Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for the needed correction. I thought that RS had gone with an academic / major fraternity. Sigma Chi was on my campus as well- though I cant remember what kind of reputation they had.

The aspects of being a social fraternity comprised of selected members with a bonding process likely also included the understanding that the pub crawl would be a group activity- abiet with some members being more deeply involved than others.

The totality seems to suggest that RS was owed more support than he received.
Agreed.

My daughter recently graduated university and was in a sorority. She heard about Riley and was in Nashville shortly after he was found. Her sisters were all pretty tight and she said that never would have happened with her sorority. But then again, girl v boy thing. I suspect Riley's machismo after getting bounced played into his decision to go to the hotel alone.

JMO

My daughter recently graduated university and was in a sorority. She heard about Riley and was in Nashville shortly after he was found. Her sisters were all pretty tight and she said that never would have happened with her sorority.
Though not in a sorority per se, my daughter runs track and cross country for her University.

She seconded what your daughter said. RS's situation simply would not have happened with her team. Its also a very bonded group. Whether its team parties off campus, or going out after a travel meet, they also follow the: "Nobody ever walks (or runs- get it, get it) alone" policy.

When one male team mate wanted to split off and participate in a relatively rambunctious beach volleyball game with locals, another male on the team also stayed behind with him.

She also told met that when she left a team social at night early to study, two male team mates walked her to her car down the street- the fact that it was a good area did not matter.

Last edited:
Baltz called Strain within two to three minutes of his ejection and told investigators Strain said he was a "few blocks" on his way to the hotel, about a half mile from the bar, the report said.

This sounds reasonable, that Riley's fraternity brother called him within 2-3 minutes of Riley's ejection from the bar and Riley's telling him that he as on his way back to their hotel which was close by. I don't see any fault of the frat brother if this is the case, he assumed that Riley could make it back to the hotel which was in very close proximity.

Tragic conclusion but it is a relief to hear that he likely wasn't the target of a crime, just unfortunate bad luck with his choices.
A conclusion I disagree with. Riley was found in the river without his pants, his boots or his wallet. There's no way a river current would remove pants and boots while leaving on his button-down shirt. One or more of Riley's credit cards was found on the bank of the river, a short distance from a notorious homeless encampment. That credit card probably got there while whoever "rolled" Riley was riffling through his wallet. His pants and boots were probably removed by whichever nearby criminal wanted them. My opinion only.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dnstfr
Back