TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You think so, but in the moment, like I was downtown for 9/11, it is quite different when in the situation... and I have been levelheaded all my life... but when it gets weird like that, you are very thrown off... we all sat looking and trying to just figure it out first! You have no information in the moment and the first information given frankly was wrong... I just hope they figure this out fast!

I guess that true. But I’ve been in the situation before a couple times. I react FAST. My dad trained me. (He was kind of relentless with safety training. He always said “I tell you to run, don’t ask why.” And would drill us. My brothers and I are all trained that way.

A funny example, I worked in an old building in LB, that wasn’t earthquake safe. Sixth floor. Building started to shake. I was out the door, down all those flights of stairs and out of the building in about a minute flat. Before the others even registered what was going on (or so they said). I said earthquake but I guess they didn’t hear! They just said they saw me flying out of the door and then realized there was an earthquake.

I was worried about my family and determined not to leave them without me, in a pile of rubble!

Very true. This is such a weird one though. The timing of Christmas morning reduced casualties and also reduced the amount of attention. I didn’t even know about the bombing until late yesterday because I was busy with Christmas. I bet most of America wasn’t really paying attention to this until last night or today. Why do something so massive when everyone’s attention is elsewhere and also not send any clear message about who did it or why? Just strange.

I agree. It’s different.

Very true. This is such a weird one though. The timing of Christmas morning reduced casualties and also reduced the amount of attention. I didn’t even know about the bombing until late yesterday because I was busy with Christmas. I bet most of America wasn’t really paying attention to this until last night or today. Why do something so massive when everyone’s attention is elsewhere and also not send any clear message about who did it or why? Just strange.
I think it was timed to avoid casualties but at the same time early enough to get press attention. If the bomber had intended to cause mass casualties, why do it in that area so early in the morning? Not doing it the day before when others areas of Nashville were packed with people do last minute Christmas stuff and having it play a recording, seems to me, to having done it to get attention of some sort. They probably thought doing it so early in the morning it would dominate the news cycles.

I think eventually the why will come out and that's when it will get interesting. Doing it outside the AT&T building had a purpose, what that purpose was will eventually be known. With service being out in a widespread area, the possibilities and reasons are numerous

I think it was timed to avoid casualties but at the same time early enough to get press attention. If the bomber had intended to cause mass casualties, why do it in that area so early in the morning? Not doing it the day before when others areas of Nashville were packed with people do last minute Christmas stuff and having it play a recording, seems to me, to having done it to get attention of some sort. They probably thought doing it so early in the morning it would dominate the news cycles.

I think eventually the why will come out and that's when it will get interesting. Doing it outside the AT&T building had a purpose, what that purpose was will eventually be known. With service being out in a widespread area, the possibilities and reasons are numerous
If the apts had not been evacuated, the casualties would have been heavy. This bomber didn't care if people died. The whole audio warning thing could have been just to make his terrorist attack different and garner more attention. Perhaps these crazies are just trying to outdo the last crazy.

If the apts had not been evacuated, the casualties would have been heavy. This bomber didn't care if people died. The whole audio warning thing could have been just to make his terrorist attack different and garner more attention. Perhaps these crazies are just trying to outdo the last crazy.
I think they wanted to the apts evacuated to avoid casualties, hence the shots fired call and the recording from the rv playing for a while. It almost seems like they wanted the attention without having a mass casualty event

I think it’s clear this isn’t a foreign group nor is it a group at all. It’s a lone person. Or a couple of people known to the investigators. Otherwise there is no way in hell all those agencies would stand behind this statement:

"Let me reiterate that Nashville is safe. We feel and know that we have no known threats at this time," Metro Police Chief John Drake said Saturday.

I still doubt very much that the message was anything other than a recording. It reminds me of some emergency recordings that you’d hear in an office or some apartments in Japan. I vaguely remember watching a YouTuber from Japan and their apartment had announcements/warnings piped directly into the apartment. I’ve searched a bit on YouTube and found some that sound similar.

Emergency Reported in The Building Audible Alert Evacuate Warning Message 4K - YouTube

Notifier Slow Whoop Voice Evac Fire Alarm at the BYU Harman Building (HECB) - YouTube

The only difference is that there is no emergency warning sound to accompany the message. I think that the perp(s) either pre-recorded it or stole it from somewhere online. I found at least one person who posts recordings of them doing emergency warning messages. A recorded message would explain the slight variances in tone and the overall smooth nature of the voice in the message

Fire Alarm Emergency Warning Message 01 - YouTube

I haven't watched the press conference today but it's interesting that they discovered a person of interest so quickly. I'm kind of surprised that they've named him already though. If he isn't responsible that could cause a lot of problems for him.

Wasn't there a shooting that had a manifesto that was delayed so nobody knew it was coming until after the shooting? I think the guy put bombs in his apartment too.

ETA: I see this has already been answered, so please disregard.

You might be thinking about James Holmes. He mailed a notebook to his psychiatrist before he set bomb boobytraps in his apartment and then shot up the movie theater during a midnight premiere of The Dark Knight Rises in Colorado. The notebook didn’t arrive in the mail until a day or two after the shooting.

Last edited:
Nashville latest: Authorities investigating nearly 500 tips behind RV explosion
''Authorities are looking at a "number of individuals" and do not believe there is another subject as they investigate an explosion that rocked downtown Nashville on Christmas.

Law enforcement agencies have received nearly 500 tips after a parked recreational vehicle exploded Friday morning, causing extensive damage.

"We are continuing to follow every lead we have," U.S. Attorney Don Cochran said during a press briefing Saturday afternoon''

''The FBI is asking anyone with information to submit a tip on its website.''

I think they wanted to the apts evacuated to avoid casualties, hence the shots fired call and the recording from the rv playing for a while. It almost seems like they wanted the attention without having a mass casualty event

Seems clear to me. You don’t give a 15 minute warning if mass casualties is your objective. The goal is terror but something other than mass casualties. Which makes this one so odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cassie.ryan18