TN - Mother drowns 7-year old daughter - Jul. 15, 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Elliott said she was having a “rough day” and that her daughter wasn’t leaving her alone, according to the arrest report.

Elliot then told police she held her daughter underwater “like a large mouth bass” until she felt her “bubbling.” As she held her underwater, Elliot told her daughter to “be quiet,” according to the report.
Mom having a ‘rough day’ accused of drowning 7-year-old daughter, police say

HERE'S TO HOPING EVERY DAY RIGHT UP UNTIL HER LAST DAY IS ROUGHER STILL :(

A Nashville mother accused of drowning her daughter because she wanted to be left alone sobbed in court as she was denied bond and learned she could be executed.

Brandi Elliot, 33, was charged with first-degree murder and denied bond after she allegedly drowned her seven-year-old daughter Piper in Drakes Creek in Hendersonville on Saturday.
[snip]
Prosecutors have said they are considering the death penalty for Elliot if she's convicted.
Wretched courtroom behavior of mother accused of drowning her daughter

cry a river lady. her tears are for herself.

I disagree that sobbing heavily in court is "wretched" behavior, regardless of the reason. It's actually pretty appropriate. (ETA: Nevermind, I guess it technically meets the definitions of wretched, one of which is "characterized by...misery and sorrow.")

I wonder why neither side thinks she needs a psychological evaluation yet.

This is possibly a death penalty case? A woman known for a fact to have battled serious depression -- maybe still is, caregiver to a disabled husband, and working at McDonalds?

It's not that she shouldn't face possibly LWOP, but they don't even go for the DP in much more horrific cases sometimes, so I am pretty surprised. All IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charley04
Back