Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #3 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am appalled -she had no one in her family, friend circle, etc to confide in? some online gaming person took advantage of her too?? I am just sick but so many sleuthers were absolutely on point about who she was with and he was not a savior.

He told her to do it for "evidence" and send it to him. Bizarre. You don't tell a girl who is being sexually abused and assaulted to simply let it happen again in order to get evidence. Even though, in this case, it was this very "evidence" that broke the case wide open and got SP out of that situation.
But yikes.

So did he immediately call Law Enforcement and turn over the information? No, it appears LE found the stuff in her email via google warrants right? So angry I can’t type right now.

Yes, it's an unfortunate situation. My guess is if she didn't have the video it would be her word against his. She may have been returned to the home and written off as a rebellious teenager.

I have so many questions ~ How long was the sexual abuse going on in the household? I doubt what SP recorded was a first time occurrence.

Did BDR rape her too? I’m waiting to see if that charge is bought up . . . I’d be surprised if he didn’t.

I THINK there is a lot of history with these 2 people (based on some comments I read elsewhere), and I think his intentions to help her were 100% pure of heart. I think they worked on this plan for a while. My guess is that SP's abuser had a pattern to his behavior-she knew when he would be coming into her room and so BDR told her to get proof and she then sent the proof to someone just in case something happened to her phones or accounts. Sometimes, you have to be your own hero and sometimes you need a sidekick to help with the plans, esp when you are only 14! The system we have to help people in this situation isn't great. we all know this. These 2 (perhaps 3 if his mother was aware of the plan ahead of time) did what needed to be done!

Just wondering how RP's defense will try to spin this to make him out to be a victim.

They can't spin this IMO. He raped SLP. It's on camera. She is 14.
What is RP going to say--
"She tricked me?"
She is 14 and he is a grown man who was supposed to be her father!
He raised her from the time she was 2 years old for crying out loud.
No, there is no defense of this.
He is going to prison and so is the other man.
MOO.

I have so many questions ~ How long was the sexual abuse going on in the household? I doubt what SP recorded was a first time occurrence.

Did BDR rape her too? I’m waiting to see if that charge is bought up . . . I’d be surprised if he didn’t.

Dear OhthatVictoria,

Those are great questions.

I'm Confident when I say, no it was not the first time. That would insinuate she lied to BDR, and propositioned her Stepfather for sex.

I'm more inclined to believe BDR, did engage in sex acts with SP, but not necessarily. I would think he would've been charged. We'll wait and see

The affidavit alleges that Rogers persuaded the minor to engage in sexually explicit conduct, to make a video recording of the conduct, and send the video recording to him.
BBM - there is no way he was "helping her to escape" - IMO. No normal adult would ever encourage a minor to subject themself to this - no way unless there is something in it for them JMO.
Madison man charged in connection with Tennessee teen found in Wisconsin

There is no indication of that in the charges.

I THINK there is a lot of history with these 2 people (based on some comments I read elsewhere), and I think his intentions to help her were 100% pure of heart. I think they worked on this plan for a while. My guess is that SP's abuser had a pattern to his behavior-she knew when he would be coming into her room and so BDR told her to get proof and she then sent the proof to someone just in case something happened to her phones or accounts. Sometimes, you have to be your own hero and sometimes you need a sidekick to help with the plans, esp when you are only 14! The system we have to help people in this situation isn't great. we all know this. These 2 (perhaps 3 if his mother was aware of the plan ahead of time) did what needed to be done!
I strongly disagree.

I don’t think his actions were in any way altruistic.

I think she went from one predator to another.

Scarletstar,

Whoa, I disagree. What history are you referring to? And he could've taken her right to the police station. What was the need to take her to WI for a couple of weeks, she already had the proof

<modsnip: The mother is not a POI/suspect; please leave your accusations out of this discussion>

Last edited by a moderator:

Let’s just say he had nothing but honorable intentions and this was a rescue. (Color me doubtful) What he did was illegal.

Edit to add: And wouldn’t a sheet have been enough evidence to call in local LE?

Marking my spot.
I am dismayed to read from msm that a video/pics were found of SLP and the RP 'having sex'.
So infuriating.
SLP was basically being attacked and assaulted . Msm needed to call it as it was.
Can hardly stand to read what this victim endured.

Eta : Any time an adult (man or woman) is caught having preyed and abused a minor-- it's called 'rape', not "having sex". Just seems to lessen the horror if termed incorrectly. MOO.

Let’s just say he had nothing but honorable intentions and this was a rescue. (Color me doubtful) What he did was illegal.

Edit to add: And wouldn’t a sheet have been enough evidence to call in local LE?

I don't know what to think. This case has my head spinning.
If he had honorable intentions, then I question his maturity. He went about it entirely the wrong way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cheeseDreams