TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or her ramblngs serve no purpose if they are released. She's dead. She's incapable of more harm to the public.

I'm appalled at the politicians who still want it proclaimed as a "hate" crime. That designation serves no useful purpose. JMO
<modsnip>

If the evidence is sufficient to show that she actually did target a specific group (religious) then it absolutely should be labelled a hate crime according to the law. Just like anyone else that ever targets a group of religious folks to inflict violence or fear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Her writings are much too dangerous to be released.

From Link:

Metro Nashville Council Member Courtney Johnston confirmed to The Post the FBI has already ruled the manifesto would not be released in its entirety.

“What I was told is, her manifesto was a blueprint on total destruction, and it was so, so detailed at the level of what she had planned,” she said, when reached by phone.

“That document in the wrong person’s hands would be astronomically dangerous,” she added.

Johnston said “parts” of Hale’s writings would eventually come out, but added she feels “the vast, overwhelming majority of it,” presented too much of a danger to the public.

She added: “I personally don’t want to know the depths to which her psychosis reached … When I’m told by an MNPD high-ranking official that it keeps him up at night, I’m going to defer to that person in that agency that I don’t need to read that.”

End Quote

I agree.
I am personally against the notion of releasing what appears to be an instruction manual for the next killer.

Or, the next in line mass murderer-to-be will want to top this crime and get more victims than in this case.

IMO there is no value to the public In learning the specifics of Audrey’s mind and plot. Except for satiating our curiosity, which is unjustified, IMO.

To me, the cost/benefit analysis is on the side of the cost being far too perilous.

There is someone out there salivating, waiting for this “guidebook,” planning even now how to replicate or outdo this particular school shooting. Someone who will look to Audrey as others looked to Columbine for inspiration.

Thankfully in Columbine, Eric and Dylan’s bombs at least failed. Imagine someone before them had successfully set off bombs in a school to accelerate the death toll, and they were able to successfully set those bombs off due to manifesto/plans/thoughts of a killer who preceded them.

JMO but I can’t see what is gained and what will prevent more attacks by understanding this killer’s plans.

Being careful to stay within TOS and also address the facts of the case.

The facts are, this is a Christian (religious) school, staffed, administered and attended by Christian (religious) adults and children. Under the law, targetting a religious group of people for terror and/or violence is a hate crime.

We cannot possibly know for a fact, if this was actually a hate crime, or a crime of opportunity due to lack of armed security. If that "manifesto" that they keep telling us is too spooky to be released actually does say she hates Christians and wants them all dead or some obvious thing like that, well... we have our answer. If it says nothing like that at all, then there's no reason to classify it that way. But, without the right people having full access to the unredacted copy of the manifesto, we'll never know that one way or another.

It's impossible to form an informed opinion when you don't have all the info and in this case, we most certainly do not have all the info, and that's intentional. And also very annoying, but that's jmo.

Last edited:
We cannot possibly know for a fact, if this was actually a hate crime, or a crime of opportunity due to lack of armed security. If that "manifesto" that they keep telling us is too spooky to be released actually does say she hates Christians and wants them all dead or some obvious thing like that, well... we have our answer. If it says nothing like that at all, then there's no reason to classify it that way. But, without the right people having full access to the unredacted copy of the manifesto, we'll never know that one way or another.

It's impossible to form an informed opinion when you don't have all the info and in this case, we most certainly do not have all the info, and that's intentional. And also very annoying, but that's jmo.

Exactly. This isn''t about the beliefs of various religious individuals, it's about whether or not these religious individuals were targeted because of their religion. Whether Christians, Jews, or Muslims, targeting their houses of worship and religious schools because of their beliefs, whatever those beliefs may be, is a hate crime.

Last edited:
<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

From what I've read, the only people who are insisting the journals be released are politicians with an agenda that has nothing to do with this mass shooting.

If the shooter had an issue with this particular school such as being bullied while she attended the school, it would not be a hate crime. I think that is far more likely a motive than her being anti-religion. It is a fact that the shooter did not attend this school for more than a couple of years. Her parents have not said why they moved her to a different elementary school which was their parental right to make such a decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I've read, the only people who are insisting the journals be released are politicians with an agenda that has nothing to do with this mass shooting.

If the shooter had an issue with this particular school such as being bullied while she attended the school, it would not be a hate crime. I think that is far more likely a motive than her being anti-religion. It is a fact that the shooter did not attend this school for more than a couple of years. Her parents have not said why they moved her to a different elementary school which was their parental right to make such a decision.
I'm unclear on what that agenda might be.
Can you share an approved link source for this?
Also, which politicians you're referring to?
That would be very helpful.

Actually, the link I posted included a Rasmussen poll indicating that about 70 percent of people polled believe it should be released. I, myself, agree with that 70 percent. That said, I was one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who didn't believe the FBI and Congressional presentations on the Kennedy assassination. Some did. They smiled and trusted.

It's interesting. Here we are presented with what seems the most depraved and criminal mind of our times with writings so awful that they're a danger to the public. Interesting that Hale flew under the radar for so long.

