GUILTY TN - Rev. Matthew Winkler, 31, shot to death, Selmer, 23 March 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well, she has had a lot of counseling since the crime. :waitasec:

No, she really hasn't CarpeDiem. Neither she or her lawyers ever sought any treatment for Mary during the entire time before the trial. All we heard Farese say ad nauseum that she was ready to get on with her life. She took the group home over jail time and was allowed to walk and talk and be with Darrell and others when she was there. Sure doesn't sound like extensive therapy to me but more like a bed and breakfast atmosphere imo.

And then at the custody hearing which was soon after the criminal trial she said she only went once a month to see a counselor. Now to me that means Mary has had to make a phenomenal recovery especially since they tried to paint her with such grave mental issues in the trial. She suffered from PTSD for 20 years yet she is now over it and can get on with her life? I have never known anyone that moves on that quickly. That one thing alone can leave some with major issues to deal with for years even decades and some never overcoming them enough to be able to struggle through life's ups and downs due to PTSD. She also has been diagnosed with a Personality Disorder and that never goes away and no matter what disorder she has any family member who has had a loved one with one will tell you it can be hell trying to live daily with the person.

So imo no she hasn't had any therapy. Mary is too busy doing what Mary always wants to do. I actually think the mental issues were all a bunch of baloney because no one not even the great Mary Winkler just gets on with their lives like nothing ever happened to them. If she is a miracle child then her two oldest children will not be as fortunate as their mother and will struggle to deal with all the devastation caused by Mary imo.

imoo

Two-hour Dateline Friday report, 'The Preacher's Wife', the story of Mary Winkler who made headlines in March 2006 for killing her preacher husband. Her court trial and exclusive interview with Dateline's Keith Morrison however reveals the allegedly abusive nature of Mary Winkler's husband.

Make sure to check your local listings.

Sounds interesting as to the part about the Preacher being abusive.

Goz

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40012717#40012717-
Video

Link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4327893/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

Two-hour Dateline Friday report, 'The Preacher's Wife', the story of Mary Winkler who made headlines in March 2006 for killing her preacher husband. Her court trial and exclusive interview with Dateline's Keith Morrison however reveals the allegedly abusive nature of Mary Winkler's husband.

Make sure to check your local listings.

Sounds interesting as to the part about the Preacher being abusive.

Goz

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40012717#40012717-
Video

Link
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4327893/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

I watched on her on Today show this morning. She wasn't very articulate. I guess I expected her to be a little more well spoken. Maybe she was guarding what she was saying, I don't know I thought she just had a hard time saying what she was thinking/

this case still just infuriates me...she should be in jail. JMO - i know many here disagree.

this case still just infuriates me...she should be in jail. JMO - i know many here disagree.

I agree she should be in jail. I am going to tape tonights show just to see what they have to say about him.

MCDRAW, I just didn't think Mary would be very, how can I put this, Smart..
I had no other way to say it. Seemed like she wasn't bright in what she did but but, she was smart enough to get a light sentence.

Hum, she may be smarter than we all think ....! A real con artist.

I have no respect for Mary nor feel she should even see her kids. She shot him in the back. I wish I would have seen her this morning.
Thanks for the update.

Goz

It's on now for those on pacific time.

I agree she should be in jail. I am going to tape tonights show just to see what they have to say about him.

MCDRAW, I just didn't think Mary would be very, how can I put this, Smart..
I had no other way to say it. Seemed like she wasn't bright in what she did but but, she was smart enough to get a light sentence.

Hum, she may be smarter than we all think ....! A real con artist.

I have no respect for Mary nor feel she should even see her kids. She shot him in the back. I wish I would have seen her this morning.
Thanks for the update.

Goz
I taped it but have only seen the last hour....this area is about an hour and a half from me and was big news at the time....lots of folks here think she got off light....also I am about 80 miles from Memphis,Tn, where her lawyers are from.....fyi......these lawyers have an outstanding track record from what I have been told...they may not seem sharp but don't let that fool you...they are, IMO...she had the best.

My blood pressure couldn't take more than a few minutes of her. I know she is guilty of murder. As in premeditated murder! And now she's still painting herself as the victim. Sickening.

I taped it but have only seen the last hour....this area is about an hour and a half from me and was big news at the time....lots of folks here think she got off light....also I am about 80 miles from Memphis,Tn, where her lawyers are from.....fyi......these lawyers have an outstanding track record from what I have been told...they may not seem sharp but don't let that fool you...they are, IMO...she had the best.

And that is the reason she is walking free today.

I need to walk away from this case before I stroke out.....LOL

OK I am waiting for all of you to get pisst at me but now that I watched it, (and it was too dragged out) I believe Mary was abused. I believed her.

OK, it is no reason for her to kill him, I think she snapped after so much abuse, but I changed my stance. I think he did abuse her and very much so. I watched her interview the last hour and I don't think she was lying.. What makes it right to believe him over her? He had control and power, she was a nobody in the community.

I wish she could have walked away from him earlier. We believe most women, why not Mary?

I watched with another, ( a man) and he was not sure if she was abused but felt she should not have a her children and still her sentence was too light. I too believe this is so too, yet believe the abuse was true.

Nobody wins here.

Goz
OK shoot me now. :blushing:

IMO I always felt Mary got away with murder. Now I pretty sure she did. JMO

This woman has got be the most manipulated ever. She never look the reporter in the eyes more than a couple seconds. JMO

I will not never forget the picture after she was found not guilty.

When I find that picture I will post it. It was evil!

This same team of attorneys got a not guilty verdict in the FedEx pilot case in which the wife's minivan was torched, and hubby's hair was singed.

They've got the country bumpkin act down pat. The prosecutor in this case was way outmatched.

OK I am waiting for all of you to get pisst at me but now that I watched it, (and it was too dragged out) I believe Mary was abused. I believed her.

OK, it is no reason for her to kill him, I think she snapped after so much abuse, but I changed my stance. I think he did abuse her and very much so. I watched her interview the last hour and I don't think she was lying.. What makes it right to believe him over her? He had control and power, she was a nobody in the community.

I wish she could have walked away from him earlier. We believe most women, why not Mary?

I watched with another, ( a man) and he was not sure if she was abused but felt she should not have a her children and still her sentence was too light. I too believe this is so too, yet believe the abuse was true.

Nobody wins here.

Goz

I believe she was abused too. The only part that caused me to go hmmm was her smile when the verdict was read. There was just something about that smile. I always felt like she did it to protect the girls. Then I found out she shot him in the back while he was sleeping (makes sense if she is scared of him) but the unplugging the phone bothers me. When you hear how isolated she was and then her demeanor, it just makes you think abuse. If she was putting on an act...she needs to move to Hollywood because she's good.

but the unplugging the phone bothers me. When you hear how isolated she was and then her demeanor, it just makes you think abuse. If she was putting on an act...she needs to move to Hollywood because she's good.

snipped

I totally believe her story about the phone being unplugged for the toddler to play with. The phone in the motel when they located Mary was unplugged also. I did this every day when mine were little so they could play like they were talking on the phone. Kept them busy and they loved pretending to make calls and have conversation with grandma, aunties, etc.

I do believe she was abused. And I do believe he was abusive to the girls also. JMO. Doesn't give anyone license to take matters into their own hands, but I believe it can happen out of desperation and after a life of indoctrination of a certain lifestyle or way of living. I wouldn't have wanted to walk a mile in her shoes - no pun intended.

Nobody wins here.

Goz

I'm not pissed at you.We all see things differently is all.I think you are rather cool actually.

The 2011 made-for-TV movie, "The Pastor's Wife", will air Saturday, March 3 at 6:00PM (EST) on Lifetime.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katgneal
Back