TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the connection to the mall was. That was the next intended stop if I remember correctly. Wonder why the mall wasn't chosen first? So many questions.
From all I've read, she chose the school because she knew there wasn't security there.
So she picked the place where it would be even easier for her to murder innocent people, and specifically, children.
Which makes her even more evil, if at all possible.

I wonder what the connection to the mall was. That was the next intended stop if I remember correctly. Wonder why the mall wasn't chosen first? So many questions.
Or why she didn't start with the family members as often is the case. Perhaps that was an earlier plan that she rejected for whatever reasons.

The manifesto, in my opinion, is irrelevant. How many have been released so far? Did they teach us how to prevent and stop the next school shooting? No. Improve security yes, but it's expensive and determined individuals can overcome it and find ways. You don't know from a pool of millions who's going to flip and where and when. So it will keep happening. There is a direct cause and effect. Remove the means and you stand chance.

just a thought maybe they were placing targets in a timeline , like where they felt slighted first.... as a child, mall as a teen , family as an adult?
Very well could be. There's a name for that type of killer. One who remembers slights and acts on them. The name escapes me.

Math tells me that the perp attended the school approximately 18 to 20 years ago. According to links posted here, Hale attended the school for two years up to 4th grade. From 8 to 10 years old...give or take. Imho

I just don't understand this. It's a school she went to over 14 + years ago. She went to an Art Academy for high school. Those schools usually allow kids to be themselves. I don't get targeting that school a decade and a half later.

REVEALED: Hero Nashville cop who took down transgender school shooter is Marine Corps vet who responded to Christmas 2020 bombing - while work partner was awarded for his sterling policing just last week

• Michael Collazo, 31, and Rex Engelbert, 27, of the Nashville Metro Police, have been hailed heroes after taking down Audrey Hale, 28, on Monday
  • Collazo is a Marine Corps veteran who responded to the Christmas 2020 bombing, and has also worked as a firefighter and SWAT team paramedic
  • Engelbert received an award last week for 'precision policing' for his work recovering more than 20 stolen credit cards, a handgun, and fentanyl
I am so proud of all the officers. I pray for the burden they will carry throughout life for this needless act of self righteous selfishness.

I cried as I watched the video the first time. My heart broke for the officers. They encouraged each other, skillfully and forcefully gave commands. Its very clear, they were a team, knowing each step in unionism. They knew the job, and they carried out the mission.

Its never an easy task to take another life.
Moo

Very well could be. There's a name for that type of killer. One who remembers slights and acts on them. The name escapes me.

Math tells me that the perp attended the school approximately 18 to 20 years ago. According to links posted here, Hale attended the school for two years up to 4th grade. From 8 to 10 years old...give or take. Imho
Injustice collector

Not that it justifies anything but from what her friend said the transitioning and identifying as Aiden seems it may have been relatively recent. I would imagine it could be expected for even the most accepting parents to have difficulty in the beginning. JMO

I don't think that her parents' behaviors and/or attitudes or belief systems are relevant to this case, they are victims of their daughter's crime and according to WS rules they should be acknowledged as such. Not vice-versa, the other way around.

Last edited:
I am not 100% convinced that shooter was getting any medical / mental health treatment, each article is saying Police were told by the parents....
Shooter could have convinced parents they were getting help and they were not. More info will be coming, this is just my thought.
A also convinced parents gun was gone, supposedly.

“One who remembers slights etc “
I think the phrase you are looking for is “ grievance collector” ? Imo

I don't think that how her parents behaviors and/or attitudes or belief systems are relevant to this case, they are victims of their daughter's crime and according to WS rules they should be acknowledged as such. Not vice-versa, the other way around.
Not blaming the parents, I feel for them I am just thinking of reasons shooter could feel so much rage and anger. JMO

Early Description of Suspect.
You hit the nail on the head for me with juvenile, I thought shooter was trying to appear younger, a younger male.
@formerlyme

Early Mon. a.m. reports said suspect was white, male, wearing camo.
(Not sure whether those descriptors originated w school staff calling 911, or LE seeing on sec-cam's or in person during or after entry. Or others.)
Turned out --- perp was white, identified as male, and wore camo pants.

@formerlyme Yes, in vid clips, Hale appeared younger than actual, chrono 28 y/o. Maybe that misimpression can be partly attributed to vid context. Knowing it was a "school shooting" we/gen. public auto-thought, oh, a teen shooter, and on vid release, we saw actions of someone who could have been a veteran teenager e-gamer or in LARP.

So, yep, many thought Hale was waaay younger. And male.

Last edited:
The manifesto, in my opinion, is irrelevant. How many have been released so far? Did they teach us how to prevent and stop the next school shooting? No. Improve security yes, but it's expensive and determined individuals can overcome it and find ways. You don't know from a pool of millions who's going to flip and where and when. So it will keep happening. There is a direct cause and effect. Remove the means and you stand chance.
I think we probably all wish it were that easy.

Rage filled people will find a way to cause the kind of damage they want to cause, using whatever means they can get ahold of. It's not a "means" issue it's a people issue.

Figuring out what causes the rage, I think is where the focus should be.

jmo

I've found the knowledge gained from various "manifestos" and other writings of criminals to be immensely helpful in my own work in comparative criminology - but more than that, in understanding how to approach people who have similar ideas and writings (as a teacher for more than 40 years, I've run into quite a few disturbed persons who are clearly writing along the same lines and I think I can actually make some positive inroads and interventions).

I know lots of psychiatrists and psychologies who feel the same. I've also posted in a vague manner about what I believe are cases of we teachers, counselors, etc., actually successfully keeping worse things from happening. You don't have to believe that some of us are actively involved in this field, but psychiatric nurses, all by themselves, are amazing in the types of intervention and care they can provide through various means. There aren't enough psychiatrists to answer phones/provide support all day long, but mental health workers do study and talk about the writings, youtubes and utterances of their clients as a way of understanding what to do about these disturbed people.

It's going to keep happening, but in my view you can't convince me that it wouldn't happen more if those of us who work in these fields are kept in the dark. My own mentors were people like Donald Lunde (interviewer of Kemper and others), Peter Rosenbaum (psychiatrist working with criminal clients), and Irving Yalom (focused on personal narratives as a way of aiding psychiatric patients, among his other many, many contributions). They've all used these materials to write books that are required reading in psych programs around the nation (and the world).

In my view, all of this has helped. Indeed, Lunde's early work on serial killers is often overlooked but in fact, resulting in major re-ordering of how LE viewed investigations into serial killing. The writings of the crazy serial killers helped Lunde construct an incredibly detailed timeline of the planning of the crimes of a serial killer in Santa Cruz - which actually led to helping convict him.

========
IME, IMO.

I think we probably all wish it were that easy.

Rage filled people will find a way to cause the kind of damage they want to cause, using whatever means they can get ahold of. It's not a "means" issue it's a people issue.

Figuring out what causes the rage, I think is where the focus should be.

jmo
I agree it's not that easy.

Which is why I'd like to read the manifesto.

The horse's mouth, so to speak. Imho
IMO, I'm not interested in reading the manifesto with all the perceived slights he may have encountered or imagined. I imagine that it isn't going to teach us anything new about why the school was chosen or why he decided to kill innocent children but will be full of whining and perceived injuries they endured. MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed for no link/social media rumor>

Also, I can't find the post but the backwards cap thing I don't think could or should be attributed to Dylan Klebold. I know lots of people who wear their hats backwards and I don't automatically assume or think it's because of idolizing Klebold, jmo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not 100% convinced that shooter was getting any medical / mental health treatment, each article is saying Police were told by the parents....
Shooter could have convinced parents they were getting help and they were not. More info will be coming, this is just my thought.
LE will have access to her health record, now she is deceased.

Why would LE and the parents lie? She was 28 working a shopping/delivery job, living off her parents, college educated, something not quite right here. Why would LE or the parent lie? They have nothing to loose at this point, she destroyed there lives.

Why would she not get a full time job, move into her own place and live the life she desired.
Moo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member