TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he massacred his bosses because he had been fired. The term "going postal" has been around for decades.

From link:

Mitchell said she was shocked that her co-worker, who at one point she mentored, could carry out such a horrific attack.

"I knew Connor very well," she said. "I was his mentor his first year at the bank. He never made me feel like he would have done this. Not in a million years. He was very kind and soft-spoken. You would never had thought this would have happened."

Mitchell said reports that Sturgeon had been fired from the bank were not true.

"He was not terminated, he was still an employee," she said. "I don't know where the rumor came from."

End Quote

Unfortunately, it's too late. We already have pretty specific reporting on the Kentucky shooter's manifesto...and that happened a few weeks after this one.

I don't anticipate that zero reporting will ever happen. One would have to change the stripes of the media....and places like this would virtually shut down. If violent crimes like mass murder and serial killings aren't getting coverage for reasons of public safety, I'd think that Court TV, message boards and websites dedicated to true crime and sensationalized violent crimes would also be censored.

Imho
I agree with this too. I believe in a free press. However, I think that our love of guns AND our sensationalism over crime and killers seems to feed these people. MOO

I agree with this too. I believe in a free press. However, I think that our love of guns AND our sensationalism over crime and killers seems to feed these people. MOO
Honestly....i don't love guns, but I love true crime, particularly the psychology of it all. I feed that beast, moose. I'm the demand for their supply.

Yikes.

Maybe the next best thing would be to have the DoJ review the file on this killer and determine whether it was a hate crime.
<snipped for focus>

That could work, IMO, as long as the DOJ was accountable and shared that information with Congresss, particularly the House committee that has oversight responsibility.

BBM
Who are the right people? LE has access now, right?
Sorry, I suppose I should have worded that better. I was referring to the general public being able to read it for themselves, and coming to their own conclusions and understanding of what was going on in her thoughts. I have no idea where "right people" came from, so I do apologize for that.

And no, as to my other comment, no inside scoop at all, just my opinion that some media seem to be downplaying it big time, along the same lines they tend to call buildings on fire, cars being toppled and looting during protests, as "mostly peaceful". Just my opinion there, no scoop.

BBM
Who are the right people? LE has access now, right?
I think the local, state LE and also the FBI BAU has had access for over 3 weeks now. The news media has moved on to cover the horrific mass shootings and gun violence since then.

JMO

From the article

Former police officer-turned author and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice Joseph Giacalone said the public “has a right to know” what’s in the manifesto “even if it’s heavily redacted,” but believes authorities are worried about the effect releasing it could have.

“I think what the FBI is really concerned here with, and I think law enforcement, is that if there is something in there that is truly damaging for the transgender community, I think they are hesitant to do it because they are afraid of a violent backlash against that protected class of people.”

However, Giacalone also warned if authorities did release a heavily redacted version of the manifesto, “you run the risk of letting speculation run the day.”

From the article

Former police officer-turned author and adjunct professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice Joseph Giacalone said the public “has a right to know” what’s in the manifesto “even if it’s heavily redacted,” but believes authorities are worried about the effect releasing it could have.

“I think what the FBI is really concerned here with, and I think law enforcement, is that if there is something in there that is truly damaging for the transgender community, I think they are hesitant to do it because they are afraid of a violent backlash against that protected class of people.”

However, Giacalone also warned if authorities did release a heavily redacted version of the manifesto, “you run the risk of letting speculation run the day.”

What are we going to do though, when a member of a protected class of people slaughters children of another protected class? It gets a bit confusing. JMO

From the article

I'm sure we all know, this is exactly what many people are already thinking.
From journalists to politicians to random folks on social media, this is exactly what folks are saying because of the way it's being handled.

What are we going to do though, when a member of a protected class of people slaughters children of another protected class? It gets a bit confusing. JMO
It's not confusing to me. Either no one is above the law, or that's just some nice little thing we say to make ourselves feel better. Of course in this case the guilty party is already dead so justice has already been dispatched.

Although to better understand what drove her to do what she did, the public should have full access to her own words.
Maybe, just maybe, there's some hope that understanding her motives, will help prevent another one, or at least address what caused this?

From the article

I'm not sure what would be damaging for the whole trans community, since this one individual does not represent them. People who are willing to assume that this one person's acts speak for a whole group are no better than racists and other hate-filled folks.

MOO.

Hale was a demented individual. Could have been anything. Happened to be transgender. I don't see Hale as a representative of the transgender community.
Agree! The unknown is whether or not AH’s motive (if it’s in the ‘manifesto’) was related to retribution for a perceived injustice towards the transgender community.

I haven’t been a fan of releasing the manifesto, but I understand why others want to see it. I would like to believe folks want to see it to learn how to help prevent future attacks. But simple curiosity could be driving the wish to see it. I really don’t know.

jmo

Unfortunately, it's too late. We already have pretty specific reporting on the Kentucky shooter's manifesto...and that happened a few weeks after this one.

I don't anticipate that zero reporting will ever happen. One would have to change the stripes of the media....and places like this would virtually shut down. If violent crimes like mass murder and serial killings aren't getting coverage for reasons of public safety, I'd think that Court TV, message boards and websites dedicated to true crime and sensationalized violent crimes would also be censored.

Imho

"Sturgeon’s manifesto is reportedly in the hands of the Louisville Police Department. The agency would not confirm or deny any details of the alleged missive."
Curious, has the actual manifesto actually been released, or is the public just being told what it said? I tried to find the actual confirmation link and can't. So, if anyone has a link, please share.

I think the local, state LE and also the FBI BAU has had access for over 3 weeks now. The news media has moved on to cover the horrific mass shootings and gun violence since then.

JMO
I see news media covering this case almost every night, or at least every other night. They haven't moved on. They are still wondering why the manifesto is being hidden.

It's not confusing to me. Either no one is above the law, or that's just some nice little thing we say to make ourselves feel better. Of course in this case the guilty party is already dead so justice has already been dispatched.

Although to better understand what drove her to do what she did, the public should have full access to her own words.
Maybe, just maybe, there's some hope that understanding her motives, will help prevent another one, or at least address what caused this?
I agree with most of your post, except that I don't believe that justice has already been dispatched. The victims and their families deserve justice. To know why their lives were taken, why they were hunted down and slaughtered as they studied in their church school.

I forgot who asked this question here, but I had posted this news link in the KY Old Bank shooting thread:

“Sturgeon made three key points in the manifesto, which is in the hands of the police: he wanted to kill himself, he wanted to prove how easy it was to buy a gun in Kentucky, and he wanted to highlight a mental health crisis in America.”
“…there are no Kentucky laws prohibiting residents buying a gun if they have mental health disorders, violent misdemeanor convictions, domestic abuse-related restraining orders or anyone with substance abuse disorders.”

Eesh

Since then, the article has been updated with this quote:

"Under another Kentucky law, the firearm will now be auctioned off to the public by state police, effectively putting it back in circulation (emphasis mine).
"The family responded to the policy in a statement shared with DailyMail.com on Thursday: 'The Sturgeon family was aghast to learn Kentucky law mandated the assault rifle used in the horrific event last week be sold to the highest bidder at public auction."

Also:
There have been 23 more mass shootings since April 10, with 21 more people dead
Mass Shootings in 2023 | Gun Violence Archive

I forgot who asked this question here, but I had posted this news link in the KY Old Bank shooting thread:

“Sturgeon made three key points in the manifesto, which is in the hands of the police: he wanted to kill himself, he wanted to prove how easy it was to buy a gun in Kentucky, and he wanted to highlight a mental health crisis in America.”
“…there are no Kentucky laws prohibiting residents buying a gun if they have mental health disorders, violent misdemeanor convictions, domestic abuse-related restraining orders or anyone with substance abuse disorders.”

Eesh

Since then, the article has been updated with this quote:

"Under another Kentucky law, the firearm will now be auctioned off to the public by state police, effectively putting it back in circulation (emphasis mine).
"The family responded to the policy in a statement shared with DailyMail.com on Thursday: 'The Sturgeon family was aghast to learn Kentucky law mandated the assault rifle used in the horrific event last week be sold to the highest bidder at public auction."

Also:
There have been 23 more mass shootings since April 10, with 21 more people dead
Mass Shootings in 2023 | Gun Violence Archive

The firearm should be destroyed, plain and simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper