TN TN - MCEWEN, human heart found in salt pile - adult male - 16 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hopefully there are cameras which authorities can review to determine if it was brought there by a person or an animal, or if it likely was already in the salt when it was delivered.
Since it was dried out (they thought at first it was a rock) I am thinking it was in the load of salt when delivered.

JMO

A heart would bring top dollar. Throwing that bit away would be like buying a premium item, keeping the box, and throwing the item in the bin.

It is super weird though. I'm guessing it might have something to do with misuse of medical cadavers. But I could be completely wrong.
This sounds by far the most likely. When I dissected cadavers, we were solemnly lectured on professionalism and the privilege of having a person donate their body for us to learn. My classmates and I took it very seriously, but I could imagine an unprofessional prankster gaining access to a heart and it ending up smuggled out of the lab or morgue. I think that’s far more likely than murder with only a heart found? But that’s only my opinion, who knows?

This sounds by far the most likely. When I dissected cadavers, we were solemnly lectured on professionalism and the privilege of having a person donate their body for us to learn. My classmates and I took it very seriously, but I could imagine an unprofessional prankster gaining access to a heart and it ending up smuggled out of the lab or morgue. I think that’s far more likely than murder with only a heart found? But that’s only my opinion, who knows?
Honestly no explanation makes a lick of sense. I dont think someone would kill a man, go through the trouble of cutting out his heart, and then leave it in a pile of salt. But any other explanation seems weird too.

Honestly no explanation makes a lick of sense. I dont think someone would kill a man, go through the trouble of cutting out his heart, and then leave it in a pile of salt. But any other explanation seems weird too.
Well, I'm just saying. The timing is pretty suspicious -- around Christmastime? And it had been there long enough to completely desiccate. Is it possible that last Christmas someone was given this heart?

Well, I'm just saying. The timing is pretty suspicious -- around Christmastime? And it had been there long enough to completely desiccate. Is it possible that last Christmas someone was given this heart?
Salt does the job pretty quickly, quicker than you'd think. The ancient Egyptians used it for this reason in mummification.

Also, having watched a cooking show where they drycured a whole leg ham, that took, if I recall correctly, about a month. A heart wouldn't take that long, it's mainly muscle and fibrous tissue. It possibly was there as little as weeks to months, not a year.

MOO

Salt does the job pretty quickly, quicker than you'd think. The ancient Egyptians used it for this reason in mummification.

Also, having watched a cooking show where they drycured a whole leg ham, that took, if I recall correctly, about a month. A heart wouldn't take that long, it's mainly muscle and fibrous tissue. It possibly was there as little as weeks to months, not a year.

MOO
yeah I've just had Wham's "Last Christmas" a lot this season and couldn't resist.

Couldn't exactly get the figures on where salt is sourced in that area, but it looks like a lot of states will import loads of salt from other countries. What that would mean as far as circumstances, I have no idea...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helangel
Back