DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chester Co Sheriff Blair Weaver: UPDATE on search for 2 yr old Noah Chamberlin
#FindNoah
@WBBJ7News

(Transcription of #periscope):

Thank you for y'all support. You've been invaluable in your and assistance because you've been an invaluable asset. I also wanna thank the family. They've been so cooperative in this massive effort. Thank all the agencies involved. I can't get into 'em. We have several, several agencies that have helped in the past several days.

At this point I wanna share my plan for tomorrow. If we are unable to locate Noah by 7 am in the morning, we will issue a plea to LE statewide to assist by using their specially trained staff and current technology to help us target certain specific areas of interest. We will temporarily (inaudible) the same goal and that's locating Noah. Thank you again for your support. Thank you for your patience and understanding, and most of all, thank you for your continued prayers. Do you have any questions?

Reporter (R): Is there any indication where Noah may be?

Sheriff (S): No. We still, we are still searching the area directly behind the home, uh, where he went missing from.
R: What can volunteers do?
S: At this point, I don't know. We have food, uh coming. We have a massive amount of food there, and we appreciate that. We have, we have been treated royally.
R: What can anyone do if they want to for the family?
S: Well there's been food brought in for the family. I think the best thing you can do for the family at this point is pray.
R: Any type of trail or leads or like that?
S: There's trails all over the area, and and uh, he was on a trail when, uh, when he went missing (hesitating a lot). We, uh have searched (long pause) all around those trails. Uh, there's, I don't, I wouldn't be afraid to say there's hundreds of miles of trails. (I hope I got that right).
R: Sheriff, comment on the information that's leaking out on social media
S: I, I don't comment on social media
R: About people using social media
S: People need to stay off of Facebook and quit believing the rumors
R: Sheriff this is a tough question to ask, but are we still in a search and rescue operation or
S: (interrupts reporter): 100%. It is a search and rescue mission. We have total faith that we're gonna find Noah and bring him home safe.
R: (interrupts reporter again) Is there any indication that there may be foul play involved?
S: No. None at all. None whatsoever. We have NO reason to believe there's any foul play.
R: Are you standing behind the family's story of what happened (S: interjects) the grandmother's story?
S: 100%.
(this is the 1st 2:45 of the interview)

TY for this! Great job!

So they are still searching the area behind the home...what if the boy wondered in a different direction? This is why I asked earlier if anyone knew if they were searching in a pattern from the place lost like outward in all directions or just behind the home? Now it seems that is the case.

I believe the family, and feel the only possible foul play would involve a random opportunist who spotted Noah if he made it to the road. I'm reminded of Susan McLean, a adult woman, who searchers missed after she disappeared on vacation in Scotland. The foliage, terrain and climate were similar but the search was not as thorough. It was months before she was located by searchers led by her dear friend, under a tree, near the path that had been searched many times. There is a reason wild animals choose to live in forested areas with the camouflage provided by trees, brush and leaves. That is also what makes it so easy to miss a little one during a search. I think the sinkhole possibility is most likely, particularly when even searchers are slipping in to them. It's painful for me to write this, but if he did fall in a body of water and was overlooked in the initial search, his body should rise in the next few days. My heart is breaking for his family. As a grandma myself it must be awful to feel in some way responsible for harm coming to one of my littlest angels. Please let him be found tonight :tears: :candle:

bbm - not in these temperatures. If he's in the water it could take weeks.

Maybe the influx of volunteers has made tracking Noah difficult for the dogs. If there have been a lot of people wandering in the woods then that could have impacted on how easily the dogs could pick up his scent. I don't think that the family are involved (based on nothing more than my hinky metre not going off). I hope someone has checked that body of water again. I know they initially checked it, but we all know that a body in the water can rise up. I gave a feeling he may be in a sinkhole or possibly in the lake. I have a feeling that after two nights exposed at freezing temperatures it's not going to be a good outcome sadly.

So why do we all think its police only from 7am? Are they bringing cadaver dogs in?

I believe the family too..........but I no longer believe this is a rescue mission.

