GUILTY TN - SLP, 14, found alive, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #6 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe there's any way she's getting SLP back. And unlikely to get the other kids back either if it's shown she knew.

I hope you are right. SP has a good chance I would hope because as time goes on in the sometimes slow world of court, she will be close to an emancipated age.

Regarding your other post, I agree that they may try to use her as a witness against her husband and make a deal and yet this woman tried to cover for him, or so it appears, for many years, likely recently and possibly since they were young and still in a cradle/crib at the expense of her children.

I also wonder if this is the first of charges against her and whether there may be more. Of course proving it after the fact is not always easy...

jmo.

Quotes from the above article:

MADISONVILLE — Another arrest has been made in a sexual abuse case that has riveted East Tennessee since January.

Christina Leigh Pruitt, 39, Manis Road, Madisonville, has been indicted in a case that claims a Madisonville teenager suffered years of sexual abuse at the hands of her adoptive father before she finally found a man online who promised to help her and took her to Wisconsin, where he also allegedly sexually abused her.

Now Pruitt, the mother of the teenager, has been charged with tampering with evidence in the case. The indictment papers do not go into details about what the evidence was or how Pruitt allegedly tampered with it, but stated she and Randall Pruitt, the adoptive father, “did unlawfully and knowing that an investigation or official proceeding was pending or in progress, alter, destroy or conceal any record, document or thing with intent to impair its verity, legibility or availability as evidence in the investigation.”

Randall Pruitt, 42, also was charged in the latest indictment on a charge of tampering with evidence. That is added to his three charges of rape of a child.

Three charges? So at least it is more than one! I had to take a break from this horror - am glad CP is now a suspect and we can sleuth her, correct?

Certainly the mother was aware what was happening, over the years.
Probably allowed this, to 'keep her man'.:eek:
YUK.
Hope this couple, have maximum time in prison, for their evil deeds.
SLP, time and time again from a young age, would have been distressed, talking to the mother.
MOO.
Reportedly, SLP told her mother that her step dad was abusing her, and she didn't believe her. She should be sentenced to the maximum time.

What is the May 10 court appearance?

WI man faces new charges in case of missing Monroe Co. girl
Rogers will next appear in court May 10.
According to the docket - pretrial motions are due by noon May 10, 2019. Pretrial hearing follows on May 17.

02/21/2019 #15
Minute Entry for proceedings held before Magistrate Judge Stephen L. Crocker: Arraignment held on 2/21/2019: Not Guilty plea entered re: Bryan Rogers (1) Count 1,2. [:12] Pretrial motions due 5/10/2019 by noon. Pretrial Motion Hearing set for 5/17/2019 at 09:00 AM. Final Pretrial Submissions due 6/25/2019. Final Pretrial Conference set for 6/27/2019 at 09:00 AM. Final Hearing set for 7/9/2019 at 03:00 PM. Jury Selection and Trial set for 7/15/2019 at 09:00 AM. (Court Reporter FTR.) (jat) (Entered: 02/21/2019)

I cannot imagine how that morning went for RP and CP - they find her missing in bed - he must take her aside and confess? if she did not know? or what reason could they have to hide the sheets if that is the evidence in the warrant? What story could he have told her that wasn't what he was arrested for? I just cannot come up with anything other than 1. She knew it was happening or 2. He confessed that morning and she stood by him rather than her child? I believe it is 1 - she knew and turned a blind eye. I can't imagine what her cooperation could yield - they have a tape. They have a letter. They have a victim who can testify. Why would they need her help? I'm just not understanding this.

I cannot imagine how that morning went for RP and CP - they find her missing in bed - he must take her aside and confess? if she did not know? or what reason could they have to hide the sheets if that is the evidence in the warrant? What story could he have told her that wasn't what he was arrested for? I just cannot come up with anything other than 1. She knew it was happening or 2. He confessed that morning and she stood by him rather than her child? I believe it is 1 - she knew and turned a blind eye. I can't imagine what her cooperation could yield - they have a tape. They have a letter. They have a victim who can testify. Why would they need her help? I'm just not understanding this.
I've always assumed that the sheets were taken when she left so that DNA evidence could be given over to LE along with the video. Now, looking at things as they are now it makes total sense that the mom helped her husband cover up his crime prior to calling LE.

I've always assumed that the sheets were taken when she left so that DNA evidence could be given over to LE along with the video. Now, looking at things as they are now it makes total sense that the mom helped her husband cover up his crime prior to calling LE.
When the missing sheets were mentioned, I immediately suspected sexual assault. I assumed SLP took them for evidence since at the time, we weren’t aware of the video. I wonder if the charge of “attempting to conceal or destroy evidence” means they found the sheets partially destroyed. (Forgive me for not using the correct wording on the actual charge. I’m not a pro with the terminology.)

When the missing sheets were mentioned, I immediately suspected sexual assault. I assumed SLP took them for evidence since at the time, we weren’t aware of the video. I wonder if the charge of “attempting to conceal or destroy evidence” means they found the sheets partially destroyed. (Forgive me for not using the correct wording on the actual charge. I’m not a pro with the terminology.)
I'm very curious about what evidence they were tampering with.

And one by one these abusers will all be held accountable to some degree. I hope they all get the maximum possible punishment allowed.

I always had a hard time believing a loving mother would not notice or pick up on any signs after all the years this abuse went on at adopted 'dad's' hands. Lock her up and throw away the key.

Hoping SLP and all the P children are in a healthy, loving environment and can have a shot at as normal a life as possible.
This all disgusts me as much as a person can be disgusted, as I am sure it does all of you! This 'mother' should be put away for the rest of her life along with the monster of a perpetrator, so no more harm can be done to those poor innocent children!!!!

It could also be their computer, their phones, pictures on them, etc. I wonder if "daddy" kept his liking for juveniles just to family? Or is it clear it relates to the sheets and to a particular time/incident? Either way, they are both charged with tampering with evidence is that correct?

I still suspect she tried to get help prior to running, maybe back at her old home and evidence was destroyed or she was not believed, etc.

Glad to hear there is more than one charge on him. I hope the same results with "mom".

jmo.

I can't find any current information but thought Randall Pruitt's Arraignment was today?

If my memory serves there was some type of gag order, not sure how they work and what all the apply to, could that be the reason? I would welcome knowing why it was not covered nor any news on it also.

If my memory serves there was some type of gag order, not sure how they work and what all the apply to, could that be the reason? I would welcome knowing why it was not covered nor any news on it also.

IIRC that was true. The GAG order. Not sure if that would apply to court dates.
Where's the transparency in our Justice System?
I can't find any current information but thought Randall Pruitt's Arraignment was today?
RP arraignment is May 13. BR trial is July 15. (This Thread Page 18, Post 343) I'm still looking for anything covered...anywhere...

IIRC that was true. The GAG order. Not sure if that would apply to court dates.
Where's the transparency in our Justice System?

RP arraignment is May 13. BR trial is July 15. (This Thread Page 18, Post 343) I'm still looking for anything covered...anywhere...

Both CP and RP were on the docket 5/13 with Judge Sandra Donaghy for arraignments.

CP has a private attorney named on docket but RP doesn't even have notation for public defender.

What? Does he really think he can represent himself?!! o_O

Attachments

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June