GUILTY TN - MCET, 15, Abducted by Teacher, in Maury County, 13 March 2017 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The original trial was delayed to 1/2/2018 and respond to plea last Thursday. This was delayed to April as above. No date to accept plea as I've seen yet that would be likely 4/12/18. There is a motion to suppress his confessions but have not seen dates for decisions on those motions

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I have this on my list re bold below:

*Status Hearing - TN - <modsnip> (15) (Mar. 13, 2017) - Tad Cummins (50) accused of transporting minor across state lines & obstruction of justice; pled not guilty. 10/20 Update: Trial (1/2) delayed no further date set. Had Status hearing on Oct. 26th
12/15 update: Arguments to suppress a confession or comments to police is a typical move for defense attorneys. Prosecutors are expected to respond to Cummins' argument this month, and a decision could be made on the matter as soon as January. New trial date set for April 17th
No update as of 1/2/18

Attorney for Tad Cummins files motion to be removed from case
http://wkrn.com/2018/01/19/attorney-for-tad-cummins-files-motion-to-be-removed-from-case/

Nashville, Tenn. (WKRN) - The attorney for Tad Cummins says he no longer wants to represent him.
A judge set a hearing Friday for the motion filed by Brent Horst, who wants to be relieved of his duties in the case.
It's unclear why Horst wants to be removed; the original motion was filed under seal, so it's not available.
The hearing to discuss the matter is set for next Tuesday (Jan. 23) in federal court.

http://wkrn.com/2018/01/19/attorney-for-tad-cummins-files-motion-to-be-removed-from-case/

Nashville, Tenn. (WKRN) - The attorney for Tad Cummins says he no longer wants to represent him.
A judge set a hearing Friday for the motion filed by Brent Horst, who wants to be relieved of his duties in the case.
It's unclear why Horst wants to be removed; the original motion was filed under seal, so it's not available.
The hearing to discuss the matter is set for next Tuesday (Jan. 23) in federal court.

Uh oh. This is the second attorney removed, TC was previously represented by Dumaka Shabazz, an assistant federal public defender.

old story about TC replacing Shabazz in 8/17: https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...es-tad-cummins-motion-get-out-jail/621417001/

LE and TC are suppose to be working a plea deal out. I believe that everything is now "out" as far as what LE knows what happened with TC and MCET.

IMO, I believe that TC's lawyer has recommended that he take the Plea deal. TC is refusing and that is why his lawyer wants out.

At this point I want to cry. Here are some more things that have come out.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...s-over-teens-abuse-and-kidnapping/1053387001/

TC was sexually abusing MCET AT THE SCHOOL.

MCET's father is now suing the school.

LE and TC are suppose to be working a plea deal out. I believe that everything is now "out" as far as what LE knows what happened with TC and MCET.

IMO, I believe that TC's lawyer has recommended that he take the Plea deal. TC is refusing and that is why his lawyer wants out.

At this point I want to cry. Here are some more things that have come out.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/ne...s-over-teens-abuse-and-kidnapping/1053387001/

TC was sexually abusing MCET AT THE SCHOOL.

MCET's father is now suing the school.
The closet incident and proposition on the day trip are new. Knew there had to be more than just that kissing incident. She must have talked.

BTW bet those draft e-mails say alot IMO

I agree maybe enough healing has started that she is opening up.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

So a hearing is today?

The closet incident and proposition on the day trip are new. Knew there had to be more than just that kissing incident. She must have talked.

BTW bet those draft e-mails say alot IMO

I think so too. If the schools IT dept. Is worth anything, then all the email was backed up. Including drafts that were deleted.

I think so too. If the schools IT dept. Is worth anything, then all the email was backed up. Including drafts that were deleted.
IIRC the DA described the content so tgey have them

Dad Sues Tad Cummins and Maury County Schools

Maury County Schools "failed its obligation to protect students from a predator," said MCET's father. Also according to the suit, the Culleoka Unit School administrators and district officials did not take adequate steps to prevent a "controlling, manipulative relationship with a vulnerable and impressionable fifteen-year old student."

The suit says that school officials were aware Cummins and the girl had kissed in his classroom and though Cummins was reprimanded for that incident, clearly, it wasn't an adequate solution.

https://patch.com/tennessee/across-tn/dad-sues-alleged-kidnapper-tad-cummins-maury-county-schools

Yes, IMO, TC probably rejected the plea deal, which opened up a window for MCET''s father to sue the school and TC himself with the known evidence. AT will win, which means the lawyer will probably not get paid. Since the victims get paid first and why the lawyer wants out.
IMO.
Thought his lawyer was a PD paid by state since he is indigent?

Thought his lawyer was a PD paid by state since he is indigent?

TC''s home was sold. He splits that with his ex-wife. Jersey girl posted that he hired his current lawyer in august. He dismissed his court appointed one.

Now this is where the fun begins, IMO. Will the school settle with AT? If so, then TC is on his own. Otherwise, the school may need to pay for TC's lawyer in order to minimize it's payout to AT.

Is TN Eastern Time? or Central? If I calculate this right it should be either coming up on 3pm or 2pm there. Have they been in court yet?

Any tweeters? I'll go look....

Is TN Eastern Time? or Central? If I calculate this right it should be either coming up on 3pm or 2pm there. Have they been in court yet?

Any tweeters? I'll go look....

Maury Co, TN is CST

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Wienstien and Larry Nasser, I believe that MCET is realizing what she really went through and is coming forward with what happened.

Sucks to be you TC and to think that you delayed your court date. I pity your lawyer. I personally would not want to depose a 16 yr girl on the witness stand. Accusing her of seducing poor little old you.

So.... was the attorney successful in getting removed??

TIA! :wave:

So.... was the attorney successful in getting removed??

TIA! :wave:

TC's lawyer may have just gotten himself dis-barred.

What did you do BH, try to intimidate MCET? Layers are not suppose to "interview" witnesses. They depose them. A big difference.

BH, you should watch the news more. Little girls are not scared anymore. They are an army.

TC's lawyer may have just gotten himself dis-barred.

What did you do BH, try to intimidate MCET? Layers are not suppose to "interview" witnesses. They depose them. A big difference.

BH, you should watch the news more. Little girls are not scared anymore. They are an army.
Wow! I am in disbelief!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eveirs