We already have bits and pieces of the Kentucky's shooters writings and rants per recent reports. Buffalo manifesto. Etc. Yet, nobody can speak as to Hale's motive, let alone release any quotes or hard copies. Too dangerous.

I'm so very intrigued. Imho

Actually, the link I posted included a Rasmussen poll indicating that about 70 percent of people polled believe it should be released. I, myself, agree with that 70 percent. That said, I was one of those crazy conspiracy theorists who didn't believe the FBI and Congressional presentations on the Kennedy assassination. Some did. They smiled and trusted.

It's interesting. Here we are presented with what seems the most depraved and criminal mind of our times with writings so awful that they're a danger to the public. Interesting that Hale flew under the radar for so long.

We already have bits and pieces of the Kentucky's shooters writings and rants per recent reports. Buffalo manifesto. Etc. Yet, nobody can speak as to Hale's motive, let alone release any quotes or hard copies. Too dangerous.

I'm so very intrigued. Imho
I'll defer to law enforcement deciding what is in the best interest of public safety. iirc, the Kentucky shooter's agenda included proving how easy it was to obtain a gun. He was suicidal and so was Hale.

I'll defer to law enforcement deciding what is in the best interest of public safety. iirc, the Kentucky shooter's agenda included proving how easy it was to obtain a gun. He was suicidal and so was Hale.

Bbm. Yes. I read that. We already have quotes from his manifesto. Strange. Bless his heart...in order to prove gun laws were lax, he massacred his coworkers and traumatized everyone in the building. Point taken. I now have "anti gun activists" on my list of possible mass murderers.

As for Hale, I guess we all have a theory. The motive will forever be one of those life mysteries, I suppose....

IMHO

Bbm. Yes. I read that. We already have quotes from his manifesto. Strange. Bless his heart...in order to prove gun laws were lax, he massacred his coworkers and traumatized everyone in the building. Point taken. I now have "anti gun activists" on my list of possible mass murderers.

As for Hale, I guess we all have a theory. The motive will forever be one of those life mysteries, I suppose....

IMHO
I think he massacred his bosses because he had been fired. The term "going postal" has been around for decades.

I think he massacred his bosses because he had been fired. The term "going postal" has been around for decades.

He had not been fired, that was an early rumor.

He had not been fired, that was an early rumor.

Officers identified the gunman as 25-year-old Connor Sturgeon, who was an employee at Old National Bank on Main Street in Louisville and had recently received notice he was going to be fired,

The facts are, this is a Christian (religious) school, staffed, administered and attended by Christian (religious) adults and children. Under the law, targetting a religious group of people for terror and/or violence is a hate crime.

Maybe the next best thing would be to have the DoJ review the file on this killer and determine whether it was a hate crime. IIRC, so-called hate crimes are a federal offense, so it will be up to a federal grand jury and/or prosecutor to pursue charges.

Just curious, has anyone involved in the investigation made an official statement about whether the mass shooting was a hate crime? TIA

I haven't seen anyone ask for the journals. I've seen requests for the "manifesto", which according to early reporting is about 2 to 3 pages. That said...I understand your viewpoint, respect it, but disagree with it.

Let's go further. There is a theory out there that national reporting on school shootings can cause copycats or contagion. I believe this is very possible:

If there's a chance that reporting does do that, is it best that it's not reported at all? If our goal is to stop any chance of causing social contagion or inspiring others, then it's probably best that nobody reports on these situations when the occur.

I'd suggest that surveillance footage, body cam footage and 911 calls should not be released either, if the concern is the inspiration of others with ill intent. These videos are graphic, raw and would be extremely inspiring for anyone dabbling with the thoughts of a mass shooting, IMHO. Frankly, there is zero reason to release any of this in any future cases except to satiate our curiosity or provide transparency.

If the shooter is dead and there will be no public trial, it's likely best that it is ignored and we move on if our concerns are actually about contagion and inspiration.

I'd also suggest that we need to censor those who wrote books or who have detailed videos and information on the internet regarding previous mass shootings. In almost every case I can think of, this type of information is a library card or a click away. IMHO

Ps. I don't think any of the above is how we should address this, but for those who indicate that the release of the 2 to 3 page writing of this shooter will be too negatively inspiring and dangerous..then I assume they would also agree with zero reporting, zero release of information and censorship of information of mass killings for all cases previous, current and in the future to prevent negative impact. If we really want to do "something" to prevent this phenomenon...we should not make it about one very small thing, but cover all bases for safety. Imho
Honestly, I would be for that. Let's honor the victims and not mention, show or validate the perpetrators.

BBM
Who are the right people? LE has access now, right?

Honestly, I would be for that. Let's honor the victims and not mention, show or validate the perpetrators.
Unfortunately, it's too late. We already have pretty specific reporting on the Kentucky shooter's manifesto...and that happened a few weeks after this one.

I don't anticipate that zero reporting will ever happen. One would have to change the stripes of the media....and places like this would virtually shut down. If violent crimes like mass murder and serial killings aren't getting coverage for reasons of public safety, I'd think that Court TV, message boards and websites dedicated to true crime and sensationalized violent crimes would also be censored.

Imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member