Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The area where Strain was last seen was in a brushy area with cliffs that would make it nearly impossible for the missing student to have fallen into the river, Loney said, but the failed boat searches on Tuesday and Wednesday have raised some serious concerns about the safety of river, itself, concerns that one Nashville business owner couldn't help but raise.

The Cumberland River spans 688 miles, cutting a path through southern Kentucky and Middle Tennessee before connecting to the Ohio River. It runs through two major cities: Clarksville and Nashville. There are eight dams along the river, and the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency notes that it is often used by large barges for transporting goods.

If interested, more at link...

IF he did fall or slip into that river, his body would probably a long way downstream considering the current at the time.
Also, consider the water level was about 7 feet higher than on the 3/17 (recent pictures of credit card location), which may have put it up near the rip-rap (large rocks) in those photos.

Thoughts:

-The narrative of Riley's frat brother's being forced to stay to pay a tab or something, it not present here. He just says the friend who went with Riley to the door, went back inside. I wonder if the plan was to meet up with Riley at the nearby bar he tried and failed to gain entry to.

-Doesn't want to specifically say why Riley was thrown out, but it wasn't for fighting.

-Riley may have thought the men in the food truck altercation were chasing him. Even if true, he calmly passed the police officer later on, so that doesn't factor in to what happened in my mind. Extraneous.

-The debit card not being dirty doesn't bother me in the slightest, and further goes to this idea that the river can't be involved.

-
-

Was Riley in a big group from his fraternity? Would they all know or at least recognise each other?

When he was asked to leave on account of his behaviour, it could have been before other students who were not necessarily his closest friends, were aware.

MAR 18, 2024
Whiteid said it does not appear Strain was robbed — there have been no new charges on any of his debit or credit cards, and the only account his family cannot access is the one associated with the card found Sunday.

Officer Young was reportedly in the area on a vehicle burglary call and remained on that portion of Gay Street for 45 minutes, according to police.

Was Riley in a big group from his fraternity? Would they all know or at least recognise each other?

When he was asked to leave on account of his behaviour, it could have been before other students who were not necessarily his closest friends, were aware.
All, very good questions....
JMO

Thoughts:

-The narrative of Riley's frat brother's being forced to stay to pay a tab or something, it not present here. He just says the friend who went with Riley to the door, went back inside. I wonder if the plan was to meet up with Riley at the nearby bar he tried and failed to gain entry to.

-Doesn't want to specifically say why Riley was thrown out, but it wasn't for fighting.

-Riley may have thought the men in the food truck altercation were chasing him. Even if true, he calmly passed the police officer later on, so that doesn't factor in to what happened in my mind. Extraneous.

-The debit card not being dirty doesn't bother me in the slightest, and further goes to this idea that the river can't be involved.

-
-
bbm
How so, the river can't be involved. Am I misunderstanding?
I do believe, at this time, that Riley went into the river, accidentally, in the dark, likely a bit further past the homeless camp along the shore, after he lost the card.
You think he did not go in the river?

bbm
How so, the river can't be involved. Am I misunderstanding?
I do believe, at this time, that Riley went into the river, accidentally, in the dark, likely a bit further past the homeless camp along the shore, after he lost the card.
You think he did not go in the river?
No. I’m saying the family and the friend here, will do everything to believe he didn’t go in the river. He’s saying the card is so clean that it must have been planted, which means that Riley isn’t in the river and was likely abducted.

It’s a scenario that the family has to believe in, so they can hold out hope there’s a chance of seeing him again.

MAR 18, 2024
[...]

“If an altercation, a physical altercation would’ve happened with Riley – a fight, an argument, or something – as family we’re hoping, man, that cop would’ve heard something. He’s down there looking for mischief,” close family friend Chris Dingman said. ...

Dingman said so far there were no signs of blood or Strain’s clothing in the area around the Cumberland River. He wondered if Riley had gotten into a vehicle.

[...]

Strain’s family told News 2 they had reviewed surveillance footage with police and were able to see footage of Strain inside Luke’s 32 Bridge, as well as near a food truck.
I’m curious about the woman that claims to have witnessed a homeless man wearing a perfectly clean shirt just like the one Riley was wearing. According to Banfield on News Nation, LE hasn’t even taken her report. Also, his parents were on Banfield tonight and stated that people calling into the tip line aren’t getting calls back. His parents found out about his debit card being found from the Tim Tokers.
I feel so bad for his family, I know they are completely worn down.
I’m sorry I have no link, I just watched this on Banfield.

No. I’m saying the family and the friend here, will do everything to believe he didn’t go in the river. He’s saying the card is so clean that it must have been planted, which means that Riley isn’t in the river and was likely abducted.

It’s a scenario that the family has to believe in so there’s a chance of seeing him again.
Got it. Thanks.
It's what the family is proposing.

It’s a scenario that the family has to believe in so there’s a chance of seeing him again.
Yes, in the latest article they wonder if he got into a vehicle with someone. It leaves open the possibility that he’s still alive.

If he’s in the river, that hope is lost.

I really feel for their pain and agony. It sounds like Riley was the heart and soul of the family.

MAR 18, 2024

f4a16476-1707-4ef6-8c14-d1e2c4ed0ff3-medium16x9_Rileyslastknownsteps.png

Strain’s bankcard was found by the riverbank, near where he was last seen on Gay Street and the James Robertson Parkway bridge.

[...]

Dingman said the ladies found the card half covered by leaves. It’s now being analyzed for fingerprints. There was no activity on the card after Strain went missing, according to Dingman.

[...]

The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation (TBI) typically does not aid in MNPD investigations, since Metro Police told the family it has the same resources as TBI.

[...]

We’re trying to track down leads right now with the homeless community,” Dingman said. “The ones that have stayed have been gracious and extremely helpful.

True enough. I’m also considering for argument’s sake the idea that an expensive phone could be stolen, the SIM card removed, and reformatted for a quick sale, without necessarily leaving a trace.
Apple iPhone 14 and later don’t have physical SIM cards anymore. It’s all eSIM. There is no concept anymore of ripping out a SIM and having a virgin phone. MOO: I would put money on Riley having a 14 or later. The concept of stripping stolen phones is mostly gone. Look at corporate phone protections: virtually impossible to take a corporate phone to a mass cellular dealer and get it associated with a different image and Apple ID. Riley is a 6’7” man on a street full of happy, buzzed, smaller tourists. He wasn’t targeted for a phone for which physical SIM doesn’t exist.

What concerns me now: every passing hour is an extended radius down this river’s current where he hypothetically could be. This search gets harder and harder as the clock ticks. There is almost nothing about this case that reminds me of Audrii’s aside from sadness, but the one common element they share: it needs environmental hydrologists, civil engineers who model flow, mechanical engineers calculating currents and circulation, barge captains, and brave people in scuba suits willing to descend into blind muck looking for answers. I believe, MOO, that their efforts will ultimately answer this case.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member