TN - Shooting at private Christian Covenant School, Nashville, suspect dead, multiple victims, 27 Mar 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO-the 28-year-old shooter may have just looked very young or had her face covered somehow to avoid identification. However, I do have to say that alot of people have mistaken me for being 10-15 years younger than what I am, so it can happen.
yes once I saw a 30 + year old woman forbidden from entering somewhere not allowed for minors..

There's an anger and a rage spilling out into so many different areas. We all see it with the violent videos being posted all over social media. Beatings, muggings, shootings, stabbings, folks being shoved into oncoming trains, trashing and looting in retail stores, and the list goes on and on. I'm no statistics expert but WE ALL KNOW this crap didn't go on as often as it does now, even 5 years ago. Something in our culture is broken.
It's not just in the USA either as the post you're responding to might make one think. Something in humanity is broken atm?

MOO I think there has been one shooting in a religious school before in the US but I'm too lazy to research that so just MOO IMO. However, I think the general point is that people don't want to believe that everywhere can potentially be unsafe. I think back to the Dunblane Massacre in 1996 where (almost) nobody in the UK would have believed that an armed gunman with a number of grudges would enter a primary school and shoot a whole class of 5-6 year olds and their teacher. Yet he did. Back then, that was the sort of thing that we imagined happening in the US or at most a big city in the UK. It's terrible when a school shooting happens, but I'm no longer surprised at whereever it happens.

RIP to those in Nashville.

I would be really shocked to hear of it happening again anywhere in the UK, and steps were taken to try and ensure it doesn't, although I appreciate nothing is 100% effective.
When I hear about another one in The USA, I'm not shocked at all, just sad and disappointed that nothing changes. People are sad, they are outraged and devastated and many other platitudes <modsnip>JMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Female shooter, 28, armed with two assault rifles and pistol kills at least six in Nashville school massacre: Three children and three adults are gunned down at private Christian elementary before police took out shooter​

• The shooting took place on Monday at The Covenant School in Nashville
  • Nashville Metropolitan Police officers shot the assailant dead at the scene
The incident took place at the Covenant School, an elementary school on the outskirts of the city.

Police say the shooter - who has not yet been named - killed three kids and three adults before being shot dead by police. Her identity has not yet been confirmed, but police said initially they believed she was a teenager.

Later, they confirmed she was a local 28-year-old.

The small school is run by a church and does not employ a school resource officer.

Fewer shootings at private schools
Today's shooting in Nashville proved unusual as it took place at a private school.
Such incidents in the US have historically been more likely to occur at public institutions.
From 2000 to 2018, around 94% of school shootings took place at public schools, compared with 6% at private schools, according to an analysis from the Cato Institute think-tank.
A Washington Post analysis also found that about 6% of school shootings take place at private institutions, while more than 20% of all schools in the US are private.

So she waits 15 years to shoot up her former middle school? Doesn't make sense.

I was thinking a workplace dispute or a parent of a current student.

ETA: I'm going to take anything said off-the-cuff at a PC in this case with a grain of salt since they did say very confidently at first that the shooter was a teenager. I think it's too fast-moving to trust any early reports - even from LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95