Found Deceased TN - Robert Milka, 49, father of 5, Knoxville, 14 Apr 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't see on Google maps where the Tennessee River goes near his apartment or even over/under I-40. That doesn't mean he didn't make his way there if he was jogging. Other than retention ponds in developed areas, I don't see any other bodies of water.

Did he own any firearms? Did he seem despondent over anything in particular? Did he have any major health issues, like newly diagnosed cancer or something scary?

That's a negative for him. She could arrange visits with HIS boys thru HIM, they're Dad. Very provoking passive aggressive behavior in my opinion. MOO
I don't see it at all; quite the opposite. He doesn't seem to be living with any of his children. If she's estranged from him, she could much easier arrange visits through the person his older children are living with. On his fb cover page from a couple of years ago they seem like a happy blended family, which could mean there was a good relationship with the first wife before the last marriage broke down. Why would he feel threatened if he has access to all his children (including stepchildren)? Perhaps he is even in a new relationship.

Last edited:
<modsnip> The missing info says he's a father of 5. I'm assuming he has 2 children from a prior relationship? If they are likely older, have they had any contact with him? Also, I found this post about him leaving his job as an emergency communicator in 2020. This is in the Chicago area (where I live). His linkedIN info for that job: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-milka-enp-68216755?trk=people-guest_people_search-card

I found arrest info for someone of his exact name, age, state of residence, and a wife named Brianne (found through a white pages search) for DUI. MSM article here: 40-Foot Trailer Reported Stolen: Sheriff (ignore the trailer stolen, his arrest info was above that of the trailer thieves, not related) Kendall County Court Record for DUI here: (public site, no fee to view) Online Court Records | Kendall County, IL. Arrest was several years before he left his job so very likely unrelated.

Just some things to think about. He leaves a career of 24 years, moves across the country, marriage ending. History of DUI. I am so worried about he and his family.

Last edited by a moderator:
New police appeal: Knoxville Police Department - TN

The KPD is still working to locate 49-year-old Robert Milka, who was last seen on April 15. Robert was reported missing from Bell Walker’s Crossing Apartments near Gallaher View. Robert, seen in the attached photos, is approximately 5’7 and 170 pounds with brown hair. Anyone who sees Robert should call 9-1-1 while anyone with information concerning his whereabouts is asked to call 865-215-7212.

<modsnip> The missing info says he's a father of 5. I'm assuming he has 2 children from a prior relationship? If they are likely older, have they had any contact with him? Also, I found this post about him leaving his job as an emergency communicator in 2020. This is in the Chicago area (where I live). His linkedIN info for that job: https://www.linkedin.com/in/rob-milka-enp-68216755?trk=people-guest_people_search-card

I found arrest info for someone of his exact name, age, state of residence, and a wife named Brianne (found through a white pages search) for DUI. MSM article here: 40-Foot Trailer Reported Stolen: Sheriff (ignore the trailer stolen, his arrest info was above that of the trailer thieves, not related) Kendall County Court Record for DUI here: (public site, no fee to view) Online Court Records | Kendall County, IL. Arrest was several years before he left his job so very likely unrelated.

Just some things to think about. He leaves a career of 24 years, moves across the country, marriage ending. History of DUI. I am so worried about he and his family.
DUI would indicate blog referenced RM not a prior husband

Was he laid off? Didn't he find another job after moving to TN?
Not sure if he was laid off or willingly changed careers, but he was there for a long time and left dispatch in Chicago, IL to go work at the post office in TN. If he left because of the stress, that is an indication that he was on the verge of a breakdown.

If there truly were suspicious people outside then he could have encountered foul play. It wouldn't make sense that he would be missing if the suspicious people were only a hallucination.
<modsnip>
This thread isn't about his wife. She wasn't anywhere near him when he disappeared. They have been separated for some time. We're not even allowed to sleuth her.

IIRC, there was another case where a woman was staying alone in a family cabin in the woods. She called family to report that she was being attacked (she was shooting back at the attacker) and then she went missing. She was found deceased weeks/months later on another property. There was no actual attack.

IIRC, there was another case where a woman was staying alone in a family cabin in the woods. She called family to report that she was being attacked (she was shooting back at the attacker) and then she went missing. She was found deceased weeks/months later on another property. There was no actual attack.
And that's my point. In other cases, there has been information provided about the last phone call and person feeling a threat of some sort and asking the public to come forward with any additional info. This case seems like that information got dismissed. The police waited before even releasing info about his disappearance. I just want his parents and kids to get all of the information they can about their loved one.

But with the amount of middle-aged men that go missing and end up dead in a forest preserve, I know that he he may have just gone off and killed himself. Now that people aren't looking for a red sweatshirt, maybe that will help find him, too.

And that's my point. In other cases, there has been information provided about the last phone call and person feeling a threat of some sort and asking the public to come forward with any additional info. This case seems like that information got dismissed. The police waited before even releasing info about his disappearance. I just want his parents and kids to get all of the information they can about their loved one.

But with the amount of middle-aged men that go missing and end up dead in a forest preserve, I know that he he may have just gone off and killed himself. Now that people aren't looking for a red sweatshirt, maybe that will help find him, too.
Maybe his neighbors have already been interviewed by police? It's not a given though that they would have heard a commotion in the middle of the night.

Maybe his neighbors have already been interviewed by police? It's not a given though that they would have heard a commotion in the middle of the night.

Yes, his immediate neighbors have been interviewed, but who is to say that someone outside of the apartment complex or a visitor leaving around the same time didn't see something that would now seem important if they knew this info. It just seems like the police were buying into the stbx-wife's theory that he skipped town. That's less than a 50% probability since he took nothing with him.

Yes, his immediate neighbors have been interviewed, but who is to say that someone outside of the apartment complex or a visitor leaving around the same time didn't see something that would now seem important if they knew this info. It just seems like the police were buying into the stbx-wife's theory that he skipped town. That's less than a 50% probability since he took nothing with him.
I don't think the police would choose one theory over others without clear indications (evidence) in favor of that theory. For some reason they are cautious about releasing info to the public.

But he had just returned from visiting his kids and there could've been an argument that effected his emotional well being. MOO
That still wouldn't have made her responsible. Surely it wouldn't have been the first time they would argue. Was there a new situation? Of course we don't know if anything of the sort occurred. Maybe the visit went great. Didn't he quit his job before the visit?

Last edited:
IMO he didn't leave willingly to go start fresh somewhere.
Not like this - staging the scene as otherwise? Not buying that.

The scenarios I can think of mean he's in danger, sorry to say.
I hope LE is searching the area as meticulously as possible. I also hope I'm wrong and he really did just walk away for some time to rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
somnus
Back