TN TN - Michael Hearon, 51, Happy Valley, 23 Aug 2008

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
bumpint for michael herron. hunters please look..........
find him

Oh my goodness! Is there any chance at all that Michael just took off? I don't recall seeing any indication of that here, but is there any reason to believe that may have happened?

i didn't know michael herron personaly, he is just missing in an area close to me, but from reading about his like and family speaking, no, he did not choose to disapear.....so.................................................................
bumping for him and the family to have some kind of closuer

thanks Petra,, I didn't know those videos existed....
bumping for Michael
bluestarzzz

i didn't ever know the man.....but seems like a worthy cause and rather close to my location, but bumping for Michael Herron :D
bluestarzzz
have to keep it current here anyhow, even though blount county tn has filed the file away in cold case

New to posting, but have been lurking a while now, so hello! Just wanted to chime in on my experience living in the area. I live not all that far from where this happened, my family lives even closer, and I have been to the area a few times. I also live about 30mins from where the Signal Mtn ATV riders were murdered in the foothills of the N Georgia Mtns. Some of the posts about the area being sketchy and "deliverance" type people living there makes me chuckle a little, I have never heard or witnessed anything that sounds like any of that. Maybe because I am from a small town myself and those scary "deliverance" types seem normal to me? Or maybe I am one and don't realize it? Kidding. I live on 100 acres of land and have only had trouble with people trespassing to fish, hunt, and theft (not houses being broke into, more along the lines of missing tree stands, tools, and our four wheeler was stolen from the front of our house). The biggest problems would be the thefts and people hunting on our land without permission. The hunting without permission really gets my dads blood boiling, so I could see something like that get out of hand. We also have sink holes large enough that we have lost (several) calves in them (and only found them because we heard them calling for their mothers) and had to be pulled out by tractors. Because I have been around four wheelers my entire life, I also know how easy it is to get injured on one (even with experience). I just don't feel this is drug related.

Just sharing my own experiences and views on some of the ideas and thoughts that have been posted so far

has there ever been any local comments on michael, theories, other than here? another board anywhere?
bluestarzzz

(Jan. 29) – For nearly two years, authorities in Tennessee have been investigating the disappearance of a 52-year-old father of two who vanished without a trace.

Michael Hearon's family describes him as an "easygoing" and "fun-loving" guy. Born and raised in east Tennessee, the third-generation homebuilder had everything he wanted in life. Unfortunately, that life took an unexpected turn in 2008.

On Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, Hearon called his sons, Matt and Andy Hearon, and informed them that he was leaving his condo in Maryville, Tenn., to mow the lawn at a house he owned in nearby Happy Valley. Not long after placing the call, he went by Andy's house to pick up a lawnmower. Andy then watched as his dad drove away onto Highway 321, not realizing that it would be the last time he would see his father.

"Friends who went to look at the cattle the next day noticed Mike's truck parked at the end of the road with the trailer containing the mower still attached to the truck," Mike's daughter-in-law, Jamey Hearon, told AOL News. "He normally parked his truck at the end of the road to load and unload the trailer, then moved it closer to the house. Mike's parents, who live at an adjacent property, went to his house the next day but did not go inside or knock on the door."

On Monday morning, Mike's parents returned to his house, only to discover that his truck was still parked in the same spot. Concerned, they entered the house but found no sign of him. A search of the surrounding property also proved to be futile.

"His parents found his keys, cell phone, money clip (with credit cards, license and money), and gun inside the truck," Jamey said. "When Matt and Andy arrived at the house, they discovered that one of their dad's four-wheelers was missing."

Speaking with neighbors, the family learned that Hearon had been seen riding his ATV on the road near his house on the day that he disappeared. Worried that he could have been involved in an accident, his sons spent the remainder of the day searching all 75 acres of their father's property. When they were unable to locate their dad or his ATV, they contacted the Blount County Sheriff's Department and filed a missing-person report.

