TN TN - MCEWEN, human heart found in salt pile - adult male - 16 Dec 2022

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This has always been a 'formal' homicide case, right? An article on page 4 mentions it's being treated as a homicide.
From that article: "Anytime we go on the scene where there's a body or remains we treat it as a homicide, and then basically prove different," said Chris Davis, sheriff of Humphreys County. Discovery of human heart in salt barn now treated as homicide case

So it sounds like they aren't 100% sure this is a homicide but are treating it like it is since they don't know the circumstances.

Article in post #141 states that the heart seemed like it was surgically removed, and that DNA testing is currently underway.

This has always been a 'formal' homicide case, right? An article on page 4 mentions it's being treated as a homicide.
From that article: "Anytime we go on the scene where there's a body or remains we treat it as a homicide, and then basically prove different," said Chris Davis, sheriff of Humphreys County. Discovery of human heart in salt barn now treated as homicide case

So it sounds like they aren't 100% sure this is a homicide but are treating it like it is since they don't know the circumstances.

Article in post #141 states that the heart seemed like it was surgically removed, and that DNA testing is currently underway.
Yes, I believe the first article I read on it said it was being treated as a homicide.

Yes, I believe the first article I read on it said it was being treated as a homicide.
I know I saw that too, still shocked me that they are really treating it like one. I guess because if it does turn out to be a homicide ,I would have to know why they cut the heart out so precise just to toss it onto a salt pile or were they trying to slow cure a county heart? So I am a bit more worried about our world than I was before. Homicide seems the easiest to explain away ..until you get to the hard questions.

It couldn't have been there that long. The acidity of the road salt would have destroyed it over a small amount of time.
Salt (NaCl) isn't an acid. It's a neutral balance of acid and alkaline, and a very very good preservative of flesh, not a destroyer. Just look to ancient Egyptian mummies for an example.

Yes, not relevant with a heart imo, but I was told many years ago by a doctor with amputations that they will save body parts for a burial of a whole body when someone eventually passes away, I was told Jewish faith requires it. Jme.

It might be relevant with a heart, though. What if its original owner is still alive, with a transplant? This heart seems to have been removed surgically. That doesn’t get us any closer to why it was found in a pile of salt, though.

MOWS (my own wild speculation)

Salt (NaCl) isn't an acid. It's a neutral balance of acid and alkaline, and a very very good preservative of flesh, not a destroyer. Just look to ancient Egyptian mummies for an example.
It can be corrosive, and it's also abrasive (which is another reason why it's used on icy surfaces). It preserves foods and other organic matter by drying it out, and inhibiting bacterial growth.

It might be relevant with a heart, though. What if its original owner is still alive, with a transplant? This heart seems to have been removed surgically. That doesn’t get us any closer to why it was found in a pile of salt, though.

MOWS (my own wild speculation)

How interesting would it be if the originator of the heart was a heart transplant patient who was still alive or a heart that was on its way to being put into a new person. I'm hoping this is it so it's more of an odd story rather than homicide, but Poe definitely comes to mind.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BadWiring
Back