Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's 35-40 miles downriver or so in the water. Quite a ways, but it has been many days. Hopefully their efforts are fruitful.
"The search for missing Missouri student Riley Strain intensified Wednesday morning as officials confirmed they were focusing efforts at the Cheatham Lock and Dam near Ashland City."

(Wow, that's quite a distance. I realize the image from Google Maps below labels it as Sycamore Creek, but if I zoom out, it changes the name to Cheatham Lake, but then the label for Nashville disappears, so I tried to at least get Nashville into the image. My arrow points to Ashland City and the Cumberland River, but it looks as though the Cheatham Lock and dam are even further northwest of there.)

View attachment 491802

@burtstaggsnews

Just In: The search for #RileyStrain has moved down stream to the area of the Cheatham County Lock & Dam near Ashland City. Official call it a "focused effort" The CCSO called it a basic shutdown of the facility.

Whoa on a map it does seem SUPER far. This makes sense though. In the case of Dakota Bingham, a young man in his late 20s who went missing from almost the same point in the river, turned up in Rock Harbor Marina 5 days after he went missing. This is day 12 for Riley so barring any interference from debris or brush, this distance makes sense. Wild.

DB was also about RS's weight (160), but shorter at 6'0"

Here's where Rock Harbor is:
View attachment 491810
It’s about 35 miles from Nashville. Sorry if someone already said that-

Snipped by me: "... LE in Nashville ... are doing all they can. No amount of searching will be enough for a family who is desperate to find their child -- nor should it be! The more hands on deck, the better. ..."
Do others hear a logic flaw in this?
They're doing all they can; but, the more hands the better. "All they can" has not been enough! Nashville LE said they have the same resources as TBI so they didn't need to ask for help, but THE MORE THE BETTER!!!
Yeah I see lots of red flags with the presser and the search, but I'll just sit with it and pray.

Can you help me understand this? I’m struggling to agree because honestly even if he fell on his way to the water he would hit trees & bushes before he got to the water. It’s not a clear path to the water.

It’s very steep right down to the water there at Gay St.

RS could have stumbled, fell of the little cliff, rolled, got caught in brush then got up, took off again disoriented into the river.

So I think if he had the fall then tumbled and stumbled on down to the bottom he could have gotten up and plunged blindly forward into the river.

all imo

I have drank myself to puking/black out multiple times and the effects don't look anything like RS on video. Both he and Delano Burkes make eerily similar movements. In the video clips of RS he is "flailing" his arms like he can't feel them. The EXACT same movement can be seen in Delano in the one security video that caught him before he was in the water. My own opinion is that both men had been roofied which could explain the low drink count and the over intoxicated results.

The homeless people need to be questioned heavily.
Where did Mr. Strain go afterwards?

BBM.

I totally agree. Also, whoever Riley was last seen talking to at the bar needs to be questioned. If he only had one (or two) drinks at the bar, then the bartenders, the waitress, the bouncer and any one else who was nearby interacting with Riley from the time the drinks were served to him until he left the bar.

I just started following but after watching that video of poor Riley walking alone down the street, flailing his arms everywhere after being told to leave a bar has played out time and time again with other young men in many river cities over the years. Only to be found weeks or months later floating dead in a river after it has been searched multiple times before. Sad.

JMHO

Last edited:
No issue with your statement, although we are LE-friendly, I was trying to point out Nashville LE's reluctance to ask for help and also apparently following normal missing persons procedures when time was of critical importance.
No issue here, either, just trying to understand and ask questions! There have been lots of additional folks involved since he went missing, including the Cajun Navy, non-profits, individuals, and now, additional police departments in other counties. Is there a reason they shouldn't be following normal missing persons procedures?

I read comments from a former FBI agent who said that the area in which his CC was found should be taped off and treated as a potential crime scene. He thinks all the garbage in that area should be sifted through for any type of hair, fiber, etc. Who knows? Maybe his wallet could be found in all that debris.

I read comments from a former FBI agent who said that the area in which his CC was found should be taped off and treated as a potential crime scene. He thinks all the garbage in that area should be sifted through for any type of hair, fiber, etc. Who knows? Maybe his wallet could be found in all that debris.
You would expect this to be normal protocol, yes. The TikTok women who found his bank card expressed surprise at the area not being police-taped off.

However, is this a general practice in missing persons cases, which law enforcement designated this as from the start. Perhaps if criminal activity is only potential, they cannot cordon areas off?

Oh but they are looking for a missing person not little pieces of evidence. SMDH

This makes sense though because if FBI is involved in an adult missing persons case, it's usually because foul play is involved or because the crime has occurred on federal property or crossed state lines. So it would be a criminal investigation. Missing persons investigations are looking for a person, not a person's things. As backwards as that seems to me also, it seems to be pretty typical that missing persons cases focus on finding a body of a person. I think that's why we see so many missing persons cases go unsolved or get solved after evidence is found by civilians. Is it a good system? Maybe not, but for better or worse, there's protocol and bureaucracy issues in all these situations.

The city could always pass some sort of ordnance or put in place some sort of program where drunk people are taken home, but I don’t know what that would look like.

Especially when you’re talking about a mega bar where people are going to be forced to leave quite frequently.
Hotels are already doing that with airport shuttles -- arrivals and departures. Just consider expanding that service. Maybe each hotel who wants to participate offer shuttle service to clubs and back -- they can simply charge the service like they do room service. Make sure each hotel guest is given a card with phone number very boldly, plainly written, and bar employees be encouraged to call the number if requested or if guest is really bombed. Guests are charged only if service is used.

I can also see this as a good advertising point for each hotel that participates. In Knoxville and Atlanta, there are already hotels who provide pickup and parking services for people who want to leave vehicles cheaper than long-term parking at the airport.

Another possibility would be a bus system. A private company could put something together or participating hotels could collectively buy buses which have regular rounds each evening. Each bar / restaurant have a backdoor (preferably with easy vehicle access) where over-indulging guests can wait quietly for the bus and where the bus (wouldn't you have to love those drivers though?) could pick up guests then make the round of hotels for drop off and back again.

Now, I personally suggest vehicles that can be hosed out each day and dry out in time for the evening rush.

I can see that as a good selling point for hotels when they advertise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman