Found Safe TN - SLP, 14, Madisonville, Monroe County, 13 Jan 2019 #4 *ARRESTS*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SP was a minor child, legally unable to give consent to ANY type of plans, or relationship with BR.

She did not want to record a video of another rape, he repeatedly pressured and coerced her and revictimized her himself by withholding help until she complied.

What well meaning person does that and then afterwards, even when he haves the PROOF he demanded, he stays silent for weeks and lies to the FBI when asked if SP is there or if he has seen her.

I wonder if it were anyone's own daughter in this same scenario, would they feel so willing to give BR the benefit of the doubt or would they be hunting him down looking for their daughter and then demanding prosecution to the fullest extent of the law?

I don't have a daughter, but I know what I'd do.

moo

I understand exactly how you feel. I have a daughter, a son, a grandson, and another grandchild on the way. IMO even without children, I would expect LE to throw the book at this guy. There is not an ounce of sympathy for everything he did with this child. And, IMO, if he did nothing more against SLP, I'll be relieved. Immensely.

Someday, SLP might be able to forgive these horrible people in her life. That will be up to her, when (and if) she is (ever) ready.

BBM
Forced?
Encouraged, at best; coerced (legal term), at worst.
From all appearances, another rape would have happened anyway. Not excusing him for wanting/keeping the tape: HORRENDOUS!!!. I think he had ill-conceived self-advise that he needed proof to believe her and have what he thought was evidence that would "save" her and himself.

Another thing to consider, and I will eat these words if it's ever revealed he SA'd SP, is that yes he had the video saved but there's no information released that he watched it more than once, distributed it, sold it, etc. He could have watched 30 seconds of it, threw up, and got in his car to go get her. We really dont know.

The only thing we know is that he exercised very poor judgment of how he handled the situation.

I am NOT defending him by any means. It's just that we dont know what happened.

Just to add on here, I absolutely agree he did commit crimes. There is no arguing that.

I have just held on to some hope that those crimes were not to further abuse her. I know that's wishful thinking and naive.

Last edited:
I understand exactly how you feel. I have a daughter, a son, a grandson, and another grandchild on the way. IMO even without children, I would expect LE to throw the book at this guy. There is not an ounce of sympathy for everything he did with this child. And, IMO, if he did nothing more against SLP, I'll be relieved. Immensely.

Someday, SLP might be able to forgive these horrible people in her life. That will be up to her, when (and if) she is (ever) ready.
Agreed. I do wonder, since she has been safe and in TN for quite awhile now, what she has told to LE ? I see no additional arrests have been made so I wonder what that means?
Feds: Wisconsin man met Tennessee teen playing 'Roblox' before picking her up from home
snipped
According to the Monroe County Sheriff's Office, the teen contacted the St. Louis FBI field office at some point; however, a tip did not lead to Rogers. The sheriff's office says that information developed during the investigation.

A deputy with the sheriff's office, an official with THP and a case manager flew to Wisconsin on Friday and picked her up. As of Monday, officials say the teenager is in Tennessee, is not with family, but is safe

Another thing to consider, and I will eat these words if it's ever revealed he SA'd SP, is that yes he had the video saved but there's no information released that he watched it more than once, distributed it, sold it, etc. He could have watched 30 seconds of it, threw up, and got in his car to go get her. We really dont know.

The only thing we know is that he exercised very poor judgment of how he handled the situation.

Respectfully we know much more than that:

1) He coerced a minor to make a rape video - A crime
2) He withheld his offer of 'help' until she emailed it to him - A crime
3) He drove across country and back to his home - A crime
4) He lied to FBI about seeing her or her being in his home at the time - A crime

These are already proven facts and are criminal acts not just poor decisions. Did he also SA SP, I do not know at this point, but he definitely victimized and exploited her, This is why he's been charged and is sitting behind bars,

Question:

Where was BR's mother during all this? I find it almost impossible to believe that she did not know someone was in the house for that long.

I am not blaming her but I would know if my son had a house guest (or someone held against there will) for several weeks in my home.

I wonder what she thought was going on?

No, we know more than that. Even in the most benign reading of the facts, he committed multiple crimes, and was fully aware he was committing crimes. I don't understand the need to minimize what he did.

4) He lied to FBI about seeing her or her being in his home at the time - A crime

These are already proven facts and are criminal acts not just poor decisions. Did he also SA SP, I do not know at this point, but he definitely victimized and exploited her, This is why he's been charged and is sitting behind bars,

Yes, I do agree completely. He has committed crimes. That is very clear.

I have been hoping that she wasnt further abused when she left home. It is probably wishful thinking on my part.

No, we know more than that. Even in the most benign reading of the facts, he committed multiple crimes, and was fully aware he was committing crimes. I don't understand the need to minimize what he did.

I didn't intend for my comments to read like that. He committed crimes. That is very clear and he should be punished for those.

I have held on to some hope that she wasnt abused further after leaving home. I had hoped for her sake his motivations were not to abuse her. That was all I intended to communicate.

I am not defending him.

I edited my up thread comment to try and be more clear.

Last edited:
I didn't intend for my comments to read like that. He committed crimes. That is very clear and he should be punished for those.

I have held on to some hope that she wasnt abused further after leaving home. I had hoped for her sake his motivations were not to abuse her. That was all I intended to communicate.

I am not defending him.

I too hope she wasn't :(

I sort of doubt we will ever know publicly if he raped her after picking her up in TN. Prayerfully not. I pray she called FBI before further abuse was done to her.
And if LE is following the example of JC (no charges in the County she was found in thus not much disclosure of her 88 days) perhaps there will be no further detailed charges for BR? I don't know. Perhaps one of our attorneys may chime in? @gitana1 ?

Question:

Where was BR's mother during all this? I find it almost impossible to believe that she did not know someone was in the house for that long.

I am not blaming her but I would know if my son had a house guest (or someone held against there will) for several weeks in my home.

I wonder what she thought was going on?
there was much discussion a few threads ago about this very subject and I spoke to a friend who said they could absolutely hide someone from their parent and then proceeded on telling me how they would do it. I believe he hid her from the Mother based on what the friend told me. It's scary actually. IMO

there was much discussion a few threads ago about this very subject and I spoke to a friend who said they could absolutely hide someone from their parent and then proceeded on telling me how they would do it. I believe he hid her from the Mother based on what the friend told me. It's scary actually. IMO

I must have missed that. I'll go back and read it.

These crimes have absolutely been committed and he may go away for a very long time.

However, not all the facts have been released and there is a lot we don't know. Really important details. Are there gray areas, and what shade of gray?

It will be interesting to see how the prosecution proceeds once the details become known. This may be a very unusual case, we just don't know right now.

And for SLP's sake, I hope the there is a lot of gray.

I am not trying to be a smart alec here at all, but what would the charges be if BDR had lived two towns over in Tennessee, for instance, and had never taken her over state lines. I ask this since state SA charges have not been brought as of yet. He wouldn't be in federal court if that was the case.
The other huge thing for me is what has SP said about her time with him, why she hid, was she scared and if she was scared, of what and whom (her parents, LE, or BDR). Did they have a plan together, or did she feel trapped and unable to get away from him. Her account may be very complicating.
Well, if he didn't take her across state lines I'm sure the charges would be different.
The charge of taking a minor across state lines for sexual purposes would include for the purpose of prostitution or trafficking, but I'm guessing it would also include any sexual assault.
We don't know yet if he was charged with this, they only announced their intention.
I'm assuming it depends largely on her description of what happened, which may take some time, and the physical evidence, if they have any.
With the current charge they already have the evidence they need. Imo

SP was a minor child, legally unable to give consent to ANY type of plans, or relationship with BR.

She did not want to record a video of another rape, he repeatedly pressured and coerced her and revictimized her himself by withholding help until she complied.

What well meaning person does that and then afterwards, even when he haves the PROOF he demanded, he stays silent for weeks and lies to the FBI when asked if SP is there or if he has seen her.

I wonder if it were anyone's own daughter in this same scenario, would they feel so willing to give BR the benefit of the doubt or would they be hunting him down looking for their daughter and then demanding prosecution to the fullest extent of the law?

