weather, the water can be exhausting and really wear you out after just a short time. I think it would be challenging for anyone who isn't in great shape and does it regularly.

Excuse my ignorance again, but you have to balance a kayak or it'll tip over I think, and like you said you need upper body strength to do it. Someone earlier wondered if they had life jackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think I just threw up in my mouth.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-tad-cummins-had-sex-162501213.html

How nauseating.

From that link:
One of his daughters, however, said the past month’s events had not changed her opinion of her father.

“He was the definition of what a good father should be and still is,” told Inside Edition. “I believe that. He needs to at least know that everybody’s not against him.”

Yuck yuck yuck. If my dad did this, I don't think I could EVER forgive him and I sure as heck would NOT be going to the media telling them things like this. I don't care how picture perfect your life has been up until now and how much you love your daddy, if he abuses a young girl he's NOT a good father.

Wonder how much his dear daughter was paid for her Inside Edition interview, I'm sure it wasn't done for free.

I think it was said (somewhere) when tc called Jc, he said 'hi babe.' Isn't that what guys call their intimate partner? Seems off to me. One day, ET is the babe. Next day...Jc.

I have kayaked in Hawaii in both the ocean and a river with guides, and I didn't find it all that challenging, FWIW, but the ocean was calm and the river not running fast. I am in OK shape, but I am no athlete, more of a dancer.

Ocean conditions vary depending on location, time of day, season, tide, etc. I'm not quite sure from the reports if it was ocean conditions or the LE presence that freaked TC out.

I'm still slack-jawed trying to imagine this insane road trip to CA hotspots like Slab City, Berkeley, Big Bear Ranch, and Cecilville. #ohtheplaces indeed.

Noble was the FBI agent in court yesterday. Wow TC thought he had been found out by LE and slept with his gun after.

Noble also said that Cummins purchased an iPad while on the run as he wanted to keep an eye on what was being reported in the media about them.
Cummins had allegedly thrown their phones into a river in Alabama, disabled the car's GPS device and replaced the license plates so they wouldn't be detected when they were on the run from Tennessee to California.
The teacher was arrested and the girl was found safe in a remote area of Northern California last month - 38 days after they disappeared - after police received a tip.
Authorities say Cummins told officers after his arrest that he thought he had been found out when he ran into a law enforcement officer while he was testing out the kayak he had bought.
But he said the officer only warned him and Thomas that the water was rough and gave them tips on the boat and then left.
From then on he slept with his gun beside

More here
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4503538/Tad-Cummins-bought-kayak-paddle-Mexico-teen.html

I sure hope old TC had the fantasy trip of a lifetime because it will be his last. Next trip he has is when big bubba has his way with him for molesting and raping a young girl.

I was hoping you'd pop on here and confirm or deny since you're a TN lawyer.
I am, but I've literally never handled a criminal matter. Not even one, unless you count taking care of my niece's traffic ticket in 2013.

In so glad it worked for you. I have heard it has been successful in some. But I have also heard of others who it has retraumitized. One is a client of mine who is a war vet. It really messed him up.

It also runs counter to everything I've learned about trauma and PTSD. Especially when it comes to effective therapies for kids. A fabulous psychiatrist who specializes in treating kids with intense trauma has written books about what works and what is dangerous. He says that traditional talk therapy or anything that purposefully relives or brings up the traumatic experience is supposed to be retraumatizing.

Instead, he provides a sort of calm, natural therapy that allows the kids to bring up or act out abusive situations or traumas without prompting but then flip it so they are the ones in control.

It can take a long, long time.

He worked with the Branch Davidian survivor kids, children raised in extreme physical abuse and isolation and a kid who watched her mom be hogtied, raped and murdered before the little girl had her own throat slit and was left for dead.

Bruce D. Perry-
https://books.google.com/books/about/The_Boy_Who_Was_Raised_as_a_Dog.html?id=lkM4DgAAQBAJ&hl=en

I've heard way too much that is bad about EMDR. Just type in "EMDR dangerous" into Google and there's a lot of stuff about it. I would never recommend it as a result even though some people like you have had benefits. It seems like it can work for some - maybe those who are very self-aware and understand their trauma- but can be super dangerous and risky for others. But I'm not a psych so I dont know.

The risky part is not the technique, but the skill of the therapist. It absolutely can't be done by anyone who is not already super skilled in the traditional methods. You need a very good therapist that can tell how much you can handle and stop its before it's too much. It's really emotionally tough. You have to have nothing else going on. The therapist decides how far to go each session. Only once a week. Then check how it went. The day of the sessions, for the first few sessions, I felt sick for 24 hours. First they get all the background, then when you go to the worst memory (day 1 after background) it might just be for 30 seconds, done. That was what she did for me. They decide, that's enough, not by asking you how you feel in the moment, but by observation of your pupils, breath, etc. then they ask the next week what happened during the week. You will be heavily effected at first.

I have a friend I've known since college who does it only for teens. She says the results, done well, are phenomenal. My therapist said the same. She said it works for almost everyone. Their teacher will only train those she thinks are top of the line psychologists or psychiatrists. At the time she had trained only 5 people.

Without a skilled therapist it would be totally retraumatizng. I worried at the time that the fact that results are so much better than other stuff (I did everything in the years just after) would lead to lots of therapists trying it and not reserving it for only the most skilled. It has to be someone who can just look and say, ok, we need to stop here. Enough for today.

Kayaking in the Atlantic in the Daytona Beach area is ot unusual.

It's not true. Elizabeth Smart and other famous child abductor cases where the child was taken into public but never said anything. Elizabeth Smart even tried to deny to the person who recognized her that she wasn't ES.

You are not understanding the power of the threat and consequences sitting over these groomed and abused victims from their abductors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've tried early in threads to draw a parallel to the earlier abduction cases (Smart/Hernandez/Anderson) and there is one important difference. In those cases there was some element of physical forced removal. Here it is being argued a phychological abduction. By all accounts she went to meet him intentionally/purposely (notice I did not say willingly), stayed intentionally (per FBI they were separated in OK Walmart on video and she did not flee), and CA LE stated they (TC and MCET) seemed to act together to elude detection
In Smart case she stated she feared for her family that was threatened by her abductor as why she acted that way. According to the FBI TC said he wanted to return but MCET said they will think he killed her. IMO this will set new grounds and TN DA will have a tough time getting kidnapping. All the other charges are a lock.

I've tried early in threads to draw a parallel to the earlier abduction cases (Smart/Hernandez/Anderson) and there is one important difference. In those cases there was some element of physical forced removal. Here it is being argued a phychological abduction. By all accounts she went to meet him intentionally/purposely (notice I did not say willingly), stayed intentionally (per FBI they were separated in OK Walmart on video and she did not flee), and CA LE stated they (TC and MCET) seemed to act together to elude detection
In Smart case she stated she feared for her family that was threatened by her abductor as why she acted that way. According to the FBI TC said he wanted to return but MCET said they will think he killed her. IMO this will set new grounds and TN DA will have a tough time getting kidnapping. All the other charges are a lock.

But he will at least get aggravated statutory rape, 2-12 years and on the predator list for life. If it goes to state trail. A plea bargain could change that.

http://www.mckinneylawfirm.com/Articles/Tennessee-Statutory-Rape-Charges.shtml

But he will at least get aggravated statutory rape, 2-12 years and on the predator list for life. If it goes to state trail. A plea bargain could change that.

http://www.mckinneylawfirm.com/Articles/Tennessee-Statutory-Rape-Charges.shtml

Yep agree.
Even if this goes to trial in Fed case (we're racing ahead) IMO he gets 15 with 85% (12.5 with good behavior) then TN, then CA, all sequential, not time served. Not sure now why other states aren't in this AL (weak), MS, CO and OK aren't in this too. TN and CA will keep him locked up. IMO he'll be incarcerated in his natural life.

Omg someone posted here weeks ago before they were caught they thought maybe they would go to slab city its off the grid and free. That poster was right. I googled it because I'm in OC CA not too far. I thought no way that place is gross and repulsive full of weird people handling live rattlesnakes like they are cats, hippies, dogs running wild and lots of drugs plus people and the dogs crap everywhere in these big dirt holes so it stinks really bad with lots of flies. I cannot believe he took that young girl to a gross place like that. The commune was actually nicer than slab city.

Whoever posted slab city here was right on

I hope that creep TC spends the rest of his pathetic life in prison! (Although I know he won't)

It was me that posted about Slab City. But honestly, I never thought they would actually GO there. If I had thought that, I would have sent emails to a few folks there. :(

Children and young teens can do LOTS of stuff willingly. Does that mean it's safe or that it is a good/wise decision? We all know the answer to that.
Will he get convicted? I guess that depends on the jury.

FLIPPING/KAYAK SAFETY
For all you people who want to try kayaking, see below. That would not be me.
It's not 100% safe. Flipping seems like it would be biggest danger. (And you're gonna need some kind of upper body strength....not totally wimpy). Any boating has hazards. I would think weather related.
http://kayaking.lifetips.com/cat/66719/kayaking-safety/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members