TN TN - MCEWEN, human heart found in salt pile - adult male - 16 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sds71

Reaction score
Authorities are investigating the discovery of a human heart in a salt pile at a Tennessee Department of Transportation facility…
The state medical examiner's office in Nashville, tested tissue samples and confirmed that it was an adult male human heart…

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) has joined the investigation for examination and testing.

This is probably a really dumb question, but I need to ask it anyway. Does "salt pile" refer to piled-up road salt, or what?
To me, it looked like a salt pile which is used for roads. Like you would see in a County or DOT road maintenance yard. Which is a very bizarre location for a human heart to end up in. Well any location is going to be bizarre, still shaking my head on this one.

The fact that this was a single body part ( & the heart) placed in salt ( to preserve it) suggests to me the intention was for this to be found by someone……a warning perhaps

I don't normally think this way but maybe he was drugged and had his organs harvested?
A heart would bring top dollar. Throwing that bit away would be like buying a premium item, keeping the box, and throwing the item in the bin.

It is super weird though. I'm guessing it might have something to do with misuse of medical cadavers. But I could be completely wrong.

I wonder what the process is of gathering the salt to take it out to salt the roads. Is it possible that a vehicle was out salting, picked up the heart on the road somehow, and returned it to the salt pile with the unused salt? Sometimes, road accidents can be so violent (especially car vs pedestrian) that organs end up outside the body strewn on the road. I imagine salting vehicles go too slowly for that to happen if one hit a person, but maybe something was left accidentally from another accident.

That's all I can think of, and even then that feels more like zebras than horses! My other thought was maybe it's a prank (with a medical specimen) but I feel like someone pulling a prank would have placed it more obviously. Ofc, murder is always a possibility...

I’m speechless. Every day there is some further evidence of mankind’s depravity. I can’t think of how a mishap in disposing of medical waste would happen? In a salt pile at the trans yard?

Perhaps a vulture could have found a body and flown over and dropped it?

Where is the Tennessee body farm? I could see an animal disturbing one of those cadavers.

Too gruesome.

My obvious question as always CCTV footage. Was anything picked up in the maintenance yard that was unusual? Is it a secured facility or can anyone just walk up to it and loiter around? I would think procedures are in place discouraging loitering? I'm thinking if they could see someone placing it on the pile. Hopefully LE can idenify the man with DNA from the found heart.

Isn't it more likely this is just medical waste being improperly disposed of than the case of someone actually being murdered or such?
Possibly, but salt is mined from deep in the ground and hauled to a crusher where it is ground to be used on roads.

I don’t know how long it would take to dry out.

I can’t visualize how medical waste would end up at a county transportation facility unless transported there by an animal or person. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back