I'm with you on this one sadly. I believe the family 100% in their story too. It's just a tragic accidental situation.

So why do we all think its police only from 7am? Are they bringing cadaver dogs in?

What I got from the Periscope transcript (thanks, Kimi!) is they're asking LE to come in if they haven't found Noah by 7am. Professional expertise/experience etc. is what I'm thinking.

#periscope interview continues.....
2:46 - 4:40 (part 2)

R(eporter): What's the role the TBI is playing in this?
S(heriff): They're assisting Chester County
R: Is there any criminal investigation right now?
S: None whatsoever.
R: What will the plan be for the statewide call, if you guys don't find him by 7?
S: We will send a teletype through our TBI computer
R: Are you requesting any other EMS or other emergency personnel to assist right now?
S: Not at this time
R: Do you have any plans for future press conferences? Will it follow any schedule?
S: No.
R: Could we possibly get back together tomorrow, if you decide to change the status of (inaudible)
S: If we change something I'll get back with you. And I apologize for not being here now, but I've been busy
R: How long have these searches crews been out? LE and volunteers?
S: Sheriff's Department (SD) arrived on the scene about ten til two Thursday. And we've been there continuously since. Chester County SD (CCSD) and like I've said there's too many agencies, Madison County SD was there within 15 minutes after my arrival, which was at 2. MC Fire Department was there shortly thereafter. We had dogs on the scene by 4. Helicopters was in the air by 3. Dogs were on the ground in the search area by 4:30. And then agencies started coming in from everywhere. TBI was there that night. Like I said, there's agencies from all over West Tennessee. I can't even thank the agencies. They've come from middle Tennessee. We've had them from ETA: Murfeesboro, Wilson County, all over.
R: So you have faith he's still in this area
S: Yes, one-total faith

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1ZkKzaMEdWRxv

For those of you experienced with LE directed searches - what is the possibility of one of the local RSO's joining the search during the first day? I'm particularly troubled by 2 that live quite close to the area of the disappearance.

For those of you experienced with LE directed searches - what is the possibility of one of the local RSO's joining the search during the first day? I'm particularly troubled by 2 that live quite close to the area of the disappearance.

*Normally* searchers are required to sign a log books of sorts. LE likes a list of who is searching. Someone else will have to follow up on how strict they are about the log book...and if searchers can slip through and search without registering so to speak. As tight as this community is, I would imagine LE has already started knocking on RSO doors locally. JMO.

I think that the "experts" should have been involved in this search for a long time now.
That's jmo, but however.

It's not uncommon this has happened in cases before the perps want to know first hand how the investigation is going and most likely take sick pleasure in watching people frantically searching when they know the truth. I would expect that this scenario is more likely to play out with unregistered offenders though. I doubt most registered sex offenders would be stupid enough to get involved with the search and possibly breach their parole conditions.

It is heartbreaking there is no news.

Imo, the FL cadaver K9s are already there, have been utilized in today's search, and likely signaled a hit... This is likely one of the reasons why Sheriff Weaver said he stands behind the family & does not suspect foul play, imo. There would also be signs in the area where he was last seen indicating what happened to him, imo. Just speculating and connecting the dots, CoverMeCagney.
I've hunted for decades and live in a rural area of the north GA mountains, on a small farm, which is surrounded by thousands of acres of dense forest. The most dangerous place for a small child to play is at the edge of a forest tree line. I lost a dog; a pitt mix, just a few weeks ago due to a black bear attack at the edge of a tree line..

I can only speak about the search for Rainn Peterson (my DD was one of the searchers there). Background checks were done on all volunteers.

#periscope interview continues.....
2:46 - 4:40 (part 2)

R(eporter): What's the role the TBI is playing in this?
S(heriff): They're assisting Chester County
R: Is there any criminal investigation right now?
S: None whatsoever.
R: What will the plan be for the statewide call, if you guys don't find him by 7?
R: Are you requesting any other EMS or other emergency personnel to assist right now?
S: Not at this time
R: Do you have any plans for future press conferences? Will it follow any schedule?
S: No.
R: Could we possibly get back together tomorrow, if you decide to change the status of (inaudible)
S: If we change something I'll get back with you. And I apologize for not being here now, but I've been busy
R: How long have these searches crews been out? LE and volunteers?
S: Sheriff's Department (SD) arrived on the scene about ten til two Thursday. And we've been there continuously since. Chester County SD (CCSD) and like I've said there's too many agencies, Madison County SD was there within 15 minutes after my arrival, which was at 2. MC Fire Department was there shortly thereafter. We had dogs on the scene by 4. Helicopters was in the air by 3. Dogs were on the ground in the search area by 4:30. And then agencies started coming in from everywhere. TBI was there that night. Like I said, there's agencies from all over West Tennessee. I can't even thank the agencies. They've come from middle Tennessee. We've had them from Murpheesboro (?SIC), Wilson County, all over.
R: So you have faith he's still in this area
S: Yes, one-total faith

Thanks again Kimi - you rock!!

Sheriff sidestepped the question. I do think the plan is that the search goes to recovery. And I don't blame the sheriff for avoiding the question.

It's irrational but I feel like the clock runs out at 7 am if Noah isn't found by then. :(

ETA: Just saw Foxfire's post - I agree that cadaver dogs are probably already involved. The sheriff is optimistic but he's no fool.

Imo, the FL cadaver K9s are already there, have been utilized in today's search, and likely signaled a hit... This is likely one of the reasons why Sheriff Weaver said he stands behind the family & does not suspect foul play, imo. There would also be signs in the area where he was last seen indicating what happened to him, imo. Just speculating and connecting the dots, CoverMeCagney.
I've hunted for decades and live in a rural area of the north GA mountains, on a small farm, which is surrounded by thousands of acres of dense forest. The most dangerous place for a small child to play is at the edge of a forest tree line. I lost a dog; a pitt mix, just a few weeks ago due to a black bear attack at the edge of a tree line..

So sorry Foxfire...

*Normally* searchers are required to sign a log books of sorts. LE likes a list of who is searching. Someone else will have to follow up on how strict they are about the log book...and if searchers can slip through and search without registering so to speak. As tight as this community is, I would imagine LE has already started knocking on RSO doors locally. JMO.

Many lessons were learned in the Holly Bobo volunteer search which was overseen by the THP & TBI. All searchers must have a valid ID, be 18 years of age, sign in, and were assigned a number which was written on their wrist with a marker. All searchers were required to check out at the end of the day/search. If a searcher fails to sign out. Then a search is initiated for them..

#periscope interview continues 4:41 - 5:53

R: How long will volunteers continue to search this evening?
S: Til 7am in the morning
R: And is that just emergency and trained? or will that be civilian as well?
S: 7 am until, we will use civilian until 7 am in the morning. The last bus will leave here with civilian volunteers at 5 am
R: Sheriff, has there been any trace of Noah picked up on the FLIR technology?
S: No (quick answer)
R: None of the dogs have picked up a trace?
S: (He paused for a half a second here, and answered with a blink) No.
R: Are you guys gonna try any harder to find Noah considering the fact that it's supposed to be freezing tonight?
S: Well, obviously it's been hard. I don't know that cold weather's gonna make it any harder on us, No.
R: Does it surprise you that you haven't seen any trace of him. This is a two year old kid? There's only so far and so fast that he can travel.
S: Ah yes.
R: The tactics that you've used so far to find him haven't worked. What else do you have planned to do?
S: Well, you know, we have used grid searches. Now we're cross gridding it. Um, so we're coming in from different areas, and starting different areas. Obviously, we're covering a larger area, a bigger area. We're extending the scope.

(a man steps in from off camera and thanks the Sheriff and interview ends as Reporters attempt to ask another question)

I do not understand no dog hits at all. With all due respect, might grandma be a little elderly or senile and unable to remember exactly where she was when he took off ? I don't understand any other way, barring a very lucky abductor passing by in that exact moment, that the dogs would not pick up his scent. Tell me what I'm missing ?

I don't think she is elderly. Likely in her 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PKBB