"We conducted an extensive two-week search in that area," Detective Mike Seratt said in an interview with AOL News. "We had just about every agency available out looking – the National Park Service, Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency, the sheriff's office and a specialized team that does recovery operations in mountainous terrain. Bloodhounds were also brought out, but there was a two- to three-day period during this search where it rained, making it hard for the dogs to pick up a scent."

According to Seratt, the first and only clue in the case was found on Aug. 26, when Mike's ATV was located roughly a mile from his house. It was not wrecked or damaged.

"It was up in a rural area near a cabin," Seratt said. "It was off the road about 25 or 30 yards. We searched the cabin and the surrounding area but didn't turn up anything."

Throughout the course of the investigation, Seratt interviewed nearly 200 people but found no indication that anyone had a grudge against Hearon.

"He was a well-liked gentleman in the community," Seratt said. "He built a lot of houses in the community, and he had a lot of friends. Everyone we talked to had something nice to say about him. He was the type of guy that could get along with anybody."

Seratt said that there is no concrete evidence suggesting what happened to Mike on the day he went missing.

"We got no evidence pointing toward a criminal act, and that is our biggest problem," Seratt said. "It is a very bizarre situation. You always second guess yourself, especially in a case like this. You got so many possibilities to go with, and your mind is always moving, thinking of what you have done and what you can do differently."

Meanwhile, Hearon's family continues to seek out the answers to the mystery of his disappearance.

"There are so many things I think of when I think of Mike, and I am so thankful that they are good things, but I do feel our family has been cheated of many more memories we should have with him," Jamey said. "Mike talked about looking forward to becoming a grandfather and things he wanted to do with his future grandchildren. It breaks my heart to think of how great he would be with grandkids and what he would have brought to their lives. It's just not fair or right. Our family wonders every day what has happened to Mike and miss him very much. It is something we will continue to struggle with, but we are not giving up. We know someone out there knows something about his whereabouts, and we hope they will come forward with this information."

Michael Edwin Hearon is described as a white male, 5 feet, 10 inches tall, weighing 185 pounds, with dark brown hair and hazel eyes. He was last seen wearing khaki cargo shorts, a faded red T-shirt and sandals. A $35,000 reward is being offered for information that leads to finding out what happened to him. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Blount County Sheriff's Department at 865-273-5001.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...michael-hearon-baffles-investigators/19337889

http://www.findmikehearon.com/

This sounds like a description of my husband...homebuilder, ranch-owner, ATV rider, friendly with everyone. It is a very mysterious disappearance and tremendously sad for the family.

I read the narrative carefully, watching to see if anything jumped out at me and only a single thing did. Sandals. My husband would never mow a lawn with sandals nor ride an ATV wearing them. He certainly has his Birkenstocks and loves them but they are not worn in those two instances. I don't know about Tennessee, but we have serious star thistle problems here in Southern Oregon in the summer. That's the one thing that seems very "off" to me.

Unless he simply rode up to the cabin, met someone who was pre-arranged to pick him up, and started on a new life.

I'll be watching this with interest.

idk about that area but around here we wear our sandals and sometimes even bare feet on the atv's

not the smartest or safest thing to do but there it is

There isn’t a day that passes that Matt Hearon doesn’t think about his missing father, Michael “Mike” Edwin Hearon.

“All we do is think about it and talk about it,” Matt Hearon said. “It is very consuming.”
Every year, thousands of people disappear. Their bodies are never found, and they don’t contact their families. The situation can debilitate families and stump investigators, and there are some common misconceptions about reporting a missing person, officials said.

Mike Hearon, 51, has been missing since August 2008. He was last seen leaving his Bell Ranch Road residence on an ATV. After a five-day search, his ATV had been located but Hearon was nowhere to be found.

http://www.thedailytimes.com/article/20091004/NEWS/910039985/-1/RSS10&rssfeed=RSS10

I wish we knew a bit more about this guys land.. What types of water or wells maybe around, was this cabin on his land even, etc.

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...michael-hearon-baffles-investigators/19337889
'snipped'
(Jan. 29) – For nearly two years, authorities in Tennessee have been investigating the disappearance of a 52-year-old father of two who vanished without a trace.

