Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anything supporting that RP actually legally and officially adopted her? Because I’m really suspecting not.
Since adoption records are sealed in Tennessee, Georgia and no doubt everywhere we cannot independently verify it and are simply left with law enforcement's word and that is what they have said.

Since adoption records are sealed in Tennessee, Georgia and no doubt everywhere we cannot independently verify it and are simply left with law enforcement's word and that is what they have said.
And law enforcement is going on someone else’s word. I have seen nothing to indicate they verified this, nor would they verify it unless it was somehow contested.

JC had her parents murdered. If nothing was said about SLP, people would assume she ran away.

Should LE simply have said she is located and the “father” has been arrested? Perhaps

Exactly! Why in the world they announced the rape arrest, and then specified the details in that affidavit, just blows my mind. IMO that entire 'expose' really should have been handled with utmost care. Not like this.

Note: JC losing her parents, in the manner JP detailed, was heart stopping in its violence. Those details were horrible to read. JC lived them, and survived. I'm confident SLP will be able to reclaim her life as well. At least I really do hope so!

And law enforcement is going on someone else’s word. I have seen nothing to indicate they verified this, nor would they verify it unless it was somehow contested.

Would the developments in this case prompt LE to determine the truth/validity of the adoption claims? Could they get the documentation unsealed?

Wouldn't there be paperwork in the 'parents' possession? I'm not sure where to even go with this. Ugh!

Jmo but parents who knowingly allow a partner with sex crimes in their past into their home should be liable if their child is assaulted. This seems to happen too often in my state, jmo.

People can change. Let them change far away from you if you have children. They can live their changed life without needing anyone’s family

She is not a victim. In no court of law would she have nay victim's rights of any kind. If her daughter had been murdered, that would be different.

I can't blame her at this point. Indeed she could've been totally oblivious. But I'm skeptical about her, sick of parents allowing monsters to have access to their kids and I'm hoping the child is kept out of her custody until everything about her and what was happening in that house is known.

I recall the case of the singing Christian mega-family whose dad was arrested for rape after one of the older daughters talked to police. The Willis Clan. Well, mom came out and denounced him and said she was all about protecting her kids and supporting them.

Turns out they had made allegations against him, directly to her, for YEARS. He had been raping all his daughters. She knew or should have known and I think she deserves jail time for not protecting her kids.

Please don't misunderstand me. If, as in the example you reference, this mother was told at any time, she does deserve jail time, significant jail time. But if she didn't, I do see her as a victim who was manipulated and betrayed in the worst way a mother can be.

It is possible. But how long could she hide while having to go to the bathroom?

If he stopped, how could she get out and in again?

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/xd77gq/photos-from-inside-the-cabs-of-long-distance-truckers-001

SLP might not have needed to 'hold it in' for long if her escape went one of two ways.

Scenario One would be someone came to the farm. SLP sneaks out, and this individual drove her to that rest area in KY (where her phone pinged at 5:15 - 5:30am).

Scenario Two, and IMO very possibly how she escaped, SLP hid away in RP's truck. He traveled to that rest area, she jumped out, and met up with whoever took her to WI.

Feasible? Or too many CSI type shows being consumed?

SLP might not have needed to 'hold it in' for long if her escape went one of two ways.

Scenario One would be someone came to the farm. SLP sneaks out, and this individual drove her to that rest area in KY (where her phone pinged at 5:15 - 5:30am).

Scenario Two, and IMO very possibly how she escaped, SLP hid away in RP's truck. He traveled to that rest area, she jumped out, and met up with whoever took her to WI.

Feasible? Or too many CSI type shows being consumed?

In scene two, how many hours would she be in the truck until the rest area?

Yes. Here it is:

Here is the full TN code on sex crimes. 2014 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: Part 5 - Sexual Offenses

The only possible rape charges that would apply (unless he raped her when she was under 13) are as follows:

1. 39-13-502 Aggravated rape

(a) Aggravated rape is unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or the defendant by a victim accompanied by any of the following circumstances:

(1) Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act and the defendant is armed with a weapon or any article used or fashioned in a manner to lead the victim reasonably to believe it to be a weapon;

(2) The defendant causes bodily injury to the victim;

(3) The defendant is aided or abetted by one (1) or more other persons; and

(A) Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act; or

(B) The defendant knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless.

(b) Aggravated rape is a Class A felony.
2014 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: Part 5 - Sexual Offenses :: § 39-13-502 - Aggravated rape.

Class A felony = 15-60 years

2. 39-13-503 Rape

(a) Rape is unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or of the defendant by a victim accompanied by any of the following circumstances:

(1) Force or coercion is used to accomplish the act;

(2) The sexual penetration is accomplished without the consent of the victim and the defendant knows or has reason to know at the time of the penetration that the victim did not consent;

(3) The defendant knows or has reason to know that the victim is mentally defective, mentally incapacitated or physically helpless; or

(4) The sexual penetration is accomplished by fraud.

(b) Rape is a Class B felony.
2014 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: Part 5 - Sexual Offenses :: § 39-13-503 - Rape.

Class B felony = 8-30 years

3. 39-13-506 (c) - Aggravated statutory rape (three kinds under the code section but here the only one that would apply would be aggravated statutory rape)

(c) Aggravated statutory rape is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant, or of the defendant by the victim when the victim is at least thirteen (13) but less than eighteen (18) years of age and the defendant is at least ten (10) years older than the victim.
(d) (3) Aggravated statutory rape is a Class D felony.
2014 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: Part 5 - Sexual Offenses :: § 39-13-506 - Mitigated statutory rape -- Statutory rape -- Aggravated statutory rape.

Class D felony = 2-12 years.

4. 39-13-532 - Aggravated statutory rape by an authority figure
(a) Statutory rape by an authority figure is the unlawful sexual penetration of a victim by the defendant or of the defendant by the victim when:

(1) The victim is at least thirteen (13) but less than eighteen (18) years of age;

(2) The defendant is at least four (4) years older than the victim; and

(3) The defendant was, at the time of the offense, in a position of trust, or had supervisory or disciplinary power over the victim by virtue of the defendant's legal, professional, or occupational status and used the position of trust or power to accomplish the sexual penetration; or

(4) The defendant had, at the time of the offense, parental or custodial authority over the victim and used the authority to accomplish the sexual penetration.

(b) Statutory rape by an authority figure is a Class C felony and no person who is found guilty of or pleads guilty to the offense shall be eligible for probation pursuant to § 40-35-303 or judicial diversion pursuant to § 40-35-313.
2014 Tennessee Code :: Title 39 - Criminal Offenses :: Chapter 13 - Offenses Against Person :: Part 5 - Sexual Offenses :: § 39-13-532 - Statutory rape by an authority figure.

Class C felony = 3-15 years.

Link to sentences per class of felony:
Tennessee Felony Crimes by Class and Sentences

Thank you.

Did mom know about his previous activities?
She is quoted as saying she had no idea of what what going on with SP. Not sure if previous activities.

Adoptive father of missing teen arrested, charged with rape

“WATE 6 On Your Side spoke with the mother of the 14-year-old girl, who says she had no idea about any of it and is focusing on coping, her three other children, and getting to see her 14-year-old daughter again after learning everything from authorities. ”

Edited to clarify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members