TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So.... who paid taxes for gift on the 2019 house? It's said that the 2020 quit claim wasn't known about by the receiver.
I know people often do a quit claim without paying the taxes. This is illegal, and sometime the IRS eventually catches them and makes them pay.

There is a way to avoid gift tax legally by filing a form saying you're using the Unified Estate credit, or something like that. This reduces the amount of wealth exempt from the estate tax when you die. This is not a problem for most people because the estate tax exemption is several million dollars, a value tweaked by Congress from time to time.

If he failed to pay gift taxes, I think that makes him a tax evader. I don't think it makes the recipient liable for the taxes.

I suspect he didn't file the form or pay the taxes, and it was just a typical sloppy financial move that the IRS often doesn't even notice.

Everything points to AQW being a paranoid conspiracy theorist IMO. Nobody puts up over a dozen surveillance cameras on a home in an average neighborhood unless they're paranoid, at least to some degree. Also, conspiracy theories are extremely easy to find and easy to get sucked into, especially if you frequent YouTube or Facebook (and several other social media networks). If you show interest in one thing (for example, the 5G causing cancer theory), they serve more and more of the same and similar videos. So if you stumble upon a conspiracy theory video on YouTube, you'll likely be served tons more videos about them. You'll also see things that people who liked the first video also watched. <modsnip>

The guy was a loner and being isolated (especially during Covid) can amplify existing paranoia. I believe the target was AT&T and he didn't really want to kill anyone (at least not anyone not attached to AT&T). Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving him a pass just because he was paranoid. He's still a terrorist. He still did a horrible thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could.
Or, if one were already planning on ending their life, they might use the cancer dx as an excuse to do certain things, without anyone asking too many nosy questions, like sign a quit claim deed to a house, or whatever unexpected or oddball things he did before Christmas morning.
As a cancer widow, I can attest that folks generally do not question the decisions (even the wacky ones) of people recently diagnosed with cancer.

jmo
Good points. I am terribly sorry for your loss!

I lost my father to pancreatic cancer late last January. We definitely questioned a lot less after the diagnosis. But we did, in some ways, worry more about some of the decisions he made while he was very sick. At any rate, if AQW did indeed have cancer and thought he would not survive, the diagnosis could have played a large role in all of this. JMO.

Everything points to AQW being a paranoid conspiracy theorist IMO. Nobody puts up over a dozen surveillance cameras on a home in an average neighborhood unless they're paranoid, at least to some degree. Also, conspiracy theories are extremely easy to find and easy to get sucked into, especially if you frequent YouTube or Facebook (and several other social media networks). If you show interest in one thing (for example, the 5G causing cancer theory), they serve more and more of the same and similar videos. So if you stumble upon a conspiracy theory video on YouTube, you'll likely be served tons more videos about them. You'll also see things that people who liked the first video also watched. <modsnip>

The guy was a loner and being isolated (especially during Covid) can amplify existing paranoia. I believe the target was AT&T and he didn't really want to kill anyone (at least not anyone not attached to AT&T). Don't get me wrong, I'm not giving him a pass just because he was paranoid. He's still a terrorist. He still did a horrible thing.
IMO as well, he gets no pass, no matter what. There are ways to make a statement and/or kill oneself without terrorizing others. JMO

Yeah. It's terrorism that forced people to experience terror both in the moment and in the aftermath as they try to figure out what happened and why, and whether there's more to come. It harmed law enforcement officers, destroyed property and communication abilities, and could have killed people and animals. It was an elaborate public suicide, probably with complex motives, and it was terrorism. Imagine this happening in another country, let alone being done by a dark-skinned person as referenced in the above post. What would it look like? Terrorism. By a suicide bomber. JMO.