I don't have a daughter, but I know what I'd do.

moo
I have a 14 year old daughter, and I would be devastated.
It might be different if he had kept her overnight and then went to authorities the next day, but he kept her for 3 weeks. It wouldn't matter if she went along with it, she's too young to make that kind of decision.
This guy was so scared he would get in big trouble if she didn't take that video, and used that to coerce her onto doing it, yet he never considered he would be in even more trouble if he kept her hidden in his home the entire time they were searching for her? He's not stupid. Imo

These crimes have absolutely been committed and he may go away for a very long time.

However, not all the facts have been released and there is a lot we don't know. Really important details. Are there gray areas, and what shade of gray?

It will be interesting to see how the prosecution proceeds once the details become known. This may be a very unusual case, we just don't know right now.

And for SLP's sake, I hope the there is a lot of gray.
It may very well be a dark shade of gray.

Last edited:
How much will LE take into account of SP's description and interpretation of the events from the time he picked her up and got her to Wisconsin and the time that LE recovered her from the basement?

Will they disregard her account because she is a minor if her account does not support the prevailing opinion on here that he is a manipulative predator at best? The fact he broke the law is a given and the sentencing on the federal level is clear. But if LE does not give her account credence won't they be doing what adults have been doing all along, not believing her?

Like I said before, SP's account of what transpired could really complicate the picture.

That’s the first time I’ve read the criminal complaint by the FBI agent. I feel so much deep sorrow for SLP and some mean rage and disgust towards RP. I also canNOT believe her Mom didn’t believe her. Wtf! SLP has so much courage. She was failed miserably.

As far as BDR, idek. He did tell the FBI agent that he had the video. Did he not hand the agent his phone/computer and show him the file and let the agent have it? Why wouldn’t the agent want it right then? Maybe I’m confused on that. I know the FBI returned that evening and found SLP. I can’t determine if BDR had nefarious intent, tbh. I’m very conflicted on that. I’m so happy he went and got SLP. I’m just not sure why there wasn’t a plan to take her and the video to the police within a day or so, once she was safely away from RP. Could things have went sideways, and end up placing her back home with RP....idk. The Good Ol’ Boys Club is alive and strong here in the south. It can be daunting to be believed as a woman. Idk anything about the TN police in that area and how convincing RP could be to wiggle out of it. You’d think the video would be an irrefutable nail in his coffin, but I can see it being pegged as fake and sending SLP right back home with him. I can see where she’d feel that it was too great a risk for her. Especially at 14, if your Mom doesn’t even believe you..... It’d mess with your mind.

All of the above is me thinking out loud, my experiences and is ONLY JMO.

BBM

I'm of the opinion that Mom believed her, somewhere within herself. She just didn't want to believe her. She couldn't believe her.
She was a SAHM, so her financial livelihood was tied to RP, and I suspect she has certain personality traits that made her a prime target for grooming, both herself and her kids. Any self esteem she did have was probably torn down by RP a long time ago.
She couldn't accept and take action on something that would implode her world.

'I’m just as simple as anybody else, I mean I am just a typical nobody, just like everybody else.'

Sadly, this happens all the time. Predators go to great lengths to make sure their victims are put in a position where they have to make terrible choices.

This isn't a bash on Mom, I just don't think it's as simple as not believing her.

I may be WAY off base, but that's my take on it right now. :(

How much will LE take into account of SP's description and interpretation of the events from the time he picked her up and got her to Wisconsin and the time that LE recovered her from the basement?

Will they disregard her account because she is a minor if her account does not support the prevailing opinion on here that he is a manipulative predator at best? The fact he broke the law is a given and the sentencing on the federal level is clear. But if LE does not give her account credence won't they be doing what adults have been doing all along, not believing her?

Like I said before, SP's account of what transpired could really complicate the picture.

I imagine that LE has treated SLP with ultimate care. They have professionals, trained to go over details, without making her feel any more threatened. I would say that her fears, and this is JMO, about her home, her father figure, the video, would likely be covered.

Whether there was anything additional that SLP was subjected to, in the time she spent in that basement, will be up to LE handling her accounting, with utmost care. We may never know any further details. That, to me, is a fine thing. This young girl is fragile enough. They won't subject her to anything further IMO.

ETA: Maybe her accounting paints BDR as her 'knight in shining armor'? Eh, I highly doubt it. But again, we hopefully won't know. She's been through more than many could handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot