TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The "affadavit"referenced in the article is "Inventory of Seized property" and part of the Audrey Hale Warrant redacted. It has 47 entries.

Written for each entry under" location where found" there were distinct areas called out. Basement was spelled out. LR I am assuming Living Room? Then there is B1, B2, B3 - fair to assume Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2, Bedroom 3?

Since the suicide note and passwords were found in B2 on the desk and the bulk of the journals were found in B2 under the bed, fair to say that may have been the killer's primary bedroom? Also in the closet was a gun.

The five yearbooks from the Covenant School as well as a Covenant School Picture were found in B1. Safe to assume that the 5 yearbooks were different years? Or do we think it was 5 copies of the same yearbook for the only year Audrey attended? Did anyone else in the house attend or perhaps work at the Covenant School who would have interest in a yearbook? In B1 were also 3 home videos (11 more Home videos found in the basement under the stairs). Also under the bed in B1 was a MAC with stickers.

In B3 there was a MAC with stickers/Windows Microsoft laptop/MAC laptop no stickers/Samsung tablet. Also in B3 there was a psych folder/medical folder(2) and a gun next to the desk.

As far as the electronics go, I know in my house for just me, I have two active laptops, an ipad and an active iphone. I also have quite a few old iphones and prob 4 old laptops. They were never wiped clean and I just have them in a box collecting dust. So the number of electronics seized does not appear at all unusual for the household to me.

This list is by no means all inclusive/exhaustive. I am just musing about the seized items I find interesting on my first glance at the list.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought the word affadavit was incorrect, but what the heck do I know. Lol

I noticed that a Cresswell yearbook was seized, too. Iirc, that was middle school?

Hale went there, so it seems like there was an issue with the specific place? I don't know.
Selecting that target in response to an issue could increase the chances of a hate crime (depending on what the issues were). For example, issues with conservative Chrsitian teachings on sexuality, gender, sexual expression etc.

I am thinking, however, that the school was selected purely for shock value and a perception that it would be an easier target.

Familiarity might of also been a factor. Though her attendance was brief and years ago, she would still had general memories of the interior.

Here's the only recent article I can find on the actual case.

<modsnip>

From link:

In a television interview, David Rausch, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said he had studied Hale's writings and that it was 'mischaracterization' to call them a 'manifesto.'

They feature none of the 'ideological expressions' found in other mass killers' screeds, he said, such as the 35,000-word essay about the collapse of industrial society by 'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski in 1995.

'One is specifically a plan, and the other is some journal-type rantings,' Rausch said.

It's really unfortunate mental health issues you can see as you read through the journals.'

End Quote

Last edited by a moderator:

Evidently, LE is indicating the journal writing are not manifestos but the diary of a madperson.

From link:

In a television interview, David Rausch, director of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation, said he had studied Hale's writings and that it was 'mischaracterization' to call them a 'manifesto.'

They feature none of the 'ideological expressions' found in other mass killers' screeds, he said, such as the 35,000-word essay about the collapse of industrial society by 'Unabomber' Ted Kaczynski in 1995.

'One is specifically a plan, and the other is some journal-type rantings,' Rausch said.

It's really unfortunate mental health issues you can see as you read through the journals.'

End Quote
That makes sense imo, you'd think if AH had compiled something for the world to see it would have been left online.

So, on last thread, people tried to help me out by saying rage is self-affirming and makes a person feel purposeful, perhaps even happy.

I'm so confused. Obviously, that can't be the only way to define rage. Feeling purposeful is not rage.

Are there people who feel useless UNTIL they feel rage? Is that what people mean when they say "rage"? Or "passion"?

At any rate, I now have human- generated definitions of "rage" that point in different directions. Something more is needed.

And I'll go back to the desire to self-harm/suicide. Is this something that, like rage, is universal and self-activating?

For now, I'm going to go with no one has an explanation for what just happened in TN.

IMO.
I think there are explanations. Just not rational ones. I want to read everything she wrote. How can we address irrational beliefs if we don't have access to the source documents written by these perps? Too many times there is nothing left behind to shed light on their thinking.

We may learn a lot, even if it's just more about the need for earlier mental health interventions. AH strikes me as being like many other mass & school shooters. Warning signs were there. They always are. It's disturbing to think of worst case scenarios when someone exhibits signs of being troubled AND possessing a weapon. But we MUST.

JMO

Evidently, LE is indicating the journal writing are not manifestos but the diary of a madperson.

From link:

End Quote
"Same difference" as my high school classmates used to say. This guy needs to give us the docs and be quiet.

Calling them rantings when that is an opinion of one man without review by other experts - criminologists, psychologists, profilers, etc., is irresponsible.

Why? Because minimizing any evidence is irresponsible. Rausch should be assuring all Americans that this evidence is being handled with the greatest of interest and a serious professional effort to find any light it may shed on this mass murder.

While the writings may not be as articulate as would be helpful, there is a lot of forensic work into AH's background that could be & would be informed by what she wrote.

JMO

<modsnip: quoted post was removed> I remember reading that the Covenant School had one or more armed teachers or staff, although not security officers.
Have there been any updates regarding Covenant’s security people? This is the only info I could find at the link below, I wonder where were the staff members who were “packing” that morning?

At 10:12:05 a.m. Monday, a woman calling from the office of the nursery said, "We do have a school person, or two ... I'm not sure ... who would be packing, whose job it is for security. We don't have security guards, but we have staff."
She did not name who typically carried weapons, and it is not clear whether those staff members were at the school at the time of the shooting.”

I have not and I did not personally take that as a confirmation that staff was carrying, just that some do or have. just my personal thoughts.

I won't be surprised if its never released. In which case, all sorts of theories will develop as to why.
That might be the case.

Columbine released occurred after FOIA requests from media. I'm not convinced that media will pursue on this case. It's may be socially off limits? Maybe they will....imho

Last edited:
That might be the case.

Columbine releases occurred after FOIA requests from media. I'm not convinced that media will pursue on this case. It's may be socially off limits? Maybe they will....imho

I think MSM will make a FOIA request, and also Congress will get involved if the DOJ withholds the information. It may take awhile, but I think at some point we will know what was in the manifesto.

That might be the case.

Columbine releases occurred after FOIA requests from media. I'm not convinced that media will pursue on this case. It's may be socially off limits? Maybe they will....imho
If any media does, it will likely be independant, and not legacy/mainstream media. They dropped this like a hot potato.

I think MSM will make a FOIA request, and also Congress will get involved if the DOJ withholds the information. It may take awhile, but I think at some point we will know what was in the manifesto.
I hope you're right. I believe the public most certainly deserves to know what's in that journal.

I hope you're right. I believe the public most certainly deserves to know what's in that journal.
I'm curious why you think the public needs to know what is in the writings of a now deceased mentally ill person? What if it results in another mass shooting such as the one in Louisville? The Louisville shooter's brain is being tested for CTE, a mental illness.

I haven't seen any updates at all? Anyone? Imho
The most recent update that I've seen is in this link. It's interesting that the Sheriff--an elected position--wants writings released. The head of the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation--appointed by the Governor--is more worried about public safety and copycat shootings by other mentally ill people.

While “we’re starting to see a picture come together, I’ll tell you it’s not close to anything that people are subjugating out there and exposing their opinions on,” Rausch added. “Folks just need to be patient.”

He added that he has concerns about releasing the writings “out of fear that someone else with a mental illness picks it up and uses it as a plan. That concerns me more than anything.”

Rausch declined several interview requests from NBC News.

I'm curious why you think the public needs to know what is in the writings of a now deceased mentally ill person? What if it results in another mass shooting such as the one in Louisville? The Louisville shooter's brain is being tested for CTE, a mental illness.
I'm rather confused about this. Generally speaking, things like this are released. Generally speaking, the public wants transparency. We want to know "why".

We have seen video footage of the shooter pulling into the school parking lot, shooting through the doors and walking through the shattered glass Rambo style. We have had the opportunity to view the footage of the shooter comfortably holding weapons, in cammo looking like a sniper conducting a search, shoot and kill mission. We have had the opportunity to view the body cam footage of the police from the time they arrived until the time they neutralized the shooter. We had the opportunity to listen to some very harrowing 911 calls. I'd suggest all of these things could very well inspire those with bad intentions.

Why is a two to three page document written by the shooter which may give us some indication as to "why" off limits? What are we so afraid of? What could the shooter have possibly said that could be so shocking that it could be somehow more "inspiring" than what has already been released?

Finally...has it been confirmed that this shooter was mentally ill?

All IMHO.

I'm rather confused about this. Generally speaking, things like this are released. Generally speaking, the public wants transparency. We want to know "why".

We have seen video footage of the shooter pulling into the school parking lot, shooting through the doors and walking through the shattered glass Rambo style. We have had the opportunity to view the footage of the shooter comfortably holding weapons, in cammo looking like a sniper conducting a search, shoot and kill mission. We have had the opportunity to view the body cam footage of the police from the time they arrived until the time they neutralized the shooter. We had the opportunity to listen to some very harrowing 911 calls. I'd suggest all of these things could very well inspire those with bad intentions.

Why is a two to three page document written by the shooter which may give us some indication as to "why" off limits? What are we so afraid of? What could the shooter have possibly said that could be so shocking that it could be somehow more "inspiring" than what has already been released?

Finally...has it been confirmed that this shooter was mentally ill?

All IMHO.
The article I linked makes it clear the Nashville police still don't know the motive. And the head of the TBI has made it clear the shooter was mentally ill.

Nashville police wouldn’t confirm the contents of the journal writings, and a department spokeswoman said they remain “under review and the motive is yet to be determined.”

He added that he has concerns about releasing the writings “out of fear that someone else with a mental illness picks it up and uses it as a plan. That concerns me more than anything.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gtt