Michael Hearon's family describes him as an "easygoing" and "fun-loving" guy. Born and raised in east Tennessee, the third-generation homebuilder had everything he wanted in life. Unfortunately, that life took an unexpected turn in 2008.

On Saturday, Aug. 23, 2008, Hearon called his sons, Matt and Andy Hearon, and informed them that he was leaving his condo in Maryville, Tenn., to mow the lawn at a house he owned in nearby Happy Valley. Not long after placing the call, he went by Andy's house to pick up a lawnmower. Andy then watched as his dad drove away onto Highway 321, not realizing that it would be the last time he would see his father.
..more at link..

Here is the North American Missing Persons Network information for Michael Hearon. http://www.nampn.org/cases/hearon_michael.html

Michael Edwin Hearon

hearon_michael.jpg

Above Images: Hearon, circa

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: August 23, 2008 from Tallassee, Tennessee
Classification: Missing
Date Of Birth: June 15, 1957
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 185 lbs.
Hair Color: Dark Brown
Eye Color: Hazel
Race: White
Distinguishing Characteristics: tattoo on lower back,
appendix scar, scar between thigh and knee, scar on back of
knee, snake bite on foot, one foot 1 - 1/12 sizes smaller than the
other Clothing: Faded red t-shirt with khaki cargo shorts and sandals
AKA: Mike
Dental: Available
Case Number: 08006380
NCIC Number: M-76758159

Details of Disappearance
Michael Edwin Hearon was last seen on Saturday, August 23, 2008 around 11:00 am. He was seen leaving his Bell Branch residence in Tallassee (Happy Valley), Tennessee on his 4 wheeler by neighbors.

Mike called both his sons, Matt and Andy, on Saturday morning to let them know he was leaving his condo in Maryville, TN to go to his house in Happy Valley to mow and bush hog. He spoke with Andy and left Matt a message. Mike would let Matt and Andy know when he was going to Happy Valley so they knew he would be hard to get a hold of since there is no cell phone service there. He has a house phone but worked outside a lot on his farm.He went by Andy's house to pick up the mower and loaded it on his trailer. Andy saw Mike pulling onto highway 321 (near Andy's home) with the mower on the trailer. He was turning as if he was headed to go over the Parkway to his Bell Branch property. Mike talked to a friend, and told him he was at or near the Parkway and he would call him when he reached his Bell Branch house. There is limited cell phone service on the Parkway and no cell phone service in Happy Valley.

Neighbors saw Mike drive down Bell Branch Road to his home in his truck with the mower and trailer. His friend said Mike called and told him that the grapes were not ready to pick so he was going to mow and bush hog.

About 15 minutes later, he left on his 4 wheeler. Neighbors said he waved as he drove away from his house down Bell Branch Road. He has not been heard from or seen since.

Friends who went to look at the cattle later on Sunday said that his truck remained parked at the end of the road with the trailer still attached with the mower on the trailer. He normally parked his truck at the end of the road to load and unload the trailer then moved it closer to the house.

Mike's parents who live at an adjacent property went to his house on Sunday but did not go inside or knock on the door. Monday morning they went by again, saw his truck in the same place, and went in the house. It was not locked, but he did not always lock his doors. They looked around the house and yard and did not see him. They called Matt and told him he wasn't there so Matt checked his condo in Maryville and found his car and motorcycle both parked in the garage and nothing out of place.

Mike's parents checked his house at Bell Branch. They found his keys, cell phone, money clip (with credit cards, license and money), and gun all in the truck. Matt and Andy arrived and found one of his 4 wheelers missing. After riding around Mike's property (about 75 acres), they called the police. His 4 wheeler was found on August 26th about a mile away from his house. It was not wrecked or damaged.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Blount County Sheriff's Department
Mike Seratt
865-273-5001

</B>

Source Information
findmikehearon.com

I have not seen anything posted on the news regarding Michael Hearon's case. Just cold :(
bluestarzzz

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Madsulli
Back