I could be wrong but I’m thinking if someone from my Syrian-American family did this, people might not be interested in trying get a deeper understanding of them as a human. I consider AQW a domestic terrorist. However, I am personally curious to understand his motives. So it makes for interesting discussion here on WS for me at least. I would also like to know more about what the bomb was made of. I’m guessing he was ordering parts and having the boxes sent to his house and not the PO Box (per an earlier post.) MOO

Last edited:

Quoting myself <modsnip> because I forgot a source (sorry, I'm a bit rusty on WS):

Approximately 50% of Americans believe in at least one conspiracy theory: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-believe-in-some-conspiracy-theory-heres-why/

Specifically with medical conspiracy theories, still nearly 50%: Nearly half of Americans believe in at least one medical conspiracy theory, survey finds - PubMed

Article citing the above research: Half Of Americans Believe In Medical Conspiracy Theories

Statistically, it's likely that AQW believed in a conspiracy theory and I am betting it's related to 5G.

I think he put up 13 security cameras around his yard with the RV because he was building bombs in the RV.
I agree. Initially, I thought it may be due to burglaries in the area or paranoia, but neighbors state that many signs were placed around the RV in the backyard. He probably monitored around the RV with cameras as well. But he also installed security systems at some point according to reports. So it would make sense that he would have one himself. But I too suspect that he was monitoring the RV closely. Glad there wasn't a problem in his backyard though. It could have killed many neighbors.

I work in a hospital in the midwest. We were still having issues last night with our computers thanks to this. Meditech has been screwed up since the bombing. That is a huge issue in already chaotic hospitals.
Terrible! I work for a company that owns hospitals and we were terribly hacked a few months ago. Back to paper charts and everything! Hang in there, you are a hero!! ❤️

I agree. Initially, I thought it may be due to burglaries in the area or paranoia, but neighbors state that many signs were placed around the RV in the backyard. He probably monitored around the RV with cameras as well. But he also installed security systems at some point according to reports. So it would make sense that he would have one himself. But I too suspect that he was monitoring the RV closely. Glad there wasn't a problem in his backyard though. It could have killed many neighbors.

My first thought was: it's not paranoia if you really are doing something illegal and dangerous. Of course he would want to make sure a nosy neighbor wasn't snooping around his massive explosives operation.

My first thought was: it's not paranoia if you really are doing something illegal and dangerous. Of course he would want to make sure a nosy neighbor wasn't snooping around his massive explosives operation.
I can see why one would think that for sure. However, I have a cousin who is paranoid schizophrenic. He will do illegal things if they fit his paranoid narrative. It's such a confusing illness. JMO

I can see why one would think that for sure. However, I have a cousin who is paranoid schizophrenic. He will do illegal things if they fit his paranoid narrative. It's such a confusing illness. JMO

Right, I'm not saying there couldn't be another explanation. But I don't think we can write off things like security cameras as purely paranoia. It would be one thing if someone put up security cameras and barbed wire around a fish tank. But you'd think even a sane criminal would want to protect his bomb-making lab. You see similar security setups around meth labs. I have fraud clients that stored laptops in basement safes, their houses had safe rooms, etc. Is it paranoia or part of a coverup/protection for illegal activity?

Right, I'm not saying there couldn't be another explanation. But I don't think we can write off things like security cameras as purely paranoia. It would be one thing if someone put up security cameras and barbed wire around a fish tank. But you'd think even a sane criminal would want to protect his bomb-making lab. You see similar security setups around meth labs. I have fraud clients that stored laptops in basement safes, their houses had safe rooms, etc. Is it paranoia or part of a coverup/protection for illegal activity?
Right. Lots of meth labs in my area, most with lots of security cameras. Not mentally ill in a clinical sense, it goes with the business.

I think he put up 13 security cameras around his yard with the RV because he was building bombs in the RV.
That's the odd thing.
The property they searched the other day at 115 Bakertown doesn't have all the security cams mentioned. It's the other property mentioned that has LOADS of surveillance.

The pics of the building from current MSM look almost identical to the pics on google street view and there are 2 cams, at best. There are 2 areas that have what appear to be spotlights, one on the side of the house over the fenced yard, and another at the back of the house over the parking area. (Included a pic of the antennae mentioned in MSM as well). All pics are from Google Maps

Attachments

• 115ant.jpg
    115ant.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 79
  • 115cam1.jpg
    115cam1.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 115cam2.jpg
    115cam2.jpg
    324.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 115lights1.jpg
    115lights1.jpg