Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
RS last seen on surveillance camera walking North on Gay St between the Woodland Street Bridge and the James Robertson Pkwy. His phone last pinged between 9:55 pm and 10:00 pm near the James Robertson Pkwy and Gay St (about six/seven blocks from the bar). moo
Joining late. Pls help me catch up. Was his last phone ping next to the River?

Phones generally go dead when they hit the water.

JMO

Sneakers would have been the ticket, but less glamorous for a night on the town. Feel so badly for him and his family.
I get it but they were making the rounds of country and western style bars and the cowboy boots fit the ticket. People who never wear cowboys on a regular basis can cripple themselves pretty quickly. We have this annual multi-day country band festival in Ontario called Boots and Hearts and you see thousands of young girls walking around on day one wearing boots and short frilly dresses. The next day they are hobbling around wearing boots and short frilly dresses.

Last edited:
I am very sad about the disappearance of Riley. IMO, every day that goes by, the less likely he will be found safely.

I think if a bar kicks out a person because they are too intoxicated to order another drink, they should also be responsible to get that person to safety. Maybe order an Uber, paid for by the Bar. Or, call LE. LE could both perform a life saving act by incarcerating this intoxicated person and keeping them safe until they are sober enough to make that phone call and have someone come to bail them out.

This is not a new problem, but there are solutions.

JMO

SBM
It was also after (or part of) a formal.
Something to think about...If the boots were fairly new and not broken in, he might have developed blisters on his feet from all the walking and running. Also, if he wasn't used to wearing boots, he might not have had thick socks on which, between the effects of alchohol/drugs? and hurting feet, would make him clomp. Another thought about being near the embankment edge... If he was relieving himself or even just walking along the rim, boots are normally smooth-soled, and I've seen reports that it had rained that day. I think he could have lost his footing due to muddy slick conditions. JMO

I get it but they were making the rounds of country and western style bars and the cowboy boots fit the ticket. People who never wear cowboys on a regular basis can cripple themselves pretty quickly. We have this annual multi-day country band festival in Ontario called Boots and Hearts and you see thousands of young girls walking around day one with boots and short frilly dresses. The next day they are hobbling around in boots and short frilly dresses.
Yes, that’s a damned uncomfortable feeling— one of the worst. Any kind of pain stemming from walking too much in new boots or shoes is excruciating. I recently had a trip to NYC ruined because my new shoes did me in on the very first day. I even had to walk around and enter a restaurant in stocking feet — I was effectively crippled.

The pain can only have added to poor Riley’s difficulties. :(

Missing Mizzou student Riley Strain‘s last communication was an unclear text message he sent to a new girl he was seeing.

“She texted him to see how he was doing, if he was having fun. He sent kind of a scripted text back to her saying ‘Good lops,'” Chris Dingman said during a Monday interview on NewsNation’s “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.”

Dingman described the message as unclear slang. The girl had difficulty understanding its meaning and had to resort to searching online for clarification. Dingman said that it reflects Strain’s mental state at the time.

I am very sad about the disappearance of Riley. IMO, every day that goes by, the less likely he will be found safely.

I think if a bar kicks out a person because they are too intoxicated to order another drink, they should also be responsible to get that person to safety. Maybe order an Uber, paid for by the Bar. Or, call LE. LE could both perform a life saving act by incarcerating this intoxicated person and keeping them safe until they are sober enough to make that phone call and have someone come to bail them out.

JMO
Riley was at the bar with a group of friends. They should have either called Uber or left with Riley.

JMO

JMO
I think probably because of this incident, people will want some kind of assurance that an extremely inebriated individual is not going to simply be turned loose in a city they don’t know. One wonders also what would have been the case had Riley had a vehicle and keys. It would seem very dangerous for everyone to expel an intoxicated person to go careening off in a car.

Riley was at the bar with a group of friends. They should have either called Uber or left with Riley.

JMO
His family put out an update today saying that after he was kicked out of the bar, he tried to go to another bar but was declined entry. So it's possible he told his friends he would meet them there or otherwise was not originally intending on going back to the hotel.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a drunk individual, carrying a $1000 phone, walk through a homeless encampment at night without losing their phone?
If the phone is in the river, no foul play. If the phone is not in the river…
The one thing that bolsters that theory as well is that Riley looked different: Preppy, clean, and well off. That in itself would draw unwanted attention to him. Of course if the phone is located on land it would be extremely suspicious, but that hasn’t occurred.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can a drunk individual, carrying a $1000 phone, walk through a homeless encampment at night without losing their phone?
If the phone is in the river, no foul play. If the phone is not in the river…
If it wasn't in the river it would be able to be tracked the second it was powered back on. Provided he had it set up correctly, it would also be able to be tracked while powered down for a period of time if someone with an apple device was in a certain proximity to it (provided that someone with an apple device had the setting on as well).

Last edited:

JMO
I agree, the best case scenario would have been his friends getting him home safely. But his friends were probably very intoxicated as well. None of them were capable of making wise decisions.

IMO. realistically it was the Bar that should have been responsible for Riley's safety after they determined he had had too much to drink and kicked him out of the bar. Where did they think this highly intoxicated and compromised person would go? They just wanted him out of their bar.

Bars make high profits from their liquor sales, they should also be responsible to get their highly intoxicated patrons home or to the relative safety of a jail cell.

Just my opinion, hoping Riley is found soon.

I agree, the best case scenario would have been his friends getting him home safely. But his friends were probably very intoxicated as well. None of them were capable of making wise decisions.

IMO. realistically it was the Bar that should have been responsible for Riley's safety after they determined he had had too much to drink and kicked him out of the bar. Where did they think this highly intoxicated and compromised person would go? They just wanted him out of their bar.

Bars make high profits from their liquor sales, they should also be responsible to get their highly intoxicated patrons home or to the relative safety of a jail cell.

Just my opinion, hoping Riley is found soon.
the bar said he violated their code of conduct. It didn't say he'd had too much to drink.

Are any of the videos from BEFORE he fell? If they are all after, let’s take the thought of him being intoxicated out of the mix and replace it with him having a serious head injury. If you watch the videos with only that thought in mind, it would also explain him stumbling, looking down a lot, not seeming to know where to go, etc. He could have walked anywhere if that’s the case and possibly collapsed at some point, not waking back up. I’ve seen discussion about the sound of his boys when he passes the officer. A concussion can cause weakness in the arms and legs, among many other symptoms.

Still wish we knew why he was thrown out of the bar. But his friends were not asked to leave with him. We are hearing what a great guy he is/was, and yet we know people do weird, stupid and sometimes mean things when intoxicated.

And it’s still so weird to me that within about a ten minute window, he went from stumbling and falling to being able to speak to the officer briefly.

Had he walked the route back to their hotel before? Did they just arrive in Nashville that day? Broadway is a busy street with tons of businesses all attached. Did he ever realize once he turned onto Gay St/First that it looked very different from where he should have been on Broadway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper