GA - Rapper Young + others indicted on RICO & other charges, May 2022. Trial ongoing April 2023, interruptions, lawyer arrested. Fulton County. #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Continued:
Thursday, September 5, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

Sledge testified that members of YSL and Young went to Miami after the murder of Donovan Thomas for a show and video shoot. He didn’t go because he had been fake DMs on social media accusing him of killing Thomas so he decided to stay back to protect his family.

Sledge is getting frustrated with Love's questioning saying that Love keeps asking him the same questions three to four times and his answer is not changing.

Sledge said he is a Tom Brady fan and used to bet on the Patriots.

Court is done for the day and will resume at 9 a.m.

Last edited:
Friday, Sept. 6, 2024

@JozsefPapp_

I've been keeping an eye on the #YSL/#YoungThug trial today while working on other stuff and it's been a bit of a mess with the jury only hearing about 10 minutes of testimony before being sent back to the jury room, after starting an hour late.

"We've had, what, five minutes of actual trial time so far?" Whitaker said about the constant delay.

I've been busy covering the school shooting hearings but I'm catching up on Sledge's testimony.The state asked him questions about the days surrounding the murder of Donovan Thomas.

The state played a video of Sledge taking his plea deal in December 2022 in front of Judge Ural Glanville. After playing and asking a couple of questions, the state was done with their examination of Sledge.

Attorney Max Schardt was the first to cross-examine Sledge and began asking him questions about his December 2022 plea deal.

Sledge described the Fulton County Jail as a dangerous and filthy place.Sledge confirmed that his mother was ill when he took the plea deal and had eight children when he took the plea deal.

Schardt was trying to ask Sledge about him not being able to afford his attorney for trial when Judge Whitaker called for lunch to hear argument about Schardt's questions.Lunch break until 1:30 p.m. so Judge Whitaker can also deal with Rule 22 issues.

Friday, Sept. 6, 2024, Continued:

"Mr. Sledge had two options, plead guilty or wait for an appointed attorney to try this case and he would have been sitting in jail and he'd still be in jail today," Schardt argued about being able to ask those questions to Sledge in front of the jury.

"All of those cases are ready to be tried right now. Everybody that has been severed for that reason is ready," Whitaker said.

Schardt will be allowed to ask his three questions that the state objected to.

After a brief hearing on Rule 22 issue, Judge Whitaker is allowing @InfamousSylvia to continue to live stream the trial and gave her some warnings about potentially giving identifying information about jurors and using "nicknames" on them.

A man who identified himself as a podcaster asked Whitaker to be allowed to use a cellphone and a laptop in court and Whitaker approved it.

After those issues were resolved, the state is going through some exhibits, including videos of Lebron James and others, that Steel wants to introduce during cross-examination.

Steel wants to play videos showing Lebron James, Stefon Diggs, CeeDee Lamb and others wiping their nose, a sign that prosecutors allege is used by YSL members as a "gang sign.”

Love argued that the videos are nothing more than people imitating "hand motions or lip-syncing words" that Young made popular through his music and songs.

Judge Whitaker told Steel he can only play two-three of those videos showing famous people wiping their nose.

Sledge said being in Rice Street Jail for eight months and being separated from his sick mother and children and didn’t “have” a lawyer for trial put pressure towards taking a plea deal on December 2022.

“I wanted to go home to my sick mother,” Sledge said about whether disagreements he had about the factual acknowledgements in the plea deal would have made him reconsider taking the deal.

Schardt went through the factual acknowledgments one by one with Sledge before closing his cross-examination trying to ask Sledge why the state felt he was so dangerous when he was first arrested but not 7 months after when he got his plea deal. Love objected repeatedly to it.

Steel is now cross-examining Sledge.He starts off by having Sledge introduce his attorney Derek Wright to the jury to talk about a Zoom call they had together on June 9, 2024.

Love is constantly raising objections and asked the judge to approach the bench but Steel did not want to stop his cross-examination.“I would rather not stop because that is all Ms. Love does. I’ll rather continue,” Steel said.

Love asked Whitaker to strike from the record the “that’s all Ms. Love does” comment from Steel.

Steel went through each date of the Young 's and Travis Scott's Rodeo Tour even over Judge Whitaker asking if it was necessary.

"Do you have any personal knowledge that Jeffery Williams committed the murder of Donovan Thomas Jr.?" Steel asked Sledge.
"No," Sledge replied."In any fashion?" Steel asked."No," Sledge added.

A funny interaction occurred when Steel asked a questioned, Love raised an objection and Whitaker initally said "overruled" but she actually meant to say "sustained.”

Sledge testified that the video music shoot in Miami was already scheduled ahead of Jan. 10, 2015.

Sledge testified that he was never told his plea agreement is conditioned to what he says on trial.

Similar to with Schardt's cross-examination, Love is continually objecting to Steel's questions.

After some technical difficulties, Steel is playing videos that shows multiple NBA players and famous people wiping their nose.

Steel played a video showing @49ers WR Deebo Samuel wiping his nose and saying “Slime”.

Steel plans to go for 30 more minutes after Whitaker asked if they wanted to stay or continue on Monday.

It ended up being only 10 minutes so Whitaker is dismissing the jury for the day so they can address other issues.

Before they broke for the day almost an hour ago, Whitaker indicated that apparently Sledge’s attorney Derek Wright had been subpoenaed to testify by the state and asked if it would be a problem for Wright to continue to represent Sledge while he was on the stand.

Love said it wouldn’t be a problem and they will let him know when he is expected to testify after they are done with Sledge.

Last edited:
@JozsefPapp_

Judge Whitaker is on the bench as attorneys argue over certain issues before the jury is brought out.Young 's attorney Brian Steel mentions Rich Homie Quan as an expected witness in the case.

"The state had him on a short list. They didn't call him. They don't have to call witnesses, I get that. I was going to call him, he's already under subpoena," Steel said. Media and attorneys received a list in May 2024 that had Rich Homie Quan listed as an upcoming witness.

Steel brought up multiple interviews in which Rich Homie Quan talked about his relationship with Young that they "get along" and they never had a problem.

Adriane Love asked for some indulgence from the court to allow her to argue each of Steel's multiple issues one at a time but Whitaker tells her that she has two other lawyers at the state's table that can help her keep up with Steel, while she looks up some stuff.

Steel argued that he got Brady evidence from Antonio Sledge and his attorney Derek Wright after meeting with them regarding Donovan Thomas and Young .He doesn't raise it as a Brady violation, since he did end up getting the evidence but said the state should have shared it.

There was no mention of Rich Homie Quan's passing in court, just Steel mentioned him as an intended witness on behalf of Young to show that they didn't have a problem with each other.

Sledge has taken the stand and Steel is continuing his cross-examination.

Love once again begins to object to Steel’s questioning.

Steel is done with his cross-examination.Attorney Doug Weinstein is now cross-examining Sledge.

Weinstein just showed Sledge and is trying to admit the Tyreek Hill interview after yesterday's Miami Dolphins' game where he wiped his nose and said the word "Slatt”.

Here is the full interview by@NFLonCBS after the Dolphins' win. The gesture and word "Slatt" is mentioned towards the end of the interview. Hill was talking about getting pulled over and handcuffed on his way into the stadium over a traffic violation.

(If you didn't know, I'm a big Dolphins' fan and instantly picked up on this after watching the interview.)

"I didn't watch Miami game yesterday," Sledge said when asked if he had seen Tyreek Hill do that yesterday. It appears that Whitaker told Weinstein to find out if Sledge was aware about the video and since he wasn't, he couldn't play it.

Weinstein is done with his cross-examination and Love is now questioning Sledge on redirect.

@JozsefPapp_

"I just feel like it was forced on me at the time. I wasn't intimidated by it," Sledge testified after Love asked if the state had intimidated him to sign the plea agreement in December 2022.

Sledge testified that he tried to change things in the plea agreement but the state didn't change them so he felt "forced" to sign it.

Sledge said his mother has died since he took the plea deal.He said being away from his sick mother at Fulton County Jail was a bigger factor for him entering the guilty plea deal in December 2022.

Love seems to be getting frustrated with some of Sledge's answers.

"Ms. Love, I've been here four days, testifying I don't know how many hours, I can't remember all that stuff so I don't recall," Sledge said.

"Can you stop yelling at me like I'm your child or something? I'm not your child," Sledge said."You are not," Love said."You are talking aggressive to me," Sledge said.

"I'm not scared of them or you," Sledge said after Love asked him if any of the defendants or their lawyers were in court when he took his plea deal.

Sledge has begun to testify "I don't recall" to Love's questions. He says Love is "pressuring" him too much and trying to get him to say something he wants him to say.

Sledge said Love has already frustrated him by asking questions in a different way than defense attorneys did.

Judge Whitaker is taking an early lunch to allow Sledge to possibly clear his head and see if he is more responsive to Love's questions. Lunch until 12:30.

@cathyrusson

Doug Weinstein didn't get to completely ask this question over several objections from Love but the jury did hear the part of the question that was: If you were asked if YSL killed #Tupac, you would have.... - The gist is Sledge would have signed and agreed to anything at his plea to get out of jail, but he wasn't allowed to answer this question as it was speculation.

10:00 AM · Sep 9, 2024

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colinnew
Back