TN - RV Explosion, Nashville, 25 Dec 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
@KonaHonu , I’m not sure about TN but some states allow voting rights to be restored after probation is complete.
I'm aware of that but it seems to be a recent trend.

Restoration of Voting Rights | Tennessee Secretary of State

Apparently given the date of his conviction he would have automatically been eligible to vote without taking any steps on his own. I'm too lazy tonight to look into when his rights would have been restored.

So, I guess if he was eligible to vote and never even registered that suggests even more strongly to me that he did not have any strong political beliefs.

Anthony Warner identified as lone bomber in Nashville explosion: Feds

Schmoldt said while the RV had been parked outside the home for years, a couple weeks ago, Warner built a gate in the fence and drove the RV into his yard.

Warner received packages frequently, his neighbor said, and in the past year installed a mailbox. Previously, Warner used a post office box to receive his mail but then began receiving packages at home, Douglas said.

They always ask the mail carrier. My sibling was Gary Heidniks mailman. Long before shopping on line etc. But your mail carrier knows alot.

I wonder why those certain years? I’m just aware because I’ve been thru it in SC for marijuana and just swore under oath (they can check) that everything (probation, fine) was completed. With that, they gave me the card and allowed the pothead to vote.

Wait, we have a pothead on this forum? I'm shocked!

Wait, we have a pothead on this forum? I'm shocked!

I was surprised that the state allowed voting rights back, and this was 32 years ago in the drug war 80s.

I’m thinking Warner didn’t have any political passions either. Nobody (ex GF, neighbors, friends) has talked of him being political. Or 5G mad either but LE and MSM keep pushing that narrative.

I was so wrong about this explosion. Given the scope and sophistication, I really believed it was connected to a fringe group, with military bomb making type knowledge. The thing that threw me off though was the "no casualties" plan.
It's frightening what one unhinged person can do.

I think this is going to turn out to be a simple but sad story once all the facts are in. Seems to me that AQW likely got a cancer diagnosis a couple of months ago. As an independent contractor his health insurance may not have been great so his financial ability to fight it may have been limited. And having apparently helped his brother in a cancer fight recently he may well have seen to difficulties and futility of it.

So he tries to make a few last acts to make his life mean something - he gives a house to his (presumed) daughter, puts his affairs in order, then makes a strike against a megacorp he has issues with (for various possible reasons). Not that I condone what he did at all but it does not seem like this is going to be overly complicated.

I'm also wondering if the old girlfriend he reportedly confided in is MS's mother.

I can't help but wonder if his life would have been much different were it not for the drug conviction when he was 20. We don't know the details but I suspect it was for marijuana possession given the sentence but that felony would have impacted his employment prospects for a long time. It would also explain why he never voted. I doubt that someone who was not allowed to vote would have much interest in politics.

I have a hard time feeling any sympathy for a guy that blows up an RV in a downtown area. But in my sleuthing today I have uncovered a whole lot of sadness around AQW.

Something also seems "off" in his legal fight with his elderly mother over ownership of the home she was living in. Sounds like there was a history of bad relationships in the family. Maybe the result was an inability to have healthy relationships with women, often part of the profile of this type of criminal.

Something also seems "off" in his legal fight with his elderly mother over ownership of the home she was living in. Sounds like there was a history of bad relationships in the family. Maybe the result was an inability to have healthy relationships with women, often part of the profile of this type of criminal.
Who knows what kind of family drama there was. Mom and Dad were divorced so that raises all kinds of possibilities that probably have nothing to do with the present situation. (Sorry, no link about the divorce but widely reported in MSM)

I believe it was worm who said she was an avid gardener...;)

Correct ;winks: But I would make for a very scary looking woman.

Reading back to that Daily Mail article a page back, they say they have electronic devices that LE is checking into but a lot of speculation about the 5G motive, calling it “unofficial”. I want to hear more from the ex girlfriend if he was confiding in her.

Correct ;winks: But I would make for a very scary looking woman.

Reading back to that Daily Mail article a page back, they say they have electronic devices that LE is checking into but a lot of speculation about the 5G motive, calling it “unofficial”. I want to hear more from the ex girlfriend if he was confiding in her.
Ok worm the farmer :), Yes I too would like to know more about what the ex might know.....but I think it's unlikely we will learn anything. I also read that the investigators took the "motherboard" from the house.....maybe they will learn more from that?

I’m also curious about the mans actual camping habits. I used to camp a lot and most people usually have favorite places, like a “home away from home” type mentality to it. Did he meet and talk to others in campgrounds? Or was it a ruse for what he was doing? One of those tips that LE got was specific To “making bombs in his camper” and that suggests first hand knowledge.

If I understood correctly, the mother didn't live in the home at the time of dispute (the parents were divorced). She moved in after the home was given to her in a quit-claim deal.

Is it rage? Is it despair? To what extent does it matter for the purposes of profiling? Or for discussing the wider social or moral context of his crime?

I think it's all just a continuation of a modern dialogue about grievance and protest and what are and are not acceptable methods for communicating and addressing one's grievances. Over the summer there was a similar argument about damage and unrest in many places. You had people saying peaceful protest is fine but that we should draw a line at protests that involved looting, smashing windows, starting fires, damaging homes and businesses. There was a rebuttal to that, more common in some political circles than others that "it's just property" and that it was callous to bring up property damage to people who are acting in response to concerns about government actions and policies they felt meant people's lives being actually in danger.

We can't know whether or not AQW was even paying attention to any of these arguments, let alone if he was swayed by any of them. It may be that he saw his own death more as a sort of martyrdom than any of that. In that way maybe his mindset was more similar to the Tunisian street vendor whose act of self-immolation is often cited as a galvanizing event in the Tunisian protests that set off the Arab Spring.

Is it rage? Is it despair? Or is it a type of narcissism, a delusion of grandeur, a way that somebody who feels insignificant and victimized constructs a new self-narrative where they can play the part of the brave revolutionary instead? Or even where they, wittingly or not, become the victimizer? I think there's an argument for all of the above, that often despair that leads to self-harm is kind of an internalized rage, and this act had both that component, and also externalized rage.

Someone like Timothy McVeigh is all externalized rage. He wanted to cause significant damage. He didn't want to die for his 'cause' but he was unconcerned if others did. Meanwhile the vendor who set himself on fire wasn't trying to injure anyone or anything else, that was all internalized. IRA car bombers apparently used to give warnings to minimize casualties. But they typically didn't blow themselves up. The Boston bombers were trying to maximize casualties, but they weren't suicidal.

So this bomber doesn't fit neatly into boxes we'd like to stick him in. We don't share his grievances, we don't approve of his methods or their results. There is much about him not to like.

But I think in the middle of a pandemic and the intense social isolation it has caused there's something that hits a little too close to home for some about his loss and his loneliness too.

Does anyone have a link to a photo of the antenna his neighbor said he was always “tinkering with”? (My grandfather was a ham radio operator and was always tinkering with an antenna on his roof.)
I often tinker with my antennas on the roof too.

I don't get the 5G thing because it seemed more like a marketing need to shoehorn new any new wireless technologies into something they could market as a new generation. The things they picked were ways to support ever-growing numbers of users in limited available spectrum. So it seems like a nothing burger to me. It's hard to see how it could be part of a conspiracy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluestlamb