TN TN - MCEWEN, human heart found in salt pile - adult male - 16 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes, not relevant with a heart imo, but I was told many years ago by a doctor with amputations that they will save body parts for a burial of a whole body when someone eventually passes away, I was told Jewish faith requires it. Jme.
The following links are not for the squeamish.

And a picture of one of the first transplantees, looking at his own heart. Sadly, he died just a few weeks after the picture was taken.

There was a story from my area a couple years ago where someone thought they found a human femur at a landfill.

The ME knew immediately that it was a medical replica.

However, this thing wasn't.

This could be an interesting case for @othram.
I hadn't even thought of this. Good idea.

A while back, my mother told me about a human heart being found in a cargo hold in a passenger plane at the local airport, and I assumed the package had somehow been opened and it had fallen out. Nope, it was being used for research and someone forgot to unload it. (D'oh!) Organs for transplant are delivered via a chartered plane, if time and distance demands that they be flown.

I hadn't even thought of this. Good idea.

A while back, my mother told me about a human heart being found in a cargo hold in a passenger plane at the local airport, and I assumed the package had somehow been opened and it had fallen out. Nope, it was being used for research and someone forgot to unload it. (D'oh!) Organs for transplant are delivered via a chartered plane, if time and distance demands that they be flown.
I just pictured a heart with its seat belt on in the window seat.

This story was on the news recently. I've linked three different articles. There may be some redundancy in them but each has some different info too. Just makes you wonder if one state prison is doing autopsies and keeping organs to give to a university etc?, maybe other states could be doing the same? I just thought it was interesting and maybe apropos. Still extremely odd and improbably that it would then wind up in a salt pile.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back