Found Deceased TN - Noah Chamberlin, 2, Pinson, 14 Jan 2016 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read somewhere on this thread that the parents' home was about 8.5 miles away. I know this is far fetched but is there any way this little fella came out of the woods and headed toward the direction he knew to be home? I know he's only 2 but some are very smart at that age and pay attention to lots of things like that. When I take my 2 year old nephew out walking and we start to head home he knows exactly how to get there. Of course we haven't been walking 8 miles or so either. Just wondering if they've searched the area from GM's to the parents house? That may be a dumb idea but anything is possible at this point.

I think this is brilliant.

My children were escape artists and the worst escape occurred when one of ours was under the age of 2 and sneaked out of the house naked to chase down her dad, who had taken a sibling someplace she, too, had wanted to go. When little ones have their mind set on a place they'd like to be they certainly seem to have an internal homing device that leads them in that direction.

3 inches of ice hit the Nashville area overnight and this morning. We've had 6 inches of snow in the Eastern part of the state, which is a lot for our area in one day. My husband could not get to Sevierville today and I could not get to Nashville for my son's chemo. I don't know how Jackson is today. I'll go look.

If he headed home, would he have gone via the road? Also, looks like expecting more winter weather in the area Thurs/Friday

I read somewhere on this thread that the parents' home was about 8.5 miles away. I know this is far fetched but is there any way this little fella came out of the woods and headed toward the direction he knew to be home? I know he's only 2 but some are very smart at that age and pay attention to lots of things like that. When I take my 2 year old nephew out walking and we start to head home he knows exactly how to get there. Of course we haven't been walking 8 miles or so either. Just wondering if they've searched the area from GM's to the parents house? That may be a dumb idea but anything is possible at this point.

Yes! I had brought that up, and I completely could see that happening! I know my toddler has known when we are heading home even in the car. It's amazing what they remember!

IMO something is missing from this story.

I don't know what but something!

Could he have climbed into moms car without her knowing.

I checked out Tomnod and don't understand how you can search for specific areas. It looks like it's just pre-defined areas that you help others search, like in the case of major disasters like fires, earthquakes, etc.

Oh sorry, you can't. I think the request for images and a Tomnod search needs to come from Official sources, then you can join up to help look through the images. I remember prior to MH370 a search for a light aircraft and pilot that was successful, I'm not sure if in Noah's case it would be helpful or if a missing child would be 'big enough' Just in theory, it's a wonderful tool.

I'm finding as time goes on I have less and less to contribute to this case. I read absolutely everything, but feel we're going round in circles and clutching at straws.

Don't know what else to say.... other than.... hope you're home soon sweetie! :grouphug:

If he headed home, would he have gone via the road? Also, looks like expecting more winter weather in the area Thurs/Friday

My thinking is he would have headed home via the road because that's the way he is familiar with traveling to and from GM's house. But looks like someone would have seen him had that been the case. Unless he started home and wandered off the road just being curious. Or worse, and I hate to even think this way, but if the wrong person came along while he was walking along the road and picked him up. There are known sex offenders in that area too that were supposed to have been checked out as soon as he went missing from what I understand. This has been a search and rescue mission from the start. I understand that. But anything is possible.

How many of you think that he would of kept on going in the woods at night? I think he would be too scared to walk in the woods at night. He wouldn't be able to see in front of his own face.

How many of you think that he would of kept on going in the woods at night? I think he would be too scared to walk in the woods at night. He wouldn't be able to see in front of his own face.

Honestly I just don't know, I have tried to visualize what a toddler would do in that situation and my mind just draws blanks, it's impossible for me to imagine what they would do, it's heartbreaking. Is it too much to pray for every child to be warm, in a bed surrounded by love every night? (not saying Noah wasn't extremely loved, just speaking in general)

And he would be CRYING!

Yes! I had brought that up, and I completely could see that happening! I know my toddler has known when we are heading home even in the car. It's amazing what they remember!

There is another possibility.

I don't know which way the parents' house is from the grandparents' house, but if the child knew the mom was going to go shopping (presumably in Jackson or Henderson - I don't believe the media has said which, but if grocery shopping it could be either), he might have headed in that direction rather than towards home. Sometimes kids are happy to stay with grandma, and sometimes they want to go along and help pick out the cereal, ya know? If he had it in his mind that he wanted to go with Mom...

IMO something is missing from this story.

I don't know what but something!

Could he have climbed into moms car without her knowing.

For me it's the family's silence that is bothering me. Not bothering me in a sense of "they're guilty", but it's just missing from this story. There is no public outcry that I have seen. I understand this is just how TN does it, but it feels so odd.

I am also a little iffy on the timeline. Like somebody mentioned before, maybe Grandma doesn't really remember how much time lapsed from the time she last saw him, or maybe she was distracted and doesn't want to admit that. I think it is natural to want to withhold details like that if it looks like it is your fault that something happened...and like I said I don't place blame on anybody right now, just saying.

Unless Noah often walked from his grandparents' house to his parents house, which I doubt given the distance, I don't think he would know which way to go. Especially if his starting point was in a wooded area.

I think at some point he would have gotten tired and slept for the night.

There is another possibility.

I don't know which way the parents' house is from the grandparents' house, but if the child knew the mom was going to go shopping (presumably in Jackson or Henderson - I don't believe the media has said which, but if grocery shopping it could be either), he might have headed in that direction rather than towards home. Sometimes kids are happy to stay with grandma, and sometimes they want to go along and help pick out the cereal, ya know? If he had it in his mind that he wanted to go with Mom...

That is a good possibility. He might have just headed the way he saw her going when she left.

Oh sorry, you can't. I think the request for images and a Tomnod search needs to come from Official sources, then you can join up to help look through the images. I remember prior to MH370 a search for a light aircraft and pilot that was successful, I'm not sure if in Noah's case it would be helpful or if a missing child would be 'big enough' Just in theory, it's a wonderful tool.

yes, Tomnod would probably not be available. I was thinking more like satellite images over the last six months. Not current images but older ones for comparison to current topography and images. Probably a silly idea anyway :( The odds of a sinkhole opening up and swallowing him are slim. More likely if sinkhole is involved it is as others have suggested, an existing one that he fell into becoming injured and/or hidden from view.

The update from Sheriff should be coming up soon.

I do agree that at some point he would have gotten tired and had to sleep for the night. But I still think it's possible for him to know the direction of home from traveling it in the car with Mom many times. Jmo

Jmoo, but I don't think he walked at night at all. I think he went to sleep and woke up in the arms of